View Single Post
Old 06-03-10, 08:45 PM   #6
Gatherer

Re: Amazon sent by LaserShip (WHAT the hell is it?)

Here's a thread of people complaining about LaserShip's unprofessional erratic service:
www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx27GEWWFTOKU9T

And here's something else interesting:
community.qvc.com/DiscussionDetail/tabid/73/CatID/38/TypeID/1/Recent/1/ThreadID/39130/Default.aspx
"3/19/2010: Amazon.com has just started using Lasership to ship some of its packages. My last 2 orders were shipped that way. It is so weird. They don't use regular shipping trucks or uniformed drivers. A car pulled up to my house and a man got out and brought the package up to my door. I was shocked."

In addition to LaserShip, Amazon has been using other erratic little-known shipping services with sketchy unmarked vehicles for Prime shipping:

OnTrac:
www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx149AXGD7VM07U
www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx21YS57QD8N19V
www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx1TJVMQDIKE3FZ

Velocity Express:
www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx1U5LLUOL7BCJ7
www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx2BAZUR09R82Z1

One of the many 'funny' stories in the Amazon threads about this trio of halfass companies:
"Amazon sent two shipments through them [Velocity Express]. One showed up a day late in a ditch 100 yards from my house a day after tracking says it was delivered. The other says delivered, but has not shown up even in the ditch. I live on the edge of town. Maybe they report it as delivered but wait until they get a few more packages in the area to actually make the delivery."

Last edited by Gatherer; 06-03-10 at 08:55 PM.