Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

UPCOMING RE-RELEASES LIST (rumored and confirmed)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

UPCOMING RE-RELEASES LIST (rumored and confirmed)

Old 03-11-01, 07:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a list of DVD's that have been released on dvd before and are confirmed or rumored to get a RE-release.

The list is based on information gathered from the internet and I have NO connections to the studios. There is a possibility that some of the titles might not get a re-release since the list contains also rumors.

Pretty much all of the bold titles are certain (some are on the fence). Some of the "confirmations" are from a while ago and studios tend to change their minds. Anyway, don't blame me if some of these don't get re-released.

<hr>

101 Dalmatians [Animated] (2009, SE)

2001: A Space Odyssey (2006, SE)

Adaptation (SE)
SE creator has mentioned this but no information from Columbia.

Absence Of Malice, The (SE)

Abyss, The (16:9, DC, TC, 2D)
HTF chat with Fox’s Peter Staddon: “As far as the Abyss is concerned, I'm actually looking to see what it would take to justify an anamorphic re release as that would make the double disc set perfect in my opinion. If it can be done, we will do it in 2004.”

African Queen, The (SE)

Alexander (4-hour cut)
Oliver Stone: "I'm doing a third version on DVD, not theatrical. I'm going to do a Cecile B Demille/Oliver Stone three hour forty five minute thing. I'm going to go all out, put everything I like in the movie. He was a complicated man, it was a complicated story and it doesn't hurt to make it longer and let people who loved the film see it more and understand it more."

Alias: The Complete Series (29D) (11/21/06)

Amityville Horror, The (SE, 2 x DOC, 2D?)

R2 coming, R1 should follow. Or has this been already made available in the Amityville Collection?

Arthur (SE, RM, OAR, 2006)

Beastmaster, The (SE)

Beetlejuice (SE)
From HTF chat with Warner in early 2006: "An obvious one everyone wants. We're hoping to get a commentary from Mr. Burton to make this a reality."

Big

Blade Runner: The Final Cut (SE, TC, DC, a new DC, 3D?) (2007)

Bottle Rocket (SE, Criterion)
No news from Criterion but I think Wes Anderson has mentioned on some occasion that Criterion would be doing a special edition. From someone called Eric Berger: “Take this for what it's worth... Spoke recently with a friend of mine who has no reason to make things up. Anyway, he was in first class from Austin to LAX a few weeks ago sitting behind Luke Wilson and Wes Anderson. He asked what they were up to, and they said they were going to work on the Criterion version of Bottle Rocket.” But some reports indicate that Columbia has not licenced nor will licence this title to Criterion.

Braindead [aka Dead Alive] (Long version)

Bram Stoker’s Dracula (SE) (2006)

Braveheart (SE)

Bridges of Madison County, The
From HTF chat with Warner in early 2006: "We know it's long overdue that BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY gets the 16x9 treatment. Probably early next year."

Bugsy (SE, EC, DOC, 2D) (12/12/06)

C. S. I.: Season 1 (SE)

Caddyshack (SE)
From HTF chat with Warner in early 2006: "We hope to re-visit CADDYSHACK soon."

Candidate, The (OAR)

Chasing Amy (SE) (2007)

Chronicles of Narnia, The: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (SE, EC, COM, DOC, 4D) (12/12/06)

City Of The Living Dead

Cleopatra (DC)

Clockwork Orange A (2D, SE) (2006)

Cocktail (SE) (2006)

Cujo (SE) (2006)

Dances With Wolves (EC, COM, 1D, 16:9, DD)
Sony has cancelled this title. Might have something to do with Fox taking over the Region 1 distribution of MGM titles, so it's possible this title could return at a later date.

Dark City (DC, Com [Ebert])

Blue Underground is supposedly going to re-release this when Anchor Bay’s rights expire.

Deliverance (RM, SE, COM [Boorman])

Demons (16:9)
Blue Underground is supposedly going to re-release this when Anchor Bay’s rights expire.

Demons 2 (16:9)

The Devil’s Rejects (DC)

Diamonds Are Forever (2006?, RM, DD, SE)
All Bond films will be re-released with remastered picture and sound. New documentaries will be added to the discs with exclusive interviews with cast and crew members from the past 42 years, along with rare and unseen footage from the productions.

Die Another Day (2006?, RM?, DD, SE)
All Bond films will be re-released with remastered picture and sound. New documentaries will be added to the discs with exclusive interviews with cast and crew members from the past 42 years, along with rare and unseen footage from the productions.

Dick Tracy (SE, DTS)
The first release was supposed to be a Vista Series dvd but it never materialized.

Dirty Dancing: 20th Anniversary Edition (2007)

Dr. No (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Duck You Sucker (RM, SE)

East Of Eden (SE, 2D)

Excalibur (RM)
From HTF chat with Warner in early 2006: "... Excalibur... need to be improved in quality. We'll be looking into all of them."

Exorcist III, The (DC)
Long-time CaptainHowdy.com supporter Greg Mielcarz from Morgan Creek has dropped an exclusive bombshell on the Exorcist Fan Forums! After ready through our forum and seeing how eager Exorcist fans were for a Legion v2 DVD feature Blatty's original cut, Greg shot Mr. Blatty an email. Two hours later Greg got a call from an enthusiastic Blatty: "YESS!" Footage will be dug up, restored and die-hard Exorcist fans will get to see Legion how Blatty intended. The Director's Cut Legion DVD IS HAPPENING, it would seem!

Evil Dead, The (SE) (2006)

Eyes Wide Shut (2D, SE, UR?, 1.77:1) (2006)

Face/Off (SE)

Faculty, The (SE)
Mentioned by the studio on some occasion. Don’t hold your breath for this one.

Fantastic Four (Extended version)

Fish Called Wanda, A (SE, 2D, 16:9, DD, COM [Cleese], multiple DOC)
Sony has cancelled this title. Might have something to do with Fox taking over the Region 1 distribution of MGM titles, so it's possible this title could return at a later date.

Fistful Of Dollars, A (RM, SE, Extended, COM, DOC)

For Your Eyes Only (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Friday The 13th movies (SE, UR)
Martin Blythe spoke to Fangoria about how finding footage is an on-going search and how this could lead to single disc special editions. "This is not about gouging the fans with repeated releases, its about providing as good a set as we are physically able to do at this time. If there is enough interest from the fan base and it sells well, we would always entertain another look down the road. If the set is successful, it could lead to single disc special editions down the road, possibly with unrated gore put back into the films."

From Russia With Love (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

For A Few Dollars More (RM, SE, Extended?, 2D, COM, DOC)

Funny Farm (OAR) (2007?)
From HTF chat with Warner in early 2006: "We know you guys want FUNNY FARM... in OAR, so that may happen next year."

Game, The (SE)
A Criterion SE was rumored but then denied. One can always hope.

Gangs Of New York (DC, SE)
There has been some talk that Miramax is double dipping with this one. One of the comments comes from Miramax, but that was way before the current dvd. Take this with more than a grain of salt. “...future DVD versions may include deleted footage from Scorsese's initial three-hour-plus cut. "Gangs of New York will have a very long life in the DVD marketplace," he says. "We'll take a few bites on this one."”

Garden State (SE, 2D)
From Zach-Braff.com: “Sources within Fox Searchlight tell us that the planned release date for the Garden State DVD will be November 16th. However we must point out that this is just a target release date and no official date has been set in stone as of yet. The work on the DVD is being done now. It will be a 1 disc release but look for a lot of extra. Outtakes, Deleted scenes, two commentary tracks and more. There was about an hour cut from the movie before it's release. Will we see all the deleted scenes? We hope by Zach said during a Q&A in Atlanta "I have a lot I wanted to put on a DVD but we couldn't get it all on one disc." I am sure fans wouldn't mind a two disc Special Edition release. There no plans at this time for one but we have feeling that if the first DVD does well and people demand it, it will get done. Just may take time.”

Gods & Generals (6 hour version) (12/--/06?)

GoldenEye (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Goldfinger (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Green Mile, The (SE, 2D, COM, DOC, 16:9, DD) (11/14/2006)

Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone (SE, COM [Columbus], 2D)
Update from HTF chat with Warner in early 2006: "No plans for alternate POTTER versions, sorry." Old news: Columbus has said that a more mature dvd release would be made but Warner denied this in HTF chat on March 9 2004.

Hellbound: Hellraiser II (THX, DD)
This has been on the list for quite some time. Has this been released already?

Hills Have Eyes, The [Craven] (DC)

Home Alone (SE, COM, DOC, 16:9, DD) (11/21/06)
HTF chat with Fox’s Peter Staddon: “Home Alone got delayed by a year because of the Home Alone 4 release, so look for it this Christmas.

House Of A 1000 Corpses (Unrated)
Rob Zombie said the following around June 2005: “feel that the release is the director's cut, since you sat for so long cutting it. The 'non-MPAA cut' is what people are asking for. We may do one someday, because I believe I'm contractually obligated for it, so someone will probably make me do it. Going back and having to re-edit that movie seems like a nightmare to me. I wish I'd done it at the time. I'm doing all that for Rejects, because going back and recutting House of 1000 Corpses would be like taking your high school yearbook photo again because you think you might look cooler now. I'm sure, at some point, I'll return to it”. “He [Rob Zombie] said in the future he wants to add the excised scenes back into the movie. He didn't want to release it with the cut scenes as extras on the DVD. He said it would involve having to re-score the soundtrack and edit the sound effects. He just didn't have the time because he's started working on the sequel. It was choice between one or the other and he chose to work on the sequel.” I guess this means that it is coming.

Hudson Hawk (SE, 16:9)

In The Line Of Fire (Superbit, DTS)

Kevin Smith via NewsAskew: ”Being that Miramax is rushing it, we didn't have time to re-assemble the longer cut and clear the music rights for the cut material. So there will be two "Jersey Girl" releases. The first release is the theatrical cut, with extras that include one or two commentary tracks (we're not sure yet), some behind-the-scenes shorts (which you probably saw on Starz or Bravo). The next release (probably a year or so down the road) will be the first cut of the movie, with more Ollie/Gertrude background and whatnot, as well as all the music that we cut out or replaced. Don't know what kind of extras will be on it just yet, but we'll try to pack it, as per usual."

James Bond Ultimate Edition: Volume 1 (11/7/06)
Goldfinger, The World Is Not Enough, Diamonds Are Forever, The Man With The Golden Gun, The Living Daylights
James Bond Ultimate Edition: Volume 2 (11/7/06)
Thunderball, Die Another Day, The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, License To Kill

James Bond Ultimate Edition: Volume 3 (12/12/06)
From Russia With Love, For Your Eyes Only, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Live And Let Die, Goldeneye

James Bond Ultimate Edition: Volume 4 (12/12/06)
Dr. No, You Only Live Twice, Moonraker, Octopussy, Tomorrow Never Dies

Journey To The Center Of The Earth (SE)

Jungle Book, The (SE) (2010?)

Kill Bill Volume 1 And 2 (NC-17?) (2006?)
There may be up to 6 editions of Kill Bill vol. 1 and 2. ”Tarantino has some major plans for his latest opus, Kill Bill. While promoting the second volume of the series, opening theatrically on April 16th, Tarantino revealed that he plans to recut both films together for a special theatrical release later in the year. "We did a special version [of Volume 1] for Japan that's only been shown in Japan and Hong Kong, and I kept the rights to that," Tarantino said. "I'll put the Japanese version together [with Volume 2] like I would if it was one complete movie, and then I'll release that throughout America and Europe in arthouse engagements." Tarantino also promises more extensive DVD plans for the revenge films. "I'm going to do a special collector's edition of both of them once I'm finished with both of them," he said. Also in the talking phase, Tarantino is considering the possibility of releasing stand-alone supplemental discs. "One of the things that I saw that I liked... was what the American Pie guys did with their 'Beneath the Crust' documentaries. I want to do the same thing [for Kill Bill]." Thanks to Tom for the scoop.”.

King Kong (Peter Jackson) (SE, EC, COM, DOC, DD, 3D) (11/14/06)

L. A. Confidential (2D, SE) (2007)

Last Action Hero (SE)

Last Emperor, The (RM)
Artisan's president, says a new version of "The Last Emperor," mastered from Bertolucci's personal print, will come out next year?

Last Seduction, The (SE, DC, 2D?)
Out in R2.

Lawrence Of Arabia (SE, DOC, isolated score, 2D or more)
This was mentioned when the first dvd came out. Nothing new has surfaced since.

Liar, Liar (COM [Shadyac])
Out in R2.

Licence To Kill (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Lilo & Stitch (SE)

Little Shop Of Horrors
From HTF chat with Warner in early 2006: "We must revisit Little Shop. No plans yet, but we want to re do it, re do it right."

Live And Let Die (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Living Daylights, The (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Logan’s Run (SE, 2D)

Man With The Golden Gun, The (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Maniac Cop (SE, COM, DOC, 16X9, DD) (11/14/06)

Mars Attacks! (SE)

Matewan (COM [Sayles])
Sayles has reportedly recorded a commentary.

Misery (SE, COM [Reiner], COM [Goldman] DOC)
Out in R4 and R2.

Moonraker (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Mrs. Doubtfire
HTF chat with Fox’s Peter Staddon: “Mrs. Doubtfire should be out sometime this year, it's finished and we just have some obstacles to overcome at the studio.”

Nightbreed (DC, RM)
Barker wants to do (or has already done?) a DC, but Warner said in HTF chat on March 9 2004 that there are no plans to re-release.

Ocean’s Twelve

Octopussy (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Omen, The: The Complete Collection (6D, original Omen is the new SE) (11/17/06)

On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Outland (RM)
From HTF chat with Warner in early 2006: "... Outland need to be improved in quality. We'll be looking into all of them."

Passion Of The Christ, The (SE, 2D, 16:9, DD) (2/6/2007)

Peter Pan [Disney] (SE, DOC, DD) (3/6/07)

Phenomena (16:9)

Pinocchio [Animated] (SE)

Police Story (SE, 2D, COM, DOC, 16:9, DD) (12/19/06)

Poltergeist (2D, SE) (2007)
Warner HTF chat, March 29 2005: 25th anniversary release planned.

Poseidon (TC, EC, COM, HD only?)

Private Benjamin (OAR)
From HTF chat with Warner in early 2006: "Private Benjamin OAR release might be a possibility."

Punisher, The [Hensleigh] (DC, COM, 16:9, DD) (11/21/2006)

Raising Arizona
HTF chat with Fox’s Peter Staddon: “No plans for a Raising Arizona SE.”

Return Of The Living Dead (SE, RM, DC, COM [O’Bannon, Stout])
O’Bannon wants to do this. Probably not enough interest to make it profitable. At one point MGM said that if the bare-bones release sells enough, a SE could be considered.

Risky Business (SE) (2008)

Road Warrior, The (aka Mad Max 2) (SE, 2D)

Robots (DC)

Rocky 30th Anniversary Box (Rocky I-V and Rocky Balboa) (02/19/07)

Rocky (SE, 2 COM, DOC, 16:9, DD, 2D) (12/5/06)

Rocky Anthology (Rocky I-V) (12/5/06)

Rocky Horror Picture Show (SE)

Rollerball [Norman Jewison] (16:9, COM [Jewison], COM [Harrison], DOC)
Out in R2.

Rules Of Attraction, The (SE, DD, Unrated, truck-load of commentaries)
The first release was supposed to have both cuts and commentaries from Avary, Van Der Beek and Ellis (which have been recorded) but for some reasons it never materialized. From Roger Avary: “...I'd say that it was a roaring success, and I'm going to have a meeting this week with Peter Block of LGE to attempt to talk them into a special edition with the unrated version of the film. But that would cost money, and I'm not sure if they're willing to do it -- but I hope so. As for the audio commentary...I do feel it demystifies the movie a bit, and have my aprehensions. If there's a special edition I'll have to spend a week recording and editing a commentary to ensure that 1.) I don't come across as a pompous ass, and 2.) it doesn't destroy the experience of watching the movie...just enhances it.”

Scrooged (SE)

Shampoo

Shining, The (2D, SE) (2006)

Singles (SE)
From HTF chat with Warner in early 2006: "No SE planned of Singles... at this time."

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (SE)

Spider-Man 2 (SE, DC?)
Sam Raimi said Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment is planning an extended cut of Spider-Man 2, to be called Spider-Man 2.5 and to be released on DVD long after the theatrical cut of Spider-Man 2 streets. During a press conference, Raimi said he is happy with the theatrical cut, which he estimates was only trimmed by five minutes

Spies Like Us (OAR, 2007?)
From HTF chat with Warner in early 2006: "We know you guys want... SPIES LIKE US in OAR, so that may happen next year."

Spy Kids
”With the upcoming double-disc Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over arriving from Buena Vista Home Entertainment on February 24th, director Robert Rodriguez has just revealed that a new special edition of the original Spy Kids should be released by the end of summer. There's no word yet whether this will feature the slightly longer version of the film that was re-released a few months after its initial theatrical debut. As far as extras, look for a commentary track and a confirmed "Film School 101 For Kids" featurette, among other things.”

Spy Who Loved Me, The (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Stagecoach (SE)

Star Is Born, A (SE, 2D)

Star Wars (6-movie anniversary DVD box) (2007)
From The Digital Bits rumor mill: "2007, as you may well be aware, is the 30th anniversary of the original Star Wars' debut in theaters. You'd have to be stupid not to know that Lucasfilm is going to have big DVD release plans with which to celebrate the anniversary, and we've been telling you that was the case for many months now. Indeed, during our last visit to the Ranch for the DVD release of Episode III, producer Rick McCallum confirmed that a box set of all six films was going to happen eventually, and animation director Rob Coleman even let it slip that the puppet Yoda from Episode I had already been replaced with a new CG Yoda to match Episodes II & III for the "future" release. T-Bone over at Star Wars Universe recently speculated about this box set, and we've been quietly checking in with our industry sources on it as well. Well, we've confirmed it: There IS a big, ultimate, 6-film Star Wars anniversary DVD box set planned for 2007. There will be more changes to the films, and there will be LOTS of new, never-before-seen special features - all the good stuff that was held back by Lucasfilm from the original Trilogy DVD release a few years ago. Think deleted scenes and more. We don't know if good, genuinely-REMASTERED versions of the original theatrical editions of the films will be included or not (though how you could call the set "ultimate" without them, we don't know). We don't expect high-definition versions yet, as those formats are just too new."

Starman (SE, COM [Carpenter, Bridges])
Out in R2. Why no R1? Columbia says it won’t make money.

Strange Days (SE, 16:9, DTS)

Strangers On A Train (SE)

Supergirl (SE, COM,) (11/28/06)

Superman Collection, The Christopher Reeve (Superman I-IV, not the Donner cut of Superman II, 8D) (11/28/06)

Superman: The Movie (SE, EC, TC, COM, DOC, 4D) (11/28/06)

Superman II: The Donner Cut (SE, DC, COM, DOC) (11/28/06)

Superman II (SE, COM, DOC, DD) (11/28/06)

Superman III (SE, COM, DOC) (11/28/06)

Superman IV (SE, COM) (11/28/06)

Tenebre (16:9)

Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines (SE)
”Empire Online talked to director Mostow who says there will be a series of progressively more impressive DVD releases before a final Ultimate Edition. "To make it a truly first-class DVD, with the levels of complexity that are on the T2 Ultimate Edition, takes a long time. You can't get it ready in the few months we have before [the first DVD release] has to be done." Mostow has really put the effort in, drafting key members of the T3 production to talk about elements of production not usually touched upon, "really specific, cool, nuts and bolts stuff." The director is also squeezing in a number of interesting featurettes explaining why, among other things, all the Terminators look and sound like a certain Austrian bodybuilder.”

Three Kings (SE)
From HTF chat with Warner in early 2006: "No SE planned of... Three Kings at this time."

Thunderball (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Thunderheart (COM [Apted])

Tomorrow Never Dies (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Tootsie (SE)
This was listed on the eFilmCritic website. Could be bogus.

Total Recall (Extreme Edition)
”The studio, which released a Terminator 2 "Extreme Edition" that included a high-definition version of the 1991 film now plans a similar release and promotion for Total Recall. "With a title like Total Recall, how could we not?" says Artisan's Jeff Fink.”

Toxic Avenger, The Complete (SE, UR DC, four movies, cartoon series, 6D) (2006)

Transformers: The Movie (SE, COM, DOC, 16:9, 2D) (11/7/06)

True Lies (16:9, SE, DTS, 2D)
HTF chat with Fox’s Peter Staddon: “True Lies is dependent on getting a number of very busy people together to work on it. I don't know if a sitting Governor has done a commentary track before, and Jim Cameron has a truly crazy schedule. I'd love to bring it out in 2004 but I'm not too hopeful. ”

Ultimate Flint Collection, The [Robin Hardy] (3D, COM, 16:9) (11/7/06)

Ultimate Versus (DC, SE)

Usual Suspects, The (SE, 2D, COM, DOC, 16:9, DD) (11/28/06)

Vanilla Sky (SE, COM [Crowe, Wilson], DOC)
From CameronCroweOnline: "…The other featurette "Hitting It Hard" is a 9 1/2 minute look at Cameron's world wide press tour (with Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz). The big news here is that they are also working on a longer version of this (60 - 90 minutes) which should hopefully see a release in a year or so. There was a very short window for the gang to cull everything they wanted for the DVD and it just couldn't happen. With a May 21st release, they really only had a few months to get it ready, so we can look forward to a separate DVD release of additional things (such as the longer "Hitting It Hard", deleted scenes, etc.) ala The Matrix Revisited or possibly in a Super Duper 2 Disc Special Edition (like the Untitled DVD)."

View To A Kill, A (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

West Wing, The: The Complete Series Collection (45D) (11/7/06)

Wicker Man, The [Robin Hardy] (SE, 2D, TC, EC, COM, 16:9, DD) (12/19/06)

Working Girl (SE)
Current version discontinued. Re-release is most likely on it’s way.

World Is Not Enough, The (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

X-Men 2.5 (SE)

Year Of Living Dangerously, The (RM)
From HTF chat with Warner in early 2006: "Year Of Living Dangerously... need to be improved in quality. We'll be looking into all of them."

You Only Live Twice (2006?, RM, DD, SE)

Zatoichi 1: The Tale Of Zatochi (16:9)
In Zatoichi Box Set only?

Zatoichi 2: The Tale Of Zatochi Continues (16:9)
In Zatoichi Box Set only?

Zombie (16:9, DD, SE, 2D)
This is the Blue Underground version that is supposedly coming out in two years or so. Media Blasters currently holds the rights to the special edition (for two years) and then the rights will divert to Blue Underground. It is unknown whether the Blue Underground SE will contain new special features.

<hr>

- Red = New title.
- Blue = Details modified.

- Bold = "Confirmed" title. Not necessarily announced by the studio.
- Normal = Rumored Title. Mentioned in some occasion. Might get releases but then again, might not.

- SE = Special edition.
- TC = Theatrical cut.
- DC = Director’s cut.
- EC = Extended cut (more footage, but not a director's cut).
- 2D = Two Discs. 3D is three discs, etc.

- 16:9 = Anamorphic (remastered). Previously non-anamorphic widescreen or full frame.
- RM = New transfer. New release has the same aspect ratio as the previous one.
- DD = New Dolby Digital 5.1 mix. Previous release mono, Dolby Surround or DD5.1. May also include original mix.
- DTS = Both Dolby Digital and DTS sounds. May also include original mix.

- COM = Commentary.
- NO COM = Commentary/commentaries from previous release not included.
- DOC = Documentary. Length 30 mins or more.

- NOT ALL FEATURES ARE LISTED.
- DETAILS MIGHT NOT BE 100% ACCURATE.

- The list was originally started by Mikko Rasinkangas, who maintained the list from From 11 March 2001 until 31 October 2005. During that time, the list had 269,670 views.

Last edited by Legolas; 11-08-06 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-12-01, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From the http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

According to http://www.Comics2Film.com :"The Tim Burton original, Batman, will contain lots of extras, like additional scenes, deleted scenes, trailers, commentary, storyboards, cast info and so on. The other movies in the series may also be re-released, but with fewer extras. Harvey speculates that Batman Forever may contain deleted footage as there was an estimated one hours worth cut from the movie."

I can't wait for these! I've came close to buying the old ones.
Old 03-14-01, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
What's supposed to be new about the Commitments reissue? Anamorphic widescreen? I own the current release, which appears to be open matte.
Old 03-14-01, 02:31 PM

Dances with Wolves

I hope this is the 4 1/5 hour version. I have it on LaserDisc, That is the only movie preventing me from ditching the LD player.
Old 04-30-01, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Goshdarnit, I’m sure I saw mention of a domestic release of the Tai Seng/Mega Star camp classics Zu: Warriors from the Magic Mountain and Naked Killer but I can’t remember where it was. Anyone able to confirm?

Also, anyone heard rumours of Fox re-doing the highly underrated Strange Days?
Old 05-08-01, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The WILD BUNCH re-release will only be RSDL-improved (dual-layered instead of flipper), but not 16x9-enhanced?
Old 05-08-01, 03:33 PM

Acording to thedigitalbits you can add Ridley Scots 1492 for later this year!!!
Paramount is working on a dvd.
Also the animated version of the Lord of the rings is comming later this year from Warner.
Old 05-09-01, 01:33 PM

Has anybody heard anything about "Misery"?
Old 05-31-01, 08:12 PM

Anyone know what the deal is with the new editions of The Killer and Hard Boiled? I haven't heard a thing about them until now. Which studio is releasing them?
Old 07-12-01, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does the list encompass any possible Criterion remakes? (i.e. is there any way of knowing what Criterion has it eyes on next?)
Old 07-28-01, 10:02 AM

Iron Giant SE is in production, Trainspotting is not going to be released by Criterion so a re-release is getting more unlikely, Spy Kids is also getting a second release in 2002 as a director’s cut special edition. John Woo wants to release a director’s cut of Face/Off with original ending.

Last edited by Mikko Rasinkangas; 06-06-02 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-03-01, 10:12 AM
tyg

Any word on the re-release of 'The Great Escape'?
Old 08-04-01, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

According to Anchor Bay's web site, Django and Django Strikes Again are coming out in late 2001. At this time, The Evil Dead is listed for "early/mid 2002".
Old 08-05-01, 06:24 AM

Posted by Mikko Rasinkangas from Tyler_Durden's computer.

Jerry Maguire is coming in 2002. J M Kenny is doing the SE.

Added Lawrence Of Arabia.

Some details corrected.

Does anyone know anything of the following (I just know that they were in some occasion mentioned as a possible candidates for a re-release): Absence Of Malice, Crimes Of Passion, Dirty Harry Collection, Hard Days Night, Sleuth, Zombie. Since I’d like to know if they are on this list for nothing.

Have they already released the corrected DTS versions of the Jurassic Park movies?

Removed: Fly Away Home (Release 08/07).

Last edited by Tyler_Durden; 08-05-01 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-05-01, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whats the deal with The Fly? is this the 80s version?

Same goes for Lawrence of Arabia.

Thanks.

Shawn
Old 08-05-01, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Exactly which "Black Rain" are you talking about? The Michael Doglas film, or the Shohei Imamura film? Of course, the latter is what interests me most.
Old 08-06-01, 09:00 AM

Black Rain is the Michael Douglas film and there is a possibility for a special edition.

The Fly is the Cronenberg film and there was some talk about a possible re-release in the latest online chat with Fox rep Peter Staddon.

Arabian Lawrence was released just a while back and when it was released DVD File reported that it might get a re-released as an anniversary edition or something. They wanted to include Maurice Jarre's isolated score but for some reason it was dropped.

Last edited by Mikko Rasinkangas; 06-06-02 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-10-01, 01:03 AM
Cool New Member

Is Run Lola Run being re-released with different material? Amazon has it on pre-order status. And if I'm not mistaken, which I could be, the MSRP has risen as well.
Old 10-14-01, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For those like JaseXF3, who are concerned about the cost of replacing DVDs in their collections, I'd like to suggest that you sell your current editions as soon as the new release is announced. That way you can get a decent price for the old one and lower the cost of the new one.

I'd like to see a new release of "Chariots of Fire", one of the few P&S titles I have left, but there doesn't seem to be one in the works that I can find.
Old 11-04-01, 06:31 PM

Anybody got an update on release dates for following movies:
Scarface
Dog Day Afternoon
Goodfellas
Blade Runner

TIA
Old 11-13-01, 11:20 AM

I don't think Trainspotting is even tentatively scheduled for re-release at the moment... unfortunately Criterion doesn't have the rights.
Old 11-29-01, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is there any word on Pretty Woman? Both dvd releases thus far (98 widescreen and 00 10th aniversary edition) have "bonus" footage added in, and I hate the bonus footage. There's no option to show the theatrical release on either disc. On the 98 release it's called "director's cut" and on the 00 version it's called "selected B Roll" film - both are horrid imo. So I'm hoping against hope that one of my favorite movies of all time will get a third proper release and allow the viewer to choose to watch the theatrical release in widescreen.

Otherwise I'll be forced to (gasp) re-purchase the vhs just so I can watch it without the extra "hooker" stuff. And in doing so suffer through pan and scan h*ll. I can't believe I bought this in vhs years ago, then twice in dvd form trying to get the "real" version. I'm pi$$ed.
Old 11-30-01, 01:50 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by CitizenKaneRBud
Bunch of rumors:

Casino
Ronin
As Good As it Gets
Bottle Rocket
The Truman Show

none confirmed though!
I know a studio executive who said they will probably go into pre-production in '02
Old 11-30-01, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,432 Likes on 913 Posts
Juliette of the Springs?
Old 12-03-01, 04:54 AM

Any news on a re-issues Parenthood, at least w/s??

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.