Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

TELL ME WHY: by Dontnod Entertainment - 2020

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-19, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
TELL ME WHY: by Dontnod Entertainment - 2020

Tell Me Why (video game) Tell Me Why is an upcoming adventure game from Dontnod Entertainment and published by Xbox Game Studios. ... Dontnod stated that Tyler is the first transgender playable character from any major studio, and they had worked with GLAAD to make him an "authentic representation of the trans experience".

Last edited by gerrythedon; 03-13-20 at 10:39 PM. Reason: fixed video link
Old 11-15-19, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Re: TELL ME WHY: by Dontnod Entertainment - 2020

I couldn't really get into Life is Strange. It's just not my type of game. It felt too slow and plodding. That's a game I think I'm better off watching a walk-through because I found the story and characters intriguing, but not enough to play the games.
Old 11-15-19, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Looking forward to it. And it appears all 3 episodes will release during the summer so there won't be too much of a wait between episodes.
Old 11-16-19, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

LiS is one of my favorites this gen, (haven't gotten to 2 yet) but on that pedigree alone, I'm down for whatever Dontnod comes up with. I just wish it wasn't an exclusive.

Last edited by Groucho; 08-27-20 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-16-19, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I want it thaaaat way?
Old 03-13-20, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tell Me Why’s three episodes will release within weeks of one another

Dontnod Entertainment announced that Tell Me Why will be split into three episodes to be released “just a few weeks apart” from each other.

Learning from Life is Strange 2, the developer has chosen to change tack regarding the upcoming narrative game. “Fan feedback was our primary source of motivation,” said game director Florent Guillaume. “We could hear how important it is for fans to be able to enjoy our games without having to wait for long periods of time in between each episode or chapter. Having shorter waits and predictable release dates brings more challenges for us in terms of production, but we hope these changes will be great improvements to the overall player experience.”

Guillame is proud to tell the community that the team is adapting to the new structure, and he’s “really happy” and “very excited” with the game’s progression. Because Dontnod Entertainment is inspired by episodic TV shows, the game’s three chapters won’t be released in one go. “We definitely want the community to have enough time to discuss, speculate, and build on their experiences—in just enough time to enjoy the wait between episodes!” the director elaborated. “Because of this, we hope fans’ adventures will be greatly improved with a short wait in between each part of Tell Me Why’s story.”

Executive producer Arnaud de Pischof also expressed that players should never feel “rushed” with a Dontnod game. “In playtests, we’re seeing that some people complete a chapter within two or three hours,” said Pischof. “But some players who really want to dig deep into the experience take much longer, which is great!” The company is adopting a careful and considered approach to Tell Me Why, and wants to deliver an authentic and compassionate exploration of a trans identity.

“Skepticism is healthy, as the game industry often falls short when it comes to portrayals of marginalized groups. Without an adequate depth of knowledge, it’s easy to fall back on simplistic and often harmful tropes,” said lead writer Morgan Lockhart. “Given how often these types of portrayals have failed the trans community, we hope we have taken positive steps forward in the creation and portrayal of Tyler.”

Tell Me Why is an episodic game set to launch for PC and Xbox One in summer 2020.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/tell...-of-each-other
Old 07-23-20, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 08-27-20, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

First episode is out today. Episode 2 on September 3rd and the final episode out September 10th.

Looking forward to this but I still want to play Life is Strange 2 first.
Old 08-27-20, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I guess I missed it the first time but MS published? Did I miss a buyout or is this just a one shot deal?
Old 08-27-20, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dontnod's next game, Twin Mirror is going to be published by Bandai Namco, so looks like a one shot deal.
Old 09-06-20, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 557 Likes on 408 Posts

Played through the first 2 chapters (the 3rd one not being available until the 10th) and so far so good. I don't think I care for the characters quite as much as the original Life Is Strange but they have definitely nailed down their formula because Tell Me Why is easily the most polished all around of their games so far. The actual "gameplay" is a bit more engaging then the previous games with puzzles and some detective work.