NBA 2K18 - Shaq Legend Edition.

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NBA 2K18 - Shaq Legend Edition.

Old 08-25-17, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Re: NBA 2K18 - Shaq Legend Edition.

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Yes, they are issuing the updated cover sometime after release.
Maybe they should hold the presses on that...
Old 09-08-17, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 160 Posts

You can now text with LaVar Ball in NBA 2K18 video game.

Ball is everywhere these days. Last week, the outspoken father of Los Angeles Lakers point guard Lonzo Ball made his reality TV debut on the new "Ball in the Family" Facebook show. This week, the man who said he could beat Michael Jordan one-on-one is in a video game.

The popular NBA 2K franchise has introduced Ball as a character in the MyCareer mode of this year's edition, which is scheduled for release on Sept. 19.

Ball's larger-than-life proclamations are on full display as his likeness sends virtual text messages such as, "THIS WISDOM COMES FROM THE LIPS OF ZEUS TO MORTAL EARS."

It seems that Ball's character is also featured in the game's social media feed, where he'll dole out criticism of all those he believes are not Big Ballers.

If one thing's for sure, LaVar Ball isn't going anywhere. In fact, it looks like he's just getting started.

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/sto...k18-video-game
Old 09-09-17, 08:53 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos

Ball is everywhere these days. Last week, the outspoken father of Los Angeles Lakers point guard Lonzo Ball made his reality TV debut on the new "Ball in the Family" Facebook show. This week, the man who said he could beat Michael Jordan one-on-one is in a video game.

The popular NBA 2K franchise has introduced Ball as a character in the MyCareer mode of this year's edition, which is scheduled for release on Sept. 19.

Ball's larger-than-life proclamations are on full display as his likeness sends virtual text messages such as, "THIS WISDOM COMES FROM THE LIPS OF ZEUS TO MORTAL EARS."

It seems that Ball's character is also featured in the game's social media feed, where he'll dole out criticism of all those he believes are not Big Ballers.

If one thing's for sure, LaVar Ball isn't going anywhere. In fact, it looks like he's just getting started.

For fucks sake, why? Did anyone ask for this? Can't they keep this talentless, misogynistic piece of shit out of people's games?
Old 09-10-17, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

I pre-ordered the regular edition for the XBox One for $47.99 at Best Buy with the Game Club membership.

Was debating about getting the Shaq Legend edition, which would have cost $79.99. I picked up the Kobe Legend version last year. But, I don't think the extra trinkets are worth the extra $30. Especially since they are mostly digital trinkets.
Old 09-13-17, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

So can we sign with Big Baller haha. The texting and social media things, I find annoying just because you cannot really respond back and it's always the same cut and paste stuff.
Old 09-14-17, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got a call from GameStop last night saying they are having a 9pm Est release. That's much better than having to wait until midnight like in year's past.
Old 09-14-17, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That new shot mechanic though... ugh, I'm so used to looking at the indicator near the feet. I blame my relatively poor performance in the demo on that. On the plus side (for some) it seems like you can choose the team you go to off the bat this time, since you're not drafted. And you can see what the max stats are for every archetype.

I'm actually thinking of forgoing the discount in favor of the digital version just for convenience. A sidenote to that is if I go digital I'll do the base version because I feel like you get ripped off not getting the little trinkets (and cover) if you go digital on the shaq versions.

Edited to add: well if anyone wanted to get the digital version to get the theme bonus, its super meh, I'm surprised they didn't give it away for without purchase.

Last edited by fujishig; 09-14-17 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-15-17, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So far I like the game, but man they doubled down on the annoying side characters and the walking around/loading screens. If you actually enjoyed watching your guy slowly walk to the door every time you exited your gym, you're in luck.

They are also really generous with that star designation. I'm on the Clippers and both Lou Williams and Patrick Beverly have stars. And I just saw Enes Kanter with a star. Maybe when they get hot or something?

Last edited by fujishig; 09-15-17 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-16-17, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The all time Lakers team is just unreal. It's amazing the talent you can have on the court at one time.
Old 09-16-17, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Played a game yesterday as the Lakers against the Thunder. Got blown out by 45 points on pro mode . I was in the game through 2 quarters and then went ice cold in the 3rd.

Shooting is definitely harder. It's more about timing. I actually turned off the shot meter for shooting because it got distracting.

Free Throws are very hard too. I've been bricking it even with good FT shooters. I just can't get the timing right on the thumb stick.

I really do like the presentation. It really feels like an NBA telecast on TNT.
Old 09-16-17, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk God

The all time Lakers team is just unreal. It's amazing the talent you can have on the court at one time.
I played as the all-time Lakers against the 2017-18 Golden State Warriors.

Lost at the buzzer by 1 point on a Steph Curry GW 3. It was so frustrating because I rallied from 10 down to take the lead.

But yeah the talent on that roster is unreal.
Old 09-16-17, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
Played a game yesterday as the Lakers against the Thunder. Got blown out by 45 points on pro mode . I was in the game through 2 quarters and then went ice cold in the 3rd.

Shooting is definitely harder. It's more about timing. I actually turned off the shot meter for shooting because it got distracting.

Free Throws are very hard too. I've been bricking it even with good FT shooters. I just can't get the timing right on the thumb stick.

I really do like the presentation. It really feels like an NBA telecast on TNT.
Shooting definitely seems harder. In mycareer on pro (and granted I didn't buy any VC), my guy can barely make an open shot 50% of the time. I think I average like 35% shooting as a pg, and every time I drive to the basket, I get fouled and can only make like 50% of my free throws (not to mention, a missed freethrow penalizes you like half a grade during a game). Plus there's no way to train free throws, at least not that I can see (though every made freethrow contributes to the badge, at least).

I mean, I guess that's kinda realistic considering the storyline that you gave up basketball to be a DJ and then walked onto an NBA team, except for the fact that they haven't cut me yet.

Every time I walk around the "city" I feel bad for the guys who put all this effort into making this semi-open world that most of us are going to hate when they could have easily saved time and made it menu based so I could just get to where I want to go without wasting time and loading screens. Like they have all these developers working on this immersive open world, and these little (UNSKIPPABLE) cutscenes that are constantly playing, and developing the most annoying best friend known to man, and all I want to do is get to my next practice and game with a minimum of loading. Also I see they installed the Mass Effect elevator in my apartment complex.

I kinda wish they put another mode in that was just a myplayer going through the draft combine with all the endorsements and stuff without the actual storyline.

Last edited by fujishig; 09-16-17 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-17-17, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Started My Career yesterday.

My guy played relatively well in the playground tourney and then won a tryout with the Lakers (based on your favorite team) I made the team after 2 good scrimmages.

The roommate for my character is fucking annoying as hell. If you have the NBA 2K18 app, you can scan your likeness to create your avatar.

Anyways, I just started my 1st full practice before I shut things down late last night.
Old 09-17-17, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There is a way to get an extra practice every day: basically do your three drills, go outside, talk to the dude at the juice stand and he'll hook you up with what I swear are some illegal drugs in his juices, and you get one extra drill. The problem is, you have to load to go outside, then load to go back inside to do the practice, and it's just a hassle.
Old 09-17-17, 05:29 PM
Banned

I haven't gotten the game yet, but played the demo last night and seriously, WTF is with 2K and their lame story modes? The nicknames are horrible. This year is DJ, last year it was Pres and Freaq the year before that one. Why can't they have someone just say your last name and that's it. And then there's the horrible and fucking annoying roommates, agents, brothers, sisters. No one speaks like that. And if they do, they wouldn't be in my circle of friends. It's like the developers are just going by the same outdated stereotypes of basketball players and their inner circle. This year, it seems that they have made it worse by selling out even more to the game's sponsors and giving them an exposure that affects the game's enjoyment and play by the loading screens and incorporating them on the story more.
Old 09-17-17, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And no rookie mode. Starting out at level 60. The shot is just soooo bad. It's just not that fun especially with the long ass load times. You would think, with all these next gen games and what not, load times would be a LOT better, not worse.
Old 09-17-17, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well you used to start out at overall 55, but back then you could play on a lower difficulty level and actually make some shots.

I played a bit more today it helps that they gave me more minutes but I find myself avoiding actually shooting the ball because I'll miss. I mean I'll brick layups. But I did get an 11-11-11 triple double so that's something at least, and getting higher teammate grades gives you more VC.

I'll just leave this here:

Old 09-17-17, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Damn, the roommate is based on a real person?

Holy shit she's annoying.
Old 09-17-17, 10:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
Damn, the roommate is based on a real person?

Holy shit she's annoying.
Not only that, but in that video she looks like a video game sprite. Who the fuck thought that adding her to the game will be a good thing?
Old 09-17-17, 10:40 PM
Banned

I played the game tonight and 2K has again released a broken game that will be probably slowly fixed in the next several months with ungodly patches. I'm really tired of studios pulling this shit.
Old 09-18-17, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

I made a pure sharpshooter and with maxed out 3-point shooting STILL can't make anything. Remade a new character as a Sharpshooter/Slasher and now I have a character that still can't shoot and won't even attempt a dunk, so I just get my layups blocked most of the time in the Park Neighborhood.
Old 09-20-17, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I give props the the realism in this game. I joined the Clippers and Blake went down with his annual injury. Surprisingly he was only day to day. He missed the next game, when Lou Williams went down for a two to three week injury. Blake comes back for the very next game and gets injured again, this time for a month. Clippers gonna be Clippers I guess.

I know there are other modes than my player but it really is feeling more and more like a F2P game, except I paid 60 bucks for the opportunity to grind 100s of games to get my guy to an 85.
Old 09-21-17, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Def worth the $5 I spent on VC to add to improve my jumper. Still misses most of the time, but at least I can get a few more points per game. Does anyone try the MyGM mode or any of the other stuff in the game?
Old 09-21-17, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But that's how they get you, jacob_b. Just five bucks here and there...

Now Gallinari and Montrezl Harrell are hurt. That's like four of my top six guys. I'm stuck with glorified dunker DeAndre Jordan and professional bricklayer "Here comes" Austin Rivers as my only hope of getting assists. My plan had been to give up on shooting because I stink at it, but now there's nobody else on the team that can score either. Maybe it's time to start tanking for a draft pick.

Also, turning off that dumb shot meter actually improved my jumper.
Old 09-26-17, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Went to play his morning. 4.4 gig update. Which didn't download overnight on my PS4 because apparently 75 gigs of free space isn't enough and I had to delete more stuff.

And what did they fix? Priority number one, an easy way for people to get VC. How about letting me skip some bfresh cutscenes?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.