View Single Post
Old 10-07-11, 07:49 PM   #46
mewmartigan
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Official Dark Souls Support Group - Spoilers Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePage View Post
If I remember correctly, the first merchant you should meet early in the Undead Burg sells a repair kit, which lets you repair your weapons and armor at a bonfire for souls. He also sells repair powder, which lets you repair things without a bonfire but is a one-time use item. The kit is a much wiser, and almost essential, investment. If you find a blacksmith, he can repair your stuff for souls too (and also sells a repair kit, I think).

Your carry weight doesn't affect anything, only your equipped weight. You can drop non-essential items by going into your inventory, selecting the item, and bringing up the item menu (action button). But as for selling stuff:
Spoiler:
Apparently you can do so later in the game after meeting the right person, but I still haven't found him/her and I'm pretty far along.
Ooh, sweet. I will have to go buy the repair kit.

EDIT: He only has the one time use repair kit. Also, I didn't realize the soap stones you can message other players with are one time use only too!

Only equipped weight makes sense....maybe I will hold onto the stuff in the hopes of selling it.

EDIT: So I just got the Drake Sword but don't have the strength to equip it yet!

Last edited by mewmartigan; 10-08-11 at 05:06 PM..