Reload this Page >

Wal marts Official black friday ad

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 11-17-10, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure why when i posted yesterday that wal mart official gave permision to the bf ad sites that they could post their black friday sales and i listed some of the bluray specials and players they had advertised the thread disapeared.(yet when i also posted the same info latter on the walmart bargins page its still there)
But anyways walmart has it posted on their official face book page now as well.

http://www.facebook.com/walmart?v=app_144335998946080

some of the highlights include
over 60 bluray titles availble for only 5 dollars

over 30 bluray titles availble for only 10 dollars

they also have 3 bluray players at decent prices
a maganvox bluray player with wifi 69.00
a Lg bluray player for 98.00
a samsung player with wifi for 138.000
a phillips Bluray home theatre in a box for 198.00

And lots of great deals on Hd tv sets.

The blurays go on sale at 12:01 am while most of the electronics start at 5am
Old 11-17-10, 12:54 AM

Re: Wal marts Official black friday ad

I'm pretty excited about those cheap blu-rays. I wonder what time they will start allowing price matching of competitors ads?
Old 11-17-10, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know the only thing that sucks is the closest walmart to me in L.A. is in not the best part of the city(crenshaw/MLK blvd) and I am normally someone who will camp out for starting thanksgiving morning to ensure being the first person in line. Wont be doing that at that walmart though. Its the part of town where you could picture a gang going down the line holding the early people in line up for their money. So I might try to see about online this year.
Old 11-17-10, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So they will have their shippers open at midnight? I am only going for the blu/dvd deals so that would be the time for me to go.
Old 11-17-10, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am going away for Thanksgiving so no sale for me except online. haha
Old 11-17-10, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The movies are going on sale at 12:01??

That is a smart move
Old 11-17-10, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm only going to Wal-Mart to pick up a few of the blu-rays so 12:01 is good for me. Hopefully I can avoid most of the crowd.

The question is, will the registers be open at 12:01? Or will it be 5 like I think it was last year?
Old 11-17-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well this gives Amazon time to pricematch. I ain't going out on Black Friday (or anytime after Thanksgiving for that matter) I don't care how cheap the DVDs are!

Let's go Amazon!

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-17-10, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lateralus
Well this gives Amazon time to pricematch. I ain't going out on Black Friday (or anytime after Thanksgiving for that matter) I don't care how cheap the DVDs are!

Let's go Amazon!

Thanks for the heads up!

I would love to stay at home and hope the items get pricematched. However.. how is Amazon going to price match the 60 titles for 5$ when only a handful are pictured?

I am still not sure why the blu/dvd shippers will be open at 12:01.. the ad pretty much states deals good from 5a-11a.. ???
Old 11-17-10, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
I would love to stay at home and hope the items get pricematched. However.. how is Amazon going to price match the 60 titles for 5$ when only a handful are pictured?
Last year, Amazon just did lightning deals for any that were pictured.
So you'd have to go to Wal-Mart to get any that aren't shown.
Old 11-17-10, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Man, If Amazon matches I'd be thrilled. Of course, I probably have 50 of the movies.
Old 11-17-10, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Shit, I may make the trek to Walmart for the cheap DVD/Blus. Lots of stuff I want!
Old 11-18-10, 12:46 AM

Will Walmart have these online? Does anyone know of any nice (in terms of a good Blu selection) Walmart stores about 100 miles north of the CA border in Oregon (close to Canyonville)?

Last edited by thursdaynighter; 11-18-10 at 01:13 AM.
Old 11-18-10, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by adrenaline78

I am still not sure why the blu/dvd shippers will be open at 12:01.. the ad pretty much states deals good from 5a-11a.. ???
The ad states that items on the page where the movies and videogames are on
are from 12:01am till all day friday. Its pretty big bold letters at the top of page 9
kind of hard to miss.
Old 11-18-10, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
The ad states that items on the page where the movies and videogames are on
are from 12:01am till all day friday. Its pretty big bold letters at the top of page 9
kind of hard to miss.
Thanks.. and I did miss it!

Edit.. the scan I was looking at had the top of the page cut off. That is why I missed it! lol. Thanks again!
Old 11-18-10, 07:56 AM

From another thread...
Originally Posted by Doctor Gonzo
As for the doorbusters. There will be numbered balloons with associates near them throughout the store where each doorbuster is being passed out. Look for "Line-up here" type signs for those items. Each item corresponds with a specific inventory number/wristband. At 5am those in line with the wristbands will receive the item they hae a wristband for.
Am I reading this right that after midnight you can walk around and collect numbered balloons for the 5am doorbusters from employees stationed at each doorbuster, go home, and come back at 5am to collect/pay for your items?

That seems a little hard to believe because (1) it would require a lot of extra employees to be guarding every doorbuster item (normally they are just wrapped up with a security guard standing within "eyeshot" of several wrapped displays) and (2) those who come at 5am might find they end up with nothing if all of the balloons have been passed out after midnight.

Given that I'm mainly looking for movies and games, I'll definitely be there at midnight to get that stuff out of the way. The real question is this... will everyone else be there at midnight too (meaning all this will accomplish is shift the mad rush earlier by 5 hours) or will this make things calmer?
Old 11-18-10, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manzana
From another thread...

Am I reading this right that after midnight you can walk around and collect numbered balloons for the 5am doorbusters from employees stationed at each doorbuster, go home, and come back at 5am to collect/pay for your items?
LOL, no, they aren't handing out balloons. You LOOK for the balloons, but are given a wristband... Otherwise many people's doorbusters would float away or pop...
Old 11-18-10, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
LOL, no, they aren't handing out balloons. You LOOK for the balloons, but are given a wristband... Otherwise many people's doorbusters would float away or pop...
I hope my wrist is big enough to fit all those wristbands. My main question remains (hopefully someone will know the answer): am I correct that people can collect these wristbands at midnight for all the 5 AM doorbusters that will guarantee them to be able to pick up 1 of each item starting at 5 AM?

If that's the case, then either everyone is going to come at midnight or people who show up at 5 AM like most years are going to be pretty upset when they find out all of the wristbands were gone by 12:30 AM and all the doorbusters are already claimed.
Old 11-18-10, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wristbands? I miss the survival of the fittest days.
Old 11-18-10, 10:09 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Wristbands? I miss the survival of the fittest days.
Yeah, Wal-Mart had to change something after those people got trampled last year.
Old 11-18-10, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Azraelms
Yeah, Wal-Mart had to change something after those people got trampled last year.
Trampled shrampled. It's all part of the fun.
Old 11-18-10, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

am I correct that people can collect these wristbands at midnight for all the 5 AM doorbusters that will guarantee them to be able to pick up 1 of each item starting at 5 AM?
I worked the head of a line last year at walmart for nintendo Dsi and a camcorder and we werent allowed to hand out any of the vouchers until 5 am, people got in line at midnight and they had to stay in line, they got issued a bathroom pass if they needed to leave the line for a few minutes, but you had to be in line at 5 am to get your voucher. thats how it was at my store at least.

I know Best Buy has been known to give out their vouchers at midnight and you could come back to the store in the morning and pick it up. although they didnt tell anyone who got in line after 1 am and stood in line till 5 am and found out all the vouchers were already given out 5 hours ago.

Last edited by scarredgod; 11-18-10 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-18-10, 05:20 PM

If what scarredgod says is accurate for this year, then I don't see what the point of handing out the wristbands is or why Walmart talked about a change in the 5 AM doorbusters if you can't get the wristbands/vouchers until 5 AM.

It sounds like the only real change is that movies and video games will go on sale at midnight. I hope that means all of the cheap DVD, BD, and game displays will be unwrapped at midnight too.
Old 11-19-10, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

If they put 'em out at midnight, I'll just stay up and go then, then sleep in on Friday.
Old 11-19-10, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If what scarredgod says is accurate for this year, then I don't see what the point of handing out the wristbands is or why Walmart talked about a change in the 5 AM doorbusters if you can't get the wristbands/vouchers until 5 AM.

It sounds like the only real change is that movies and video games will go on sale at midnight. I hope that means all of the cheap DVD, BD, and game displays will be unwrapped at midnight too.
To me the difference seems to be that you can go and get the wristband and then leave to come back at 5am. I'll be shocked if they let you get more than 1-2 wristbands.
At least WM is much better than BBy wrt to quantities on hand. BBy sucks big time and only have up to 15 of each item. Stopped going there first thing years ago.
I have to work 7am to 7pm this year, but I'll probably go to WM at midnight for the BDs and videogames and possibly get 1-2 wristbands.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.