Reload this Page >

Wrestling Video Game Question: shareable create-a-wrestler

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-08-17, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

My good friend works with a local wrestling federation. He was asking me if there was a way to use the create-a-wrestler tool in a wrestling game and then share the skin (via url or other method).

I've played some of the recent WWE games and know I can find other people's created wrestlers and download them. Is that still in the newest WWE game (WWE 17?)? is it cross platform? is there a way to publicly share created skins?

-or-

Is there a popular wrestling game that allows sharing created wrestlers? I remember Fire Pro Wrestling was popular at one time but I dont have any experience with it.

Anyone have any ideas on this?
Old 05-08-17, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Re: Wrestling Video Game Question: shareable create-a-wrestler

CAWs are still a thing, but I don't think they are cross platform (though it shouldn't be hard to replicate a CAW design on multiple platforms, just very time consuming).

It was much easier on older games or graphically inferior games like firepro because you just have to approximate the look with pixels. Now there are so many options I long ago gave up on making my own and just find really good ones. Though I admittedly haven't played the latest game yet.
Old 05-09-17, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe WWE is the only current wrestling game in town. But unless its changed, it's on an internal server and is not shareable among the platforms. Heck, you would have to copy down the parameters(which people do...) and screenshot any creation to make it "shareable".

I still think there is a market where a generic wrestling game (think updated FirePro) with a robust CAW system could come in and kick some major butt...give WWE a run for its money.
Old 05-09-17, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You need the brand recognition, though, and there's basically no other game in town besides the WWE in the US. The last FirePro I remember being released here was the PS2 title which was marketed as a budget title and I don't think it did so well (though I loved it). Even the PS2 Wrestle Kingdom games were also made by Yuke's.
Old 05-09-17, 03:52 PM

There is a FirePro for 360, but its freaking horrible...but I also enjoy FirePro for PS2 as well. I dunno, too bad Ring of Honor couldn't partner up with the FirePro folks and create something awesome.

On a side note, I do remember reading that Chikara was making a wrestling game. It didn't look completely awful.
Old 05-09-17, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

We will never speak of that XBLA travesty again.

I guess FirePro is making a comeback on Pc and PS4 though.

http://www.dualshockers.com/fire-pro...rld-interview/
Old 05-10-17, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by fujishig
We will never speak of that XBLA travesty again.

I guess FirePro is making a comeback on Pc and PS4 though.

http://www.dualshockers.com/fire-pro...rld-interview/
I mean it's fantastic that it is making a comeback (and that comeback is including PS4)...but no Xbox One support...*sigh*. Between this, the Crash trilogy, and Y's (my favorite RPG series of all time), I might just have to spring for a PS4 by Christmas time.
Old 05-10-17, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah if you like Japanese-made games at all, Xbox is not the way to go.
Old 05-10-17, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
Yeah if you like Japanese-made games at all, Xbox is not the way to go.
Yeah...I almost jumped through the ceiling when Stranger of Sword City (an extremely Japanese RPG) was released for Xbox One with localized dialog. I was probably the only one who gave a flying flip. But as a result, I could only get so far on my own, and nobody was playing it...so I basically got stuck and couldn't progress further. And anything I could translate on the game was basically an incoherent mess.

Edit: TrueAchievements finally has a walkthrough I see...I might be going back to it after all.

*sigh*, we'll see where the price of a PS4 is by Christmas, under $200 and I might just do it.

Last edited by Kedrix; 05-10-17 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-10-17, 01:53 PM

To get this back on topic...here is the Chikara Twitter feed link. It will be on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One. Looks fun.

https://twitter.com/ChikaraAAW
Old 05-10-17, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Yeah...I almost jumped through the ceiling when Stranger of Sword City (an extremely Japanese RPG) was released for Xbox One with localized dialog. I was probably the only one who gave a flying flip. But as a result, I could only get so far on my own, and nobody was playing it...so I basically got stuck and couldn't progress further. And anything I could translate on the game was basically an incoherent mess.

Edit: TrueAchievements finally has a walkthrough I see...I might be going back to it after all.

*sigh*, we'll see where the price of a PS4 is by Christmas, under $200 and I might just do it.
I was tempted by that, but then they released the Vita version, and a second Vita game. Btw there should be a ton of guides on that if you still can't find Xbox one help.

Thanks for the link to the Chikara game, hopefully it turns out to be a good game.