Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Looking for Firefly Blu-ray insert

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Old 12-27-11, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like the title says, got the Blu-ray set for Christmas sans insert. Wondering if any of you lovely lot know where I might be able to find one of these.
Old 12-28-11, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Looking for Firefly Blu-ray insert

I would first contact Fox through their Customer Service link at http://www.foxconnect.com . If you're sure the insert/booklet was meant to be included (studios are always looking for ways to save a couple bucks, and are known to drop items like inserts with no warning) and you get no satisfaction, get the receipt (if possible) and exchange or return it. I figure the more complaints, the more likely the studio will take steps to stop making stupid mistakes.
Old 12-28-11, 05:32 PM

I did that last night. I doubt anything will come of it cos I assume, as you said, they don't produce it for the three year old set anymore. Was worth a shot...if they even respond. I was just checking if someone here knew anything else or, better yet, were looking to get rid of one... :-\

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-29-11, 05:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless other buyers (or Fox) confirm it, assume that it could be a packaging mistake. OTOH, I have read that Fox has gone stingy with the booklets in their early Simpsons DVD sets. (Thankfully I already own every season I want.) I'd originally intended to buy Firefly on DVD several years ago during a Target ~$10 sale, but when it went Blu-Ray, moved it to my other wants list. If you're right and the booklet is no more, I will likely be buying a used set. That's what you get, Fox.
Old 12-29-11, 09:45 PM

I'll be sure to post Fox's reply...if I ever get one. Guess I'll have to hope for a loose insert to pop up on Ebay someday.
Old 01-13-12, 07:31 AM

Well, after three emails and a few weeks wait they finally contacted me. Looks like they *should* be able to ship me one, as the email alluded to their "replacement booklet process." Here's hoping.
Old 01-14-12, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There was a thread either here or somewhere else, don't remember since it was a while back, asking about this and I scanned it so people could see it.

Old 11-03-14, 09:50 PM
Banned

nice one