Old 05-06-12, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Once Upon a Time -- "An Apple Red as Blood" -- 5/06/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-11-06

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"An Apple Red as Blood" - Henry pleads with Emma to stay in Storybrooke and continue her quest as the savior of the fairytale dwellers, and Regina concocts a plan that could rid her of Emma forever. Meanwhile, back in the fairytale land that was, Snow White enlists the aid of her fellow fairytale cohorts to attack the Evil Queen and save Prince Charming's life, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, MAY 6 (8:00-9:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 21 of 22

The BD release for this was announced. It will be released August 28th

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Time-Season-1/16905
Old 05-06-12, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time -- "An Apple Red as Blood" -- 5/06/12

What an awkward final shot.
Old 05-06-12, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like Henry's screwed. Last time I checked, he doesn't have a 'one true love' like Snow White did to give the wake up kiss.
Old 05-06-12, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
Looks like Henry's screwed. Last time I checked, he doesn't have a 'one true love' like Snow White did to give the wake up kiss.
I was thinking about that.. They are a little young but what about..
Spoiler:
Hatters daughter. She and Henry had a moment in the first Hatter episode. She is from the other world like the others. henry is the only one who is not from that world.

I'm just grasping at straws but it could work..

Last edited by draven31; 05-06-12 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-06-12, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
What an awkward final shot.
I was thinking the same thing.

Good episode though. Looking forward to the finale. I still have no idea how they'll end it.

Maybe I missed it but do we know how and why Henry believes all this? Was it because Pinnochio wrote the book and Henry's child imagination allowed him to believe it? I also was to know why his character exists in this universe at all.
Old 05-06-12, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I was thinking the same thing.

Good episode though. Looking forward to the finale. I still have no idea how they'll end it.

Maybe I missed it but do we know how and why Henry believes all this? Was it because Pinnochio wrote the book and Henry's child imagination allowed him to believe it? I also was to know why his character exists in this universe at all.
On the first question. I dont remember if they have said how he found the book but I think he recognizes some of the people in the stories from those he knows in town. Not everybody though. Snow was the first and it just went from there. Dr Hopper/ Jiminy Cricket encouraged that (if I'm remembering that right).

As for two I think Gold had something to do with that. They've hinted that he can leave storybrook. He's the one that acquired Henry for Regina. He may have been keeping an eye on Emma all this time. Maybe he arranged for Emma to get involved with Henry's father.

Just my opinion.. I could be completely wrong on all counts..
Old 05-07-12, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by draven31
On the first question. I dont remember if they have said how he found the book but I think he recognizes some of the people in the stories from those he knows in town. Not everybody though. Snow was the first and it just went from there. Dr Hopper/ Jiminy Cricket encouraged that (if I'm remembering that right).

Just my opinion.. I could be completely wrong on all counts..
Mary Margaret gave him the book
Old 05-07-12, 12:10 PM

someone please clarify something...I remember the hatter episode ending with him being trapped in the other world because Regina took her father and left him there and there was that shot of him making hat after hat to get back. I guess I"m confused. How was he back in our world?
(OK so I guess that was in the past since Daddy was alive and then the curse brought him to our world for the last episode we saw with him in it but I'm still unclear as to how he was there for this episode. Shouldn't he be trapped in the past from that point from our world perspective? totally getting confused by the past and the present. She left him there in the past. So what happened in the present? He was still here and his daughter didn't know him?)

Last edited by celmendo; 05-07-12 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-07-12, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 94 Likes on 65 Posts

"Um, Red ... you've got someone on your chin ..."

Old 05-07-12, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by celmendo
someone please clarify something...I remember the hatter episode ending with him being trapped in the other world because Regina took her father and left him there and there was that shot of him making hat after hat to get back. I guess I"m confused. How was he back in our world?
(OK so I guess that was in the past since Daddy was alive and then the curse brought him to our world for the last episode we saw with him in it but I'm still unclear as to how he was there for this episode. Shouldn't he be trapped in the past from that point from our world perspective?)

We will probably get that back story at some point but Regina does mention bringing Jefferson here (assuming to Storybrook) 28 years ago.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vr7BHN3romA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Question for everybody..
What if the first step to breaking the curse is everybody getting their memories back? Still in Storybrook but everybody remembers who they were?

That might drive more people mad, dont you think?

Last edited by draven31; 05-07-12 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-07-12, 01:05 PM

We will probably get that back story at some point but Regina does mention bringing Jefferson here (assuming to Storybrook) 28 years ago.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vr7BHN3romA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I read a recap and the last we saw him in Storybroke was him falling out the window into his hat. I guess we'll get that explained maybe next episode. that's what I get for watching this at 12:30 at night.
Old 05-08-12, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Question for everybody..
What if the first step to breaking the curse is everybody getting their memories back? Still in Storybrook but everybody remembers who they were?

That is exactly what Jefferson alleged would happen if his daughter knew of both realities. He himself admitted it drove him mad which is why he wanted to completely forget one reality existed.

I dunno where this is headed. It gets more ridiculous with each passing week.
Old 05-08-12, 09:52 AM

Received 772 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
A mother's love would break the curse... wouldn't it?! If she believed that it would work... right?
Old 05-08-12, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Question for everybody..

Maybe that's why Belle was commited.
Old 05-08-12, 12:44 PM

August seems fine. mr Gold is a little less crazy in this world. Jefferson was driven mad for the most part in wonderland and then seeing his daughter with no memories of her life with him. I think most others would be fine.

I do wonder what would happen to Dr hopper? Would he turn back into a cricket?
Old 05-08-12, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
That is exactly what Jefferson alleged would happen if his daughter knew of both realities. He himself admitted it drove him mad which is why he wanted to completely forget one reality existed.

I dunno where this is headed. It gets more ridiculous with each passing week.
from the writers that brought us Lost. I have a bad feeling about where this show is going.
Old 05-08-12, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is the first time it seems they've said that Regina has known all along who Emma was & her connection to the fairy-tale world.
Old 05-08-12, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, let's see. The Hat seems to be unbound by time or place (which is why it not only got the apple from Fairytale Land but from the past as well. When Emma and August came through the portal, we saw an Oceanic Air flight. Clearly that was the Losties' flight and the magical portal caused the crash. And the Cork in the Island is actually the Hatter's hat after it was lost in our past which will happen sometime during the present.
Old 05-08-12, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Parallel worlds and purgatory.