Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Andrew W.K. 'I Get Wet' tour

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 02-24-12, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

http://andrewwk.com/news/andrew-wk-i...line-tour-2012

AWK is marking the 10th anniversary of the album with a tour where he will play the whole album, with his original band. Not sure if Don Tardy is with him, but I hope he has the 3 guitarists at least.

I'd love to see this. He puts on an insane show.
Old 02-24-12, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Andrew W.K. 'I Get Wet' tour

I didn't know Andrew W.K .was still around. I thought he just kind of faded in to oblivion. Wasn't Close Calls with Brick Walls initially just released only in Japan?

Loved him when I was a teenager. I pet he'd put on a great show. I Get Wet is a fun album.
Old 02-24-12, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

He had a major problem with his manager that kept him from releasing material in the U.S. or touring or performing it. That's why he was doing stuff like hosting 'Destroy Build Destroy.' Obviously he's cleared it up.
Old 02-24-12, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I discovered AWK late, love to see him. But no one comes to Nashville anymore...
Old 02-25-12, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

Saw him back in 2002 in San Francisco, when that album was all he had. Great show.

Don't want to pay to re-live that time, but I'm happy for people who might have missed out to get a chance to hear that album/see that lineup.
Old 02-25-12, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by covenant
I discovered AWK late, love to see him. But no one comes to Nashville anymore...
no, he's not coming here this go around... but he did play Exit In on the I Get Wet tour the original go around some 9 or so years ago... it was very fun!
Old 02-26-12, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remembered this from MTV2 back in the day when he released Party Hard and She Is Beautiful. Didn't really think much of it at the time, but I recently just discovered that he was playing in England. Went on YouTube and listened to some songs, and eventually I've been playing I Get Wet regularly. It's just a great feel good album.

So yes, I will be catching him in a couple of months time in Antwerpen. And if I enjoy that way too much I might just go to Amsterdam the following day, but we'll see.
Old 02-26-12, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcfly
I didn't know Andrew W.K .was still around. I thought he just kind of faded in to oblivion. Wasn't Close Calls with Brick Walls initially just released only in Japan?

Loved him when I was a teenager. I pet he'd put on a great show. I Get Wet is a fun album.
Haha totally saw him at the Minneapolis/St. Paul Zombie pub crawl back in October, he played the St. Paul side of the crawl.
Old 02-26-12, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

I enjoyed the album, and he does put on a fun show. While I'm not sure I want to go see him now, I would recommend it to other people.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jZpiBm1cTIo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-02-12, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh hell yes! Thank you! That album was awesome. I'll never forget seeing him live during undergrad. After the show he came out to the field party and smoked up with a bunch of kids and talked about Pink Floyd and classic rock for like three hours. I'm totally going to the chicago show.