Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Item under review at Amazon

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-19-10, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Item under review" has become the latest thorn in my side with Amazon. I think it's great they want to get their listings right and stuff, but several times this week I've had things in my cart pulled due to this. Today, I put Vampire Circus in my cart (a xmas gift to myself) and look around for an extra item or two. Half hour goes by and I make my choices and Vampire Circus has been pulled. What could people possibly be confused about this product to complain in mass?
Old 12-19-10, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Item under review at Amazon

I imagine it has nothing to do with people being confused, and more likely there's a problem with the disc (like maybe it's mastered incorrectly or something along those lines) so Amazon stopped selling it.
Old 12-20-10, 06:42 AM

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

From the AV Maniacs website forums

Originally Posted by Anthony G
Don, do you know why the Vampire Circus blu-ray is under review by Amazon? went to order a couple copies for Christmas gifts and was not able to. I'm sure with the hot streak this is on sales wise, this is fucking that momentum up.

Don May Jr:
AMAZON has been alerted of the issue. Seems it might be some folks starting trouble by telling AMAZON lies about the release so they pull it. In any case, they are aware of this now and I have a conference call set up with a distributor rep tomorrow there to get to the bottom of it. It will be fixed shortly. Not a big deal...it's happened to us before.
Old 12-20-10, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
From the AV Maniacs website forums

Originally Posted by Anthony G
Don, do you know why the Vampire Circus blu-ray is under review by Amazon? went to order a couple copies for Christmas gifts and was not able to. I'm sure with the hot streak this is on sales wise, this is fucking that momentum up.

Don May Jr:
AMAZON has been alerted of the issue. Seems it might be some folks starting trouble by telling AMAZON lies about the release so they pull it. In any case, they are aware of this now and I have a conference call set up with a distributor rep tomorrow there to get to the bottom of it. It will be fixed shortly. Not a big deal...it's happened to us before.
And it is up again! Of course, it's no longer a Quick Pick for me. Still, glad to see it available. A tad too late for xmas but it will make a happy new year.
Old 12-20-10, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this for the first time a couple days ago with the Prince of Persia Blu-ray and wondered what it was.
Old 12-21-10, 02:45 PM

My goodness. Now Modern Times (The Criterion Collection) bluray is under review. Luckilly I got one last week but I considering it as a gift for someone else. Crazy. Did people complain that it had no sound?
Old 12-21-10, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Apparently Amazon has given its customer service people wide latitude to pull an item if a customer reports something is wrong with their copy. Obviously this catches a few true bad items in the supply chain, but more often than not just prevents merchandise from being sold.