Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Sega's Rise of Nightmares for the Kinect.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-11, 02:49 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rise of Nightmares from Sega for the Kinect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Pz_g3gTfo

This game looks pretty damn awesome. I will definitely give this game a look in September.
Old 07-22-11, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Sega's Rise of Nightmares for the Kinect.

It looks pretty cool. The only thing that concerns be is that it looks awfully repetative.
Old 07-22-11, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,191 Likes on 4,218 Posts

How being a Kinect-only title helps this game is totally beyond me.

I did like this comment on the You Tube page though:

Originally Posted by some idiot
ill i have to say is kinect beats ps3 vision by far. kinect has the technologie of using your body without the help of a light (PS3). So if your a xbox 360/Kinect fan, Like this!
xKINGxxduckx 6 days ago 17

@AcurateBob only ppl hating are ps3 users
Bigfellr 5 days ago 2
Old 07-22-11, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

It's like they threw House of the Dead and D into a blender and added motion controls.
Old 07-22-11, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
How being a Kinect-only title helps this game is totally beyond me.
Maybe it doesn't help sales-wise, but I would think that the games that use the Kinect (or PS Move, for that matter) best are those that are specifically designed for it.

And if you can't get this game because you don't have a 360 or Kinect, there is certainly no shortage of other zombie killing games to play.
Old 07-22-11, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,191 Likes on 4,218 Posts

Originally Posted by Drexl
Maybe it doesn't help sales-wise, but I would think that the games that use the Kinect (or PS Move, for that matter) best are those that are specifically designed for it.

And if you can't get this game because you don't have a 360 or Kinect, there is certainly no shortage of other zombie killing games to play.
I wasn't talking about potential sales numbers; I was referring to gameplay. Workout games on the Kinect make sense. Dance Central makes sense. Hell, even Fruit Ninja Kinect makes some sense. But unless this game involves clubbing Zombies over the head and shoulders with your forearms, I don't see how playing a House of the Dead-clone on the Kinect would be in any way preferable over playing with a standard 360 controller (or with a Move or Wiimote controller for that matter) -- all the other way seem better than a controller-free control system with no triggers or buttons.

Sometimes I think they're making new Kinect games simply because they sold a lot of hardware units and figure consumers are desperate for something, anything really, to play on it.
Old 07-26-11, 03:27 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks alright. Though, I'd rather play this type of game with a light gun or even a controller.
Old 07-26-11, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I wasn't talking about potential sales numbers; I was referring to gameplay. Workout games on the Kinect make sense. Dance Central makes sense. Hell, even Fruit Ninja Kinect makes some sense. But unless this game involves clubbing Zombies over the head and shoulders with your forearms, I don't see how playing a House of the Dead-clone on the Kinect would be in any way preferable over playing with a standard 360 controller (or with a Move or Wiimote controller for that matter) -- all the other way seem better than a controller-free control system with no triggers or buttons.

Sometimes I think they're making new Kinect games simply because they sold a lot of hardware units and figure consumers are desperate for something, anything really, to play on it.
If it's really just a clone of HOTD, that's different. But if they're doing it only for Kinect, they could really be using it in a way that's not just a gimmick. I'm just saying, wait and see what they're doing with it before writing it off.