Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

J&R 2 blu-rays for $12

Old 05-05-12, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J&R 2 blu-rays for $12

http://www.jr.com/promotions/blu-ray...upuJHieafYOp9A

...and for free shipping join their "J&R Friends with Benefits" for free:
https://www.jr.com/checkout.flow?_fl...4Loh1KvZU*XgzA

I just ordered Army of Darkness and Tremors.
Old 05-05-12, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: J&R 2 blu-rays for $12

Thanks. Picked up In Bruges and Wanted.
Old 05-05-12, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Thanks. Bought a few I normally wouldn't have.
Old 05-07-12, 02:44 PM

I was interested, but waited too long. Many titles have gone out of stock rapidly.

David
Old 05-07-12, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There are some great movies on the list, but I bought those ones ages ago. I couldn't find 2 BDs that I wanted @ $6 each. I had 1 I sort-of wanted (I won't say the name because most people hate it but I thought it was OK), but every other title (that I recognized) would've been a DVD to BD upgrade, and $6 is a bit much for rebuying everything. On top of that the few possibilities I researched dropped extras from the DVD making it an AV upgrade/extras downgrade, and I typically skip those.
Old 05-12-12, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Way to go, JR.

Items cancelled. Getting tired of their shit.
Old 05-12-12, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Way to go, JR.

Items cancelled. Getting tired of their shit.

I've never ordered from them before, but jumped on this deal and ordered a few a little bit after it was posted.

I got an e-mail today saying 1 was cancelled and the rest shipped out. No big deal, but when I log in to the site and look at my order history, the item numbers don't match up with what I ordered. Not a single one. Every one links me to the regular dvd of what I ordered, and not the blu-ray. Anyone have issues like this with them previously?
Old 05-12-12, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Apple Gooncha
I've never ordered from them before, but jumped on this deal and ordered a few a little bit after it was posted.

I got an e-mail today saying 1 was cancelled and the rest shipped out. No big deal, but when I log in to the site and look at my order history, the item numbers don't match up with what I ordered. Not a single one. Every one links me to the regular dvd of what I ordered, and not the blu-ray. Anyone have issues like this with them previously?
Did you scroll to the bottom of the item page? They list both formats on one page with the BD on the bottom.
Old 05-12-12, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by jwstl
Did you scroll to the bottom of the item page? They list both formats on one page with the BD on the bottom.
I did, but the only thing listed is the DVD. I'm thinking that since most (all?) of the titles I ordered appeared to go out of stock, they just don't have the blu/combo-packs listed on here at all anymore. That makes a little more sense.

Last edited by Apple Gooncha; 05-12-12 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-12-12, 02:32 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks. Ordered Miami Vice, American Pie Presents: The Book of Love, Nanny McPhee and Repo Men.
Old 05-12-12, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

The only titles that interest me in this sale would be DVD upgrades. With my current backlog, they'd have to be $5 or less for me to consider buying. However, I just remembered J&R offered me a $5 credit after I contacted them in March about an "In Stock" item being canceled from an order. So I went ahead and placed an order for Serenity and Army of Darkness and called up with the reference number for the credit. The phone rep made the adjustment in a few seconds and hopefully both blus will be on their way for $3.50 each.

Was tempted to wait for an extended cut of Army of Darkness, but I think the elements for that leave much to be desired (especially for a high-def release). With Universal handling it, I'm not holding my breath for another release. Was considering The Thing as well, but I believe it dropped several extras from the special edition DVD.
Old 05-12-12, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Apple Gooncha
Every one links me to the regular dvd of what I ordered, and not the blu-ray. Anyone have issues like this with them previously?
It happened to me when they were offering the Amadeus and Doctor Zhivago blu-ray books for $6.99 earlier this year. I actually canceled and reordered at Amazon (for $3 more) just to be sure I got the correct versions. It seems that most people did end up getting the blu-ray, despite the item number switch. But if I recall correctly, a few people who ordered Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on blu-ray were sent the DVD.
Old 05-23-12, 01:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why does J&R cancel orders when the DVD continues to be listed as in-stock on their site? This DVD isn't out-of-print, it's in-stock everywhere.
Old 05-23-12, 10:38 AM

Since most of their orders are fulfilled from B&M stores, the clerks probably can't locate the item on the shelf and just cancel it. It's extremely frustrating, but it's happened to me several times. The worst is when you reorder after getting a cancellation notice and they are somehow able to ship the new order the very next day.

Luckily, my two BDs shipped last week. Of course, they failed take off the $5 credit after I called to have it applied. It took a full week and two e-mails before they finally refunded me.
Old 05-23-12, 04:44 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

Picked up Tremors, The Hulk, Serenity (BD/DVD), and Street Fighter... three campy films plus a solid one!