Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

New Berserk Anime Project Launching

Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Old 09-27-10, 09:22 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 521 Likes on 458 Posts

It looks like a new Berserk anime may be materializing. It's still unknown what this would include (remake and such).

via ANN
posted on 2010-09-27 09:56 EDT

More details to be provided in Young Animal magazine, website

The wraparound jacket band on the 35th volume of Kentarou Miura's Berserk fantasy manga is announcing this month that a new anime project is launching. More information will be provided in Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine and the affiliated Young Animal Web site. The manga has been running in Young Animal since 1989. Oriental Light and Magic and VAP already adapted the story into a 25-episode television anime series from 1997 to 1998, and Media Blasters released this earlier anime in North America. Dark Horse Comics and Digital Manga Publishing are publishing the 34th manga volume this month. Dark Horse Comics describes the manga as the following:
His name is Guts, the Black Swordsman, a feared warrior spoken of only in whispers. Bearer of a gigantic sword, an iron hand, and the scars of countless battles and tortures, his flesh is also indelibly marked with The Brand, an unholy symbol that draws the forces of darkness to him and dooms him as their sacrifice. But Guts won't take his fate lying down; he'll cut a crimson swath of carnage through the ranks of the damned — and anyone else foolish enough to oppose him! Accompanied by Puck the Elf, more an annoyance than a companion, Guts relentlessly follows a dark, bloodstained path that leads only to death … or vengeance.
[Via Earl.Box, raito-kun, AICN Anime]

Update: More background information added.

Update: A television commercial narrated by singer, actor, and well-known Berserk fan Gackt will promote the release of the 35th manga volume. Four versions of the commercial will run from Wednesday, September 29 to October 3. The official website will re-open after a revamp on Tuesday at about 9:30 a.m. with the television commercial and a separate, web-only commercial. In addition, an official Twitter account, "Berserk_project," has launched. Source: Comic Natalie

Last edited by WTK; 09-27-10 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-27-10, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: New Berserk Anime Project Launching

Awesome. Hopefully this new anime will go straight through to the creation of Fantasia and won't leave us hanging in the middle of an arc somewhere. I wonder if this has any relation to the Berserk anime that was rumored to be in the works last year.
Old 09-27-10, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that's great news. I really enjoyed this series on DVD and it was unfortunately that it cut short and left us hanging. Looking forward to this series.
Old 09-28-10, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YESSSSSSS! THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT THIS IS GREEEEEAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG this is the best anime related news I've heard in DECADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please please please please please please PLEEEEEAAASE be a continuation from where the first anime series left off!!! If that's what they're announcing then I am going to do backflips down Hollywood Blvd IN THE FUCKING NUDE!!!!!! Oh man I am jumping for joy here!!! Berserk fucking RAWX and anyone who doesn't love it needs their head examined ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*proceeds to do the mambo*
Old 09-28-10, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by OutRun2
YESSSSSSS! THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT THIS IS GREEEEEAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG this is the best anime related news I've heard in DECADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please please please please please please PLEEEEEAAASE be a continuation from where the first anime series left off!!! If that's what they're announcing then I am going to do backflips down Hollywood Blvd IN THE FUCKING NUDE!!!!!! Oh man I am jumping for joy here!!! Berserk fucking RAWX and anyone who doesn't love it needs their head examined ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*proceeds to do the mambo*
My reaction is almost this big. But I'm not promising to streak through the streets. Best news since I heard about HBO making the A Song of Ice and Fire series.
Old 09-28-10, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's a 15 second trailer. It's not much, but at least it shows something is being made.

Last edited by big e; 09-28-10 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-05-11, 05:24 AM
WTK

via ANN
News: Berserk to Get Theatrical Anime Film in 2011 (Updated)

posted on 2011-01-05 02:17 EST

Newtype: Film to be 1st part of adaptation of entire story

The February issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is announcing on Saturday that the previously revealed Berserk project will begin with a theatrical film that will open in 2011. According to Newtype, the 2011 film will be the first part of a project that will adapt the entire story from Kentarou Miura's manga.

[Via Earl.Box]

Last edited by WTK; 01-05-11 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-05-11, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A movie? That's pretty cool. I'd love a new series, but a well-animated movie could be awesome.
Old 01-06-11, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
"The first part"..... Hmmm, does that mean it'll be a series of movies retelling the story ala the new Eva films? Or it be a movie, and then a series of OVA-style shorts?
Old 01-22-11, 10:37 PM
Cool New Member

Is this the same Berserk the movie Shinobi was based on?
Old 07-05-11, 07:57 PM
WTK

via ANN
Berserk Film Slated for Next January

posted on 2011-07-05 19:53 EDT

This year's 14th volume of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine is announcing this week that the Berserk anime film will open throughout Japan next January. It also confirms that Toshiyuki Kubooka (Batman: Gotham Knight episode 5) is directing at Studio 4°C. Warner Brothers Japan is distributing.

The official website for the film will open on July 15. Some theaters will be showing a teaser trailer, and Good Smile Company will make a figure which will be unveiled at this summer's Wonder Festival. A Berserk clear file comes with this week's Young Animal issue.

[Via Earl.box (contains explicit content), Yaraon!]
Old 07-05-11, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yay. Was just looking for news on this a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the update!
Old 07-06-11, 01:44 AM

You guys think there's a chance that if the movie is successful, they'll follow it up with another TV series?

*prays and crosses fingers for a continuation of the first anime*

Old 07-06-11, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One can only hope. Aside from FMA Anime series don't usually get remade though.
Old 07-06-11, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
One can only hope. Aside from FMA Anime series don't usually get remade though.
Unless they're really old and still popular: Astro Boy, Gigantor, Cyborg 009, Speed Racer... They've been remaking Gundam for 30 years now.

Last edited by Ash Ketchum; 07-06-11 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-07-11, 11:12 PM
WTK

via ANN
1st Berserk Anime Film's Title Revealed

posted on 2011-07-07 23:27 EDT

The movie version of Kentaro Miura's Berserk manga, set for release next January, will be titled Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago (Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler). After months of silence about the state of the movie, STUDIO4℃ confirmed that director Toshiyuki Kubooka and staff are hard at work on the film and more production updates will be given up to the film's release.

A new Twitter account was set up today to provide the latest news for film. Under the name "Clara de Porras" of the fictional Midland Kingdom's Public Relations Office, the account will be updated with further information about the film. The official website for the film will open on July 15.
Old 07-10-11, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm a little concerned whether this will get released over here. It seems to me that Berserk isn't that popular among regular anime fans; out of the few I know, only one had seen the Berserk anime and, from what he said, didn't think much of it.
Old 07-14-11, 07:41 AM
WTK

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p286WtHoK2g?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p286WtHoK2g?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 08-28-11, 10:03 AM
WTK

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHygsoIJi54?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHygsoIJi54?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 08-28-11, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the update!
Old 09-23-11, 12:21 PM
WTK

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/POaFuuuwgV4?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/POaFuuuwgV4?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lF2GaxlyNvk?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lF2GaxlyNvk?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 09-24-11, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by big e
I'm a little concerned whether this will get released over here. It seems to me that Berserk isn't that popular among regular anime fans; out of the few I know, only one had seen the Berserk anime and, from what he said, didn't think much of it.
Really? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I've heard the phrase "fan service" thrown around a lot in reference to shows like Love Hina. Maybe that's what the average anime fan is looking for.

Berserk is my favorite anime series, by a long shot. Intriguing plot. Complex characters. Just awesome. Berserk is the only anime series that I own on DVD. (I own several anime films.) I haven't watched any anime in a few years, but I've seen all of Evangelion, Trigun, and RahXephon and the early episodes of Ghost in the Shell, Fighting Spirit, Rurouni Kenshin, Monster, Love Hina, and others.

Oh well. I guess there's no accounting for taste.
Old 10-02-11, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Whoops. I forgot that I also own Cowboy Bebop, which is my second favorite anime (behind Berserk).
Old 11-02-11, 01:10 AM
WTK

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-9vM79FFWQ?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-9vM79FFWQ?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 04-07-12, 05:25 PM
WTK

Viz Media now holds the license for North America.

via otakureview Twitter
Viz also just announced Berserk Golden Age Arc movie trilogy. First movie will be out Fall 2012.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.