RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS: 360, PS3, Wii U, PC -5/21/13

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 01-22-13, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts

Resident Evil Revelations Coming To Consoles
Graphical enhancements and improved Raid Mode.

Resident Evil Revelations is coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and PC.

The game will be released in North America on May 21st and in Europe on May 24th. It will be available to be downloaded digitally from those dates, costing $49.99 in the United States on PlayStation 3 and PC (€49.99 on PSN and €39.99 on PC in Europe). Details regarding pricing for Xbox 360 and Wii U will be announced at a later time.

The new version of the game will feature high quality HD visuals, as well as "enhanced lighting effects" and an "immersive sound experience". There's even more content in the console version, too, including a "terrifying new enemy", an extra difficulty mode, and several improvements to Raid Mode (new weapons, skill sets, and characters).

The new version will also take advantage of the ResidentEvil.net service. Players can pre-register with the service from January 24.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...ng-to-consoles
Old 01-31-13, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS: 360, PS3, Wii U, PC -5/21/13

Resident Evil Will Return To Its Roots

Spoiler:
Capcom has listened to fan feedback following Resident Evil 6 and knows that the series must return to its roots going forward, even mentioning the possibility of a reboot.

These comments come from Capcom’s Masachika Kawata, a long-term producer on the iconic survival horror series who spoke to IGN in London while discussing his latest project -- bringing last year’s Nintendo 3DS title Resident Evil: Revelations to Xbox 360, Wii U, PlayStation 3 and PC.

“I think that it’s important for us to have users’ needs in mind when making the games," Kawata told IGN. "At the same time I think a lot of what people want now is to have Chris and Jill in a game, or they want it to look like Resident Evil used to look like. That’s what makes the game work for them. We should be able to start from scratch and reboot it. It would still be Resident Evil. We wouldn’t lose the essential nature of what makes it a good game just by changing the characters.”

And what is that essence? What is the essential DNA of the Resident Evil franchise? In recent years, that formula has become increasingly varied with more and more action being introduced to the series. Last Kawata himself even stated that the series had to introduce more and more action to stay relevant, especially in Western markets.

A year later, and following on from the mixed critical reception of titles like Operation Racoon City and Resident Evil 6, Kawata seems to have revised his opinion:

“Survival horror as a genre is never going to be on the same level, financially, as shooters and much more popular, mainstream games. At the same time, I think we need to have confidence to put money behind these projects, and it doesn’t mean we can’t focus on what we need to do as a survival horror game to meet fan’s needs. We are always taking in to account user feedback, even when the users’ are very upset about something.

“Looking at last year - something like, for example, Operation Racoon City – it was quite an experimental attempt in bringing the Resident Evil series to new genres. And in light of that game, certainly I would say that I review my thoughts on that [the importance of action]. But I think it’s undeniable to say the series returning to its roots is important, and those roots are horror.”

And fans of the earlier instalments in the series will be pleased to know that Kawata even went on to say, “The most important thing with a Resident Evil game is to bring across that feeling of horror and fear that’s such a part of the series.”

But where does the future of the Resident Evil series lie? Capcom has started to entrust some of its most iconic franchise’s to the hand’s of Western developers. Could we see the same happen with a numbered installment in the Resident Evil franchise or has the experience of Operation Raccoon City put an end to that idea?

“At the end of the day, players care more about how the game plays and if it’s a good game rather than the name on the box or the credits of a developer. We would need to decide what we need to do to make a game in the series – something appealing to the player – and if the answer is to use a certain developer from the West then that will be the answer. We never start with the questions: ‘Shall we have a Western developer do this? How will that turn out?’ This has to be the solution to a problem, rather than the problem in and of itself."

Revelations was released exclusively on Nintendo 3DS last January, and received a positive critical reception – with IGN giving the game a great 8.5 review.

But Kawata was eager to point out that while this wasn’t originally planned but every effort has been made to improve the game – this isn’t just a port, he insists.

“It’s not something we had planned at the time. We were very focussed on the 3DS version for the entirety of that project. But then, in view of the incredibly positive reception of the game, and reaction from both gamers and critics, we saw it as a great opportunity to bring it to a wider audience on consoles.

“The audio visual quality is certainly something that’s been improved. Bringing it to HDTV-based consoles has been a chance to improve the graphics, the texture, and models. Sound has also been improved into a 5.1 mix, and we’ve just fine-tuned the gameplay, taking what we’ve learned from the original game. Generally, just making it a better game overall.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...d749375900003b
Old 02-01-13, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I loved the 3DS version. That was the best Resident Evil title since Resident Evil 4 imho.
Old 02-01-13, 09:24 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Meh.

Wasn't that long of a game. I'll wait till it hits $20 and pick it up for the U.
Old 02-01-13, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 184 Likes on 128 Posts

Just how much money can Capcom squeeze out of this franchise? Enough of the spin-offs and Gold editions, just give us an atmospheric survival horror game that lives up to RE2.
Old 02-20-13, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazon has the Wii U version of this for pre-order at $45.27, while the PS3 and 360 versions are $49.96.

I would pick it up for $45.27 if I hadn't already played the 3DS version.
Old 05-04-13, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 273 Likes on 176 Posts

Comes out soon! Everything I've read has led me to believe it'll be good and I'll pick it up on release day.
Old 05-05-13, 10:41 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Same.

Amazon had it up for $40 as a mistake and it was in my goldbox so $38. I'll give it a shot. The new modes make it song like a better than $20 experience.
Old 05-07-13, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EYnVwW3DB8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-14-13, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Resident Evil: Revelations Unlockable Costumes Go For the Pirate Look

Capcom has revealed a trio of fantastically hideous unlockable costumes for Resident Evil: Revelations' cast, exclusive to the upcoming console version of the game.

All are nautically themed in keeping with the ocean-bound setting, and see Keith, Jill and Chris letting their inner pirates out in three very different ways.

From left to right (see the image below) is Keith and his pirate samurai style, Jill sporting the classic pirate femme fatale look complete with parrot and eye-patch, and Chris... well, we don't know what the hell Chris is wearing. Let's call it 'camp Popeye chic', eh?

Anyone else got a better name for it?

Resident Evil: Revelations is out on May 21st in North America and May 24th in Europe. The demo is available now.

[Via Capcom-Unity]

Old 05-21-13, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 273 Likes on 176 Posts

7.5 from IGN, 90/100 from Xbox Magazine, 88 from Game Informer. (76 on Metacritic)
Old 05-22-13, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts

Sounds like a rental to me.
Old 08-31-13, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Grabbed a used Wii U copy. It supports the Pro Controller. Guess I'll start playing through this again.
Old 09-04-13, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really like the way Miiverse is handled in this. When you die, the messages that other players have drawn/written appear on the left and right side of the game over screen. The comments are directly related to the area that you died in. It's fun to check them out, thought I haven't bothered posting anything.

I only have a couple of chapters left. After Rayman, I may come back and play on Raid Mode and start the infernal difficulty with my weapons carried over. I don't know how enjoyable infernal will be, though, as you have to dodge a lot of enemies and not bother shooting them.
Old 07-04-15, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I understand playing a RE game and playing as along with the main character a 2nd character, but What The Fuck! playing a C-TEAM. And the cheesy ass dialogue that this game has . It's basically a bad episodic TV show.
Old 07-05-15, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finally finished it, a bit letdown after the awesomeness of R6. I just wanted it to end.

On the REV.2.
Old 03-13-17, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Resident Evil: Revelations is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Capcom revealed the news on Twitter, noting that Revelations will be released both digitally and physically and is due in Fall 2017 in North America and Europe.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/...4-and-xbox-one
Old 05-16-17, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2WmJwsX0Gu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bC1vq4LV3-g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/eight-min...x-one-gameplay