Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Best SHMUP games?

Old 01-20-17, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best SHMUP games?

I have the Xbox One and an ipad, and recently played the Skyforce 2014 on the ipad and was impressed. So now I am looking for more SHUMP (bullet hell) games for xbox one, or apps. I think Dogos for xbox one looks pretty good. I know CAVE makes some good one, but can be pretty expensive.
Anyone have a good list of the best shumps to try?
Old 01-20-17, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Best SHMUP games?

ikaruga
Old 01-20-17, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

Ikaruga is my favorite as well, though I know it's not everybody's cup of tea (nor the end all for shooters).
Old 01-20-17, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts

For the Xbox One, Raiden V is really good and has been on sale a couple of times. Keep an eye out for the next one if you don't pick it up now.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qkLgIbEl4mA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the PS4, the one I love is Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours. It's really expensive at MSRP ($59.99 I think), but has been on sale a couple of times. I don't think it's on Xbox One yet, but it may come there. It is on PS4, PS Vita and PC. You can set up 3 monitors and play it super-wide.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wCx-Uweisk0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-20-17, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

We haven't seen a lot (any?) of the 360 SHMUP's go backwards compatible, have we?
Old 01-20-17, 10:51 AM

Checking out Ikaruga. I see it’s a backward compatibility 360 game. Interesting. Seems to be highly rated too. Looks good. Another one I saw is Blue Rider. Looks decent. Definitely not a huge list for xbox one. Wish they had CAVE titles. Rather pay $10 for those on the xbox one over ipad apps.
Old 03-09-17, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts

Sale alert : Caladrius Blaze (PS4) is currently on sale for $7.49 (75% off) for PS Plus members.

This is the same game as Caladrius on the 360 with extra Mission stages and a few other add-ons.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RdzG6TiRdWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-09-17, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Danmaku Unlimited 2 is also free today only on phones

https://slickdeals.net/f/9852796-dan...r-ios-app-free
Old 05-23-17, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,227 Posts

Raiden V is apparently coming to the PS4 with a physical release and some other extra goodies.

Raiden V, originally released for Xbox One on May 2016, is coming to PlayStation 4 as Raiden V: Director’s Cut via UFO Interactive, an Amazon listing has revealed.

The PlayStation 4 version of the game is listed for an August 22 release, although it is possible this is a placeholder release date. Unlike the Xbox One version, which was a digital-only release in the west, the PlayStation 4 version will have a physical release including the game’s original soundtrack CD, at least in North America.

Raiden V has a new ship damage system that uses the health bar instead of lives; three distinct ships with different Defense, Mobility, and sub-weapons; a new “Cheer Attack” that boosts sub-weapons for a short time; and support for up to two players offline.
Old 05-26-17, 03:43 AM
Banned

Definitely not a huge list for xbox one. Wish they had CAVE titles.
Guwange is a classic Cave title available through BC. I believe you just missed a sale price last week, but it should still be under $10.

There are several other Cave titles on 360 and two other Raidens. They are still chipping away at the BC effort and this week finally gave me my Shinobi, so have faith..
Old 05-26-17, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,227 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M0Z0yj5IDdI?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Extreme Graphics – Raiden V: Director’s Cut features full 1080P support to bring every explosion, missile attacks and boss kills to earth shattering realism on HDTV’s and monitors.
Tri View HUD – Raiden V: Director’s Cut reaches new levels of frenetic and heart pounding action as real time game status changes, command center data and game play simultaneously and continuously update you on the action.
Multiplayer – First time ever, local two-player cooperative play!
Cheer Attack – A Powerful special attack for your secondary weapons – but only for a few seconds – don’t miss your window!
Fully Narrated Storyline – who’s got time to read!
New Ships – 3 Unique Ships with different strengths and weapons.
Health Bars – Keep an eye on your ship’s health if you want to make it to your final destination.
PS4 Limited Edition – Exclusive 22* track separate music soundtrack CD.