Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Phantom Menace PC Game help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-01, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A friend recently borrowed me (yeah, I know that's bad english) the Star Wars Episode One: the Phantom Menace PC game. It's cake. However, I'm stuck in Mos Espa.

In this level, I've met Watto and learned that Anakin needs two parts to fix his podracer. I got the first part from Barbo.

According to various walkthroughs I've seen on the net, all I need to do is make another trade with the vendor who says "I'm slashing my prices" then find Jar Jar and the levels is done. Well, for whatever reason, he won't trade me. He keeps saying I need TWO fuel converters for the mass coupler, but I only have ONE fuel converter.

What did I do wrong? How can I get the second fuel converter to make the trade? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-28-01, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Somebody throw me a frickin' bone here. If you can't help with the level, can someone tell me a good place to get a walkthrough? I've been using GameSpot, but the section for Mos Espa won't show me the way...help!!!
Old 02-28-01, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
Hey Bishop,

To get the second fuel converter, you need to grab Jar Jar's ears and flip him three times. After he becomes nauseous, he'll vomit the converter into your hands. But you're not done yet. You need to clean Jar Jar's bile from the converter and dry it off completely before the vendor will accept it. (By the way, you get extra midichlorian points if you slice Jar Jar in half with your light sabre.) Take the converter to the cantina and order a Bantha Poodoo. Instead of drinking that, pour it over the converter and wipe it with your cloak. You can now take the converter to the vendor, who will be open to your trade. Remember to hand the converters to the vendor in the proper order, or he will laugh in your face, buzz away, and destroy your mass coupler. Then you'd have to go back to Jar Jar and reach into his slimy innards to locate another converter. No one wants to do that, I'm sure you know.

Old 02-28-01, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, Cujo, what edition of the game are you playing? I appreciate the post. I'll try your strategy and get back to you with the results.

JAR JAR MUST DIE!!!!