Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Anyone still playing "The Sims" ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-01, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dusted this off a few days ago and I've gotten hooked on it all over again. Decided to give it a go from the beginning without anything like infinite money cheats or stuff like that, and I'd forgotten how cool it was. Got a nice house going on with four Sims living in it and a net worth of 75,000 at the moment. Plus, I managed to turn one of my Sims bisexual! Hey, it amused me at first. Sorely tempted to buy the House Party expansion pack as well, anyone know if it's any good or not?
Old 04-20-01, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My fiancee still plays it. She got the House Party and has been complaining about it getting very slow. I think this has a lot to do with the parties and the fact that you have tons of characters in your house at once.
Old 04-20-01, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got hooked on this for a while, but eventually lost interest pretty quickly. I just didn't seem to have the patience for it. I kept trying to "level up" my character to the max. I'd try to spend several days building up cooking and physical skills, but then my social rating would sag. I think I just try to "win" the game to much. And then I could never make more than a couple of friends which would keep from advancing in my career.
Old 04-20-01, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My wife and I looked at the House Party expansion and we are still thinking it over. Found it pretty cheap at Sam's but we really don't know if we are still into the game. She used to play it all the time. Had some really impressive houses.

I'd just build a room....fill it with people...and then wait for disaster to strike. Doesn't take long with 7 fireplaces in the room. Mmmmmmm....Extra cripsy
Old 04-21-01, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
My wife and I looked at the House Party expansion and we are still thinking it over. Found it pretty cheap at Sam's but we really don't know if we are still into the game. She used to play it all the time. Had some really impressive houses.

I'd just build a room....fill it with people...and then wait for disaster to strike. Doesn't take long with 7 fireplaces in the room. Mmmmmmm....Extra cripsy
That is deffinatly evil. Try 7 stoves with no one that knows how to cook
Old 04-21-01, 02:46 AM
Mod Emeritus

My girlfriend/fiancee is addicted to this like crack.
Old 04-21-01, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Gallant Pig
My girlfriend/fiancee is addicted to this like crack.

Your girlfriend and your fiance are addicted to the game? You would think if you were cheating on a fiance your girlfriend would enjoy different things. Whats the difference between the two if your in bed alone and they are both playing the game? 8)

ShadowHawk
Old 04-21-01, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I got distracted by other games before I'd done much with it. Eventually I took it off my system, but now and then I think about firing it back up again.

I DO really like the whole open-ended kind of game/experience. If I can find an *ahem* exceptionally cheap copy of House Party I may try it all again.
Old 04-21-01, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recently got my FIRST PC, and the only game I have is the Sims with both expansion packs. This game is OK...I don' tkow, it was fun at first, but now that I have all these new options, it's a little overwhelming..
Old 04-21-01, 03:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Would anyone like to swap Livin Large for House Party? I'm not talking about a copy, I'm talking about the real thing. We just bought House Party, and while it's nice, the Livin Large expansion pack is supposed to have more cool things. The genie alone sounds interesting. What else does it have?

If you're interested, email me at [email protected].

Keith
Old 04-21-01, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by TheyCallHimJim
Plus, I managed to turn one of my Sims bisexual! Hey, it amused me at first. Sorely tempted to buy the House Party expansion pack as well, anyone know if it's any good or not?
Amateur! I have a lesbian love triangle in my house. Seriously, I had a lesbian couple, and I got a third woman to move out of her home with a hubby and a kid!!!!!! One woman is in love with the two others. And the other two women HATE each other.

And I think the House Party expansion is pretty cool. You can have a disco floor in every room if you want. hehehe
Old 04-21-01, 10:15 PM

I still love playing the Sims, but haven't got the expansion pack yet though.
Old 04-22-01, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This thread caused me to reinstall The Sims and Livin Large. Now I'm sure that I'll be fighting for computer time now.

I think I'll pick up House Party next time I'm out. Gotta find a way to blow the extra cash all this over time is bringing me. God forbid I save it.
Old 05-08-01, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by TheyCallHimJim
Decided to give it a go from the beginning without anything like infinite money cheats or stuff like that,
Can someone tell me what these Cheat codes are for the game? My Girlfriend loves playing this game, but is getting fustrated every time her character dies.
Old 05-08-01, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I picked up House Party for $14.99 price matched at EB, then I sent in the rebate that it had. Hopefully I will get my EB gift card soon, but I doubt it. I installed it and played it once, but I have to really be in the mood to get into really playing. I enjoy making houses more than actually playing the game.

Ben732:

Check out this site:
http://www.avault.com/cheats/cheats-s.asp

They have cheats for just about everything. They don't have a listing for House Party, but I think the Livin' Large cheats still work.

-CM-