Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone tried ShopRunner yet?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-09-10, 09:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have a free trial for 2 day shipping. I was thinking about trying it to get free shipping on some games at TRU.
Old 11-25-10, 12:18 AM

Re: Anyone tried ShopRunner yet?

Shoprunner is a TOTAL scam--read the fine print carefully. Your "FREE" trial membership is not free if you don't cancel before the end of the 30-day period. If you use the service even ONCE during their so-called "FREE" trial period, and cancel ONE DAY after the 30 day trial period, they will charge you the full $79. No pro-rating, no partial refund, nothing. I canceled ONE DAY after the 30 days and they gave NO sort of consideration for having used the service ONCE. I paid $79 to ship ONE item from Toys r Us! So if you sign up just to get free shipping during their BOGUS free trial, make sure to CANCEL RIGHT AWAY!!!
Old 12-05-10, 09:53 PM

Yes, I agree, it is a big scam if you cancel slightly late and even if you didn't use the service after the trial ended. So if you want use it temporary for free shipping during the free trial, just be careful, MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL IN TIME. As far as the service, it is a big scam as well, on the sites you can use the service, it's only free shipping on certain items, not everything the given store may sell.
Old 01-28-11, 11:42 AM
Banned Shill

Jenb11. You are obviously the scammer. I use ShopRunner and it's great. I have already saved more than the $79 I would have paid to get 2-day shipping on all of the Christmas presents I bought. You said: "Your "FREE" trial membership is not free if you don't cancel before the end of the 30-day period."

WOW! REALLY? You mean that you can't pull your credit card out of your wallet, provide your billing info, email, address, and payment info to use a free trial, and then violate the terms of what you contracted, and then get all of your money back and still keep the free 2-day shipping you got under the trial? That's absolutely shocking! Sure, you should be able to completely ignore your part of the arrangement and cancel any time you want. Why should you be under any obligation to keep your part of the bargain?

I have use both Amazon Prime and ShopRunner and ShopRunner is superior. And I GLADLY pay the $79 annual fee because I have already made enough purchase in December to get my money's worth and I still have 11 more months. I'm now getting my vitamins, and pet supplies with free express shipping (NOT slow ground shipping) and they keep adding more and more stores.

ShopRunner is great for legitimate consumers, and I think that needs to be pointed out. Even according to your own account they did NOT "scam" you -- you attempted to scam THEM.

People like you make the cost of everything go up for all of the rest of us so I'm not a huge fan... If your goal in life is to scam companies out of free stuff -- you're probably best just keeping your credit card in your wallet, rather than providing it and then accusing a company of scamming you when you don't keep your end of the deal.
Old 01-28-11, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that a record? Three new members in a row, first and last post for all of them!
Old 01-28-11, 12:20 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Thread of the year, and we're only in January!
Old 04-27-11, 09:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jenb11
Shoprunner is a TOTAL scam--read the fine print carefully. Your "FREE" trial membership is not free if you don't cancel before the end of the 30-day period. If you use the service even ONCE during their so-called "FREE" trial period, and cancel ONE DAY after the 30 day trial period, they will charge you the full $79. No pro-rating, no partial refund, nothing. I canceled ONE DAY after the 30 days and they gave NO sort of consideration for having used the service ONCE. I paid $79 to ship ONE item from Toys r Us! So if you sign up just to get free shipping during their BOGUS free trial, make sure to CANCEL RIGHT AWAY!!!
You've officially made yourself sound like a complete idiot. Of course you can't cancel your free trial after 30 days,.. THAT'S WHY IT SAYS 30 DAY FREE TRIAL YOU MORON! If you can't find 5 minutes to cancel your free trial before the allowed time is up thats your own damn fault. I have used it and canceled it without any issues what so ever. You are exactly the kind of dumbass that gives legit, up and coming companies a bad rep. Do us all a favor and go find a small, dark corner to live for the rest of your life so we don't have to be subject to your uneducated rants. As to the other idiots that wasted their time typing scam reviews, just go to a partnered website like Newegg.com and order something using the Shoprunner option. I ordered 2 computer monitors and saved $20 on my shipping and... am going to get it 2 days sooner. Do your research and stop bitching!

Last edited by Pooman; 04-27-11 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-27-11, 09:54 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

This thread is the #1 search result on Google if you type "Is ShopRunner legit?"

Old 05-05-11, 03:30 PM

Avoid Shoprunner at all costs. Check their "F" rating at the BBB here. bbb.org/washington-dc-eastern-pa/business-reviews/internet-shopping/shoprunner-inc-in-king-of-prussia-pa-235980004/[/url]

Don't make the same mistake I did: Ordered from Borders.com and signed up for trial on Dec 18. Did not receive item until Jan 10 after I returned home from holidays. Shoprunner rep denied Dec order date even though my Shoprunner acct. page clearly indicates order placed on Dec 18, not Jan 6. Have ordered from Borders.com in the past with no problems except this once.
Old 05-06-11, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hate the TRU website. Slow, unorganized, overpriced, excessive shipping costs. Shoprunner is garbage too. Half of TRU's items don't qualify for free shipping. I signed up around christmas, I think I used them once. I had about 3 other orders that didnt qualify so I cancelled.
Old 05-06-11, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I felt like I had to post in this thread just to get the average post count up.
Old 06-24-11, 02:37 PM

Okay, here is the deal. I use ShopRunner alot. It does save you money in the beginning. I have had my membership for a couple of months now. However, the scam is that once you hit a specific purchase amount they put your account on freeze due to "RESELLER ACTIVITY".

When you call in to dispute this information, the person says they have to send your information on to another team. This was over a month ago even though they promised to have it squared away in 2-days.

I called in today to get the account unlocked and the person said the same thing that the other person said a month ago. I pressed the issue this time and came up with the following:
1. The team that does the support phone cannot make any decisions on regards to your account or even for refunds or the such.
2. They refuse to give you any contact information to the "other" team that makes decisions (this came from the floor manager) and just reiterates that you will be contacted within 48 hours.
3. They will only give you an address for the corporate office
4. Their local BBB gives them a "F"

So I would say play at your own risk with this company.
Old 06-24-11, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by erickjohnson
Okay, here is the deal. I use ShopRunner alot. It does save you money in the beginning. I have had my membership for a couple of months now. However, the scam is that once you hit a specific purchase amount they put your account on freeze due to "RESELLER ACTIVITY".

When you call in to dispute this information, the person says they have to send your information on to another team. This was over a month ago even though they promised to have it squared away in 2-days.

I called in today to get the account unlocked and the person said the same thing that the other person said a month ago. I pressed the issue this time and came up with the following:
1. The team that does the support phone cannot make any decisions on regards to your account or even for refunds or the such.
2. They refuse to give you any contact information to the "other" team that makes decisions (this came from the floor manager) and just reiterates that you will be contacted within 48 hours.
3. They will only give you an address for the corporate office
4. Their local BBB gives them a "F"

So I would say play at your own risk with this company.
I noticed NewEgg is involved with them now. If you shop there, get after NewEgg and maybe they'll do something about it or kick them to the curb. NewEgg was always good at listening to their customers, unlike Amazon.
Old 08-26-11, 08:49 PM

I just noticed this outfit on Newegg. I do a lot of purchasing on Newegg and will let them know about the shadiness of ShopRunner and their BBB rating.

However, anytime I see the word "free" on the Net I get suspicious and usually Google it (that's how I found this thread) and check it out. Usually it is some kind of scam or at least not the "deal" it's supposed to be. Still, dumb people do dumb things or these sites wouldn't be making lots of money. In the long run they usually don't last long and go back to the spam emails about some African royalty needs your bank account to launder his millions but you can have half of it for the favor.

What's amazing that I've noticed lately is the number of new folks that show up in threads like this defending the outfit. They must hire people to scan the search sites for negative comments and defend the company. Most of the time it's so obvious it's rediculous.

So "bump" to this thread so it stays on top of Google search and who knows maybe some of the folks will join DVDTalk and be productive members asking or answering questions.
Old 08-30-11, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JerryEl
So "bump" to this thread so it stays on top of Google search and who knows maybe some of the folks will join DVDTalk and be productive members asking or answering questions.
Consider it bumped. I found this info useful, and would welcome updated remarks on SR.
Old 08-31-11, 07:20 AM

Received 4,511 Likes on 3,059 Posts

I used the free trial. Got things shipped in a timely manner. Cancelled during the 30 days. No issues. If people can't remember to cancel like it clearly states..its not the products fault. I can't give an opinion past my free trial though.
Old 09-20-11, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by jenb11
Here's their terms:

Try ShopRunner free for 30 days. You'll have access to Unlimited FREE 2-Day Shipping at the best stores, free shipping on returns, and member-only deals. Use the service as much as you like. If you are not satisfied for any reason, you can cancel at any time during the trial period and not be billed. Once your trial period ends, you will be billed the annual $79 membership fee. If you choose to cancel during your free trial, you can easily do so on the ShopRunner website. Remember, a consumer can only receive a free trial once in their lifetime.

It directly says if you don't cancel before 30 days, you'll get charged. You signed up for a service, received the stated benefit (free shipping on your one purchase), and then were charged the stated amount when you failed to cancel on time. The terms were carried out exactly - about as far from a scam as you can get.
Old 10-13-11, 10:27 PM

I recently tried them for 30 days and was satisfied. Didn't know if I'd use it enough to make it worthwhile afterwards so I canceled. Today I received an email offering me a free one year membership! Jumped on that!
Old 10-18-11, 02:43 PM

Received 4,511 Likes on 3,059 Posts

I got the same offer. Dont mind if I do...
Old 10-19-11, 09:57 PM
Premium Member

Received 676 Likes on 456 Posts

To be fair, it looks like you ignored the terms you accepted when you created your account here.
Old 10-20-11, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Cow
To be fair, it looks like you ignored the terms you accepted when you created your account here.
Who is you? Was there a post deleted or am I missing something?
Old 11-01-11, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

Great topic keep them coming.
Old 11-01-11, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
Who is you? Was there a post deleted or am I missing something?
A little paranoid?
Old 11-17-11, 04:05 PM

I needed to register to say this. Did you notice how "Dominos Pizza: Free Online Delivery" is listed in the ShopRunner ad. That just made me giggle...
Old 11-20-11, 10:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DrCube
I needed to register to say this. Did you notice how "Dominos Pizza: Free Online Delivery" is listed in the ShopRunner ad. That just made me giggle...
Dominos charges $2.50 for delivery. Shop runner will give you "free" delievery.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.