Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Dominion: Dinosaurs Versus Aliens (Dir: Sonnenfeld

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-11-11, 12:15 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well....this sounds stupid crazy....but...for some reason...I want to see wtf this looks as whole...I don't like Sonnenfeld...but Morrison (while one can argue is an overrated guy) writing this has got my interest...also...as stupid of a visual that concept art is...it's...kind of cool looking.

Director Barry Sonnenfeld and acclaimed comics writer Grant Morrison (The Invisibles) are teaming up for Dominion: Dinosaurs Versus Aliens. Sonnenfeld will direct and Morrison will write the graphic novel and the screenplay. The story takes place on a secret pre-historic Earth where aliens invade and super-intelligent dinosaurs are the planet’s only hope
Old 05-11-11, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Dominion: Dinosaurs Versus Aliens (Dir: Sonnenfeld

I wonder how they will try to anthropomorphise this, either going for talking dinosaurs or humanoid aliens.

Still waiting for Bio-Engineered Humanoid Talking Raptors with Laser Assault Riffles to appear in Jurassic Park 4.
Old 05-11-11, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by gmanca
Still waiting for Bio-Engineered Humanoid Talking Raptors with Laser Assault Riffles to appear in Jurassic Park 4.
Cast Thomas Jane as the human lead and I'm there.
Old 05-11-11, 07:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this a serious movie? If not, we already got Monsters Vs Aliens. If it is, it sounds stupid.
Old 05-11-11, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

There's a pretty good Star Trek novel about how raptors would be the predominant species on Earth, even travelling in space if the extinction event hadn't occured. And talking too!
Raptors are an alien race and they seeded Earth back in prehistoric times. Raptors from the home planet travel back in time to deflect the asteroid from hitting Earth, changing the time line. The Enterprise goes back in time to stop them.
Old 05-11-11, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

This screams development hell. What studio is going to put serious money into this? Will there be any humans? We need a Shia LaBeouf to draw the audience in.
Old 05-11-11, 10:42 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

They need to put a moratorium on any movie with "vs" in the title. Help us, Obama!
Old 05-11-11, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,189 Likes on 2,057 Posts

If they could mange to to this with zero dialogue, I'm there. English speaking dinosaurs and I have no interest.
Old 05-11-11, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
If they could mange to to this with zero dialogue, I'm there. English speaking dinosaurs and I have no interest.
In some ways I might be interested in it too if it were presented in some kind of "realistic" way. I mean say aliens crash on Earth 100 million years ago and most, if not all of their technology is broken and they have to survive in that environment. If today's humans were able to go back in time, at least we know what dinosaurs are and what to expect, but aliens would have no idea what they just got themselves into. I could see a little green guy tinkering with his ship and then a T-Rex comes up and scares the shit out of him.

I think it sounds stupid that the dinosaurs are super smart. Try to do it realistically and just have these aliens dealing with a completely unknown enviroment. The aliens language could be subtitled.
Old 05-11-11, 11:58 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Yeah, I'd really be game w/ a non speaking Dinosaur element. All in the eyes and the action to tell the story. If someone took it seriously and had like dinosaurs w/ their terrestrial instincts vs. an alien race. At it's most basic form, I guess you can say. Especially w/ how that concept art looks.
Old 05-11-11, 05:25 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by rw2516
The Enterprise goes back in time to stop them.
Wow. How original.
Old 05-11-11, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

So how long before this gets made into a movie?

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tpuhLkh358Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Although given it features intelligent dinos, this movie brings this show to mind instead:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zjhJSD8RU4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-11-11, 11:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I think Denver the Last Dinosaur should be made into a movie first. Cuz he's your friend and a whole lot more.

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Cast Thomas Jane as the human lead and I'm there.
If that's what it takes, so be it, I just want that thing made.

rw2516, what's the name of the Star Trek novel, I'd love to see what Memory Alpha has on it. TIA!
Old 05-12-11, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

rw2516, what's the name of the Star Trek novel, I'd love to see what Memory Alpha has on it. TIA!
Been years, don't really remember. Published in the late '90s. Believe it had "Frontier" in the title. First Frontier?
Old 05-12-11, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think this would be better suited as an animated film. Of course, I'd watch a movie full of dinosaurs kicking alien ass, but I don't trust Sonnenfeld to make what my mind has already conjured up.