Old 08-04-11, 07:36 AM   #76
RocShemp
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Mirror's Edge (360, PS3, PC)

There's a sequel coming:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
Quote:
EA senior vice president Patrick Soderlund has confirmed the company's at work on a new Mirror's Edge project, although he wouldn't elaborate one bit.

"I loved Mirror's Edge and what we did with Mirror's Edge," he told GameStar in a video interview.

"We have not abandoned the franchise. And we are working on something, but I'm not willing to talk more about that."

The news follows last month's admission by EA Games Label boss Frank Gibeau that ideas for a sequel to the DICE game are being worked on. At the time, he said he's sure we'll see the IP combined with the Battlefield developer's new Frostbite 2 engine.

In March, Gibeau told CVG that not only is DICE's Mirror's Edge franchise very much still alive - but that EA is "figuring out a way to bring it back".
So there's simultaneously a super secret team of giant robots and a super secret team of technologically enhanced super soldiers, and neither team knows about the other? The governments in these movies must be far more effective than our actual government. Well, damn it, I want some realism and mature adult themes in my giant robot and super soldier movies! - Suprmallet