Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-17, 01:46 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
I am at power level 212 or so. I have two legendary engrams and an exotic engram. Will these auto-decrypt at the weekly reset tomorrow? Is the power level set when they drop? Or should I hold them until I have 265?
if you have an engram on hand, it will say the power level they will decrypt at..and this will be set. If you wait to open them they will still be the lower level. If you are below 265, any drop you get has a chance to raise your power level...so open them up.

The ones that will go up with your power level are the rewards from the milestones, and they will say "powerful gear" on them...those are the ones that scale up with you...so if you wait to turn them in the better. I think if you have powerful gear waiting to open and you don't open them by Tuesday they auto open. (not sure on this though)
Old 09-18-17, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

ah, okay. I haven't claimed a purple engram from the girl yet...I think its a clan reward? that one definitely scales as each time I talk to her the value goes up a bit. Maybe that is a "powerful reward"
Old 09-18-17, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foxdvd
I think if you have powerful gear waiting to open and you don't open them by Tuesday they auto open. (not sure on this though)
Correct, they will auto-decrypt on Tuesday.
Old 09-18-17, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lopper
If you go to r/fireteams on Reddit, there's a weekly thread for finding a clan. That's how I found my current group. I was in DoD since D1, but unless you're one of maybe 8-10 specific people, my experience was you're pretty much on your own, so I went looking for a bigger clan.

I've also just used r/fireteams to just join up to do some Trials and the Nightfall, and I wouldn't be opposed to getting into a group for the Raid that way too. A lot of the groups are specifically for casual, laid back runs, so I've never had an experience of being yelled at, or shamed, or told I suck (which I do, especially in Trials). It's been nice.

EDIT: Just wanted to include that when I did get to play with DoD members, it was great, and a lot of the "on your own" issue was my own fault -- time zone, kids, play times (I play mostly during the day). It was mostly a matter of making the effort to get on the same page as everyone else, which maybe I didn't do. I feel like I may have misrepresented myself before and just wanted to clear that up.
Ok cool, I didn't actual check fireteams yet, I just ended up finding one in the main Destiny sub so I went with that.

Definitely looking for a casual clan and as far as cussing or what not I could care less about that. The main gripe with the clan I'm in now is that it's at capacity but it seems like only 4-5 or the same people are the only ones looking for people to run stuff with as well as talk in the clan chat.

It actually feels similiar to in game when you see a ton of people on a planet but when you run to a public event you're the only one there.
Old 09-18-17, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

the exotic decrypted into Merciless. Take that Xur!
Old 09-18-17, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by chase3001
Correct, they will auto-decrypt on Tuesday.
I asked this earlier since I see & hear some saying do this before the reset or wait and Roy told me earlier on PS4 so I went ahead and thankfully got two pieces that were seven levels higher.
Old 09-18-17, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by rocketsauce
Ok cool, I didn't actual check fireteams yet, I just ended up finding one in the main Destiny sub so I went with that.

Definitely looking for a casual clan and as far as cussing or what not I could care less about that. The main gripe with the clan I'm in now is that it's at capacity but it seems like only 4-5 or the same people are the only ones looking for people to run stuff with as well as talk in the clan chat.

It actually feels similiar to in game when you see a ton of people on a planet but when you run to a public event you're the only one there.
I've noticed the main board being pretty active too. Maybe more active than Reddit. Had some success there as well. I think it ties into the fireteams section of the destiny app, so you should be able to join something from there, too. Haven't had much luck with that though.
Old 09-19-17, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I asked this earlier since I see & hear some saying do this before the reset or wait and Roy told me earlier on PS4 so I went ahead and thankfully got two pieces that were seven levels higher.
I don't trust that Roy guy sometimes. I mean he is a great player, and is probably the best part of the Dagger clan, but you know...he is Canadian.
Old 09-19-17, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't trust that Roy guy sometimes. I mean he is a great player, and is probably the best part of the Dagger clan, but you know...he is Canadian.
my problem with him isn't so much that he is Canadian but the fact that he is always so Furious. I mean how angry can one be doing something fun like playing a videogame
Old 09-19-17, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
my problem with him isn't so much that he is Canadian but the fact that he is always so Furious. I mean how angry can one be doing something fun like playing a videogame
hmmmm......someone from Canada named Furious....that combination sounds like mixing alcohol & guns....but that combo seems to be working in Destiny fairly well.
Old 09-19-17, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by musick
I've heard of a clan that seems to enjoy this game .... name is escaping me at the moment
I assume you're referencing a clan started around these parts?
Old 09-19-17, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep....DVD Talk Drunken Daggers.....or was it Baggers...or maybe Laggers....no I believe Naggers....or....Waggers.....
Old 09-19-17, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I assume you're referencing a clan started around these parts?
It's the other Destiny thread on the front page.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...s-destiny.html
Old 09-19-17, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have recently got quite a few Rockstar Destiny 2 can codes. If anyone would like one, please send me a pm.

Just so you know, you get a rare blue engram with each code.
Old 09-19-17, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Yep....DVD Talk Drunken Daggers.....or was it Baggers...or maybe Laggers....no I believe Naggers....or....Waggers.....
Originally Posted by mattysemo247
It's the other Destiny thread on the front page.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...s-destiny.html
Oh cool, sorry I've haven't around these parts in quite awhile. I'll definitely check it out. What time zone do you guys mostly fall in?
Old 09-19-17, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh cool, sorry I've haven't around these parts in quite awhile. I'll definitely check it out. What time zone do you guys mostly fall in?
From west coast to east coast. We are pretty spread out actually.
Old 09-19-17, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From west coast to east coast. We are pretty spread out actually.
Kind of figured that. Sent in an request to join (chicubfan), feel like it'll be a better community than a random Reddit one.

Last edited by rocketsauce; 09-19-17 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-19-17, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you go to a public event and it is close to starting and no one is there, fast travel back to the closest location. You can do this several times until you're put into an instance of the encounter that has other people there. I do this now all the time and it works like a charm.
Old 09-19-17, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
If you go to a public event and it is close to starting and no one is there, fast travel back to the closest location. You can do this several times until you're put into an instance of the encounter that has other people there. I do this now all the time and it works like a charm.
Oh awesome, I had actually thought about that but wasn't sure if it put you in a new server or not
Old 09-19-17, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I've done a couple a public event all by myself - the loot payoff was a little better than with other people.
Old 09-19-17, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Some are a PIA to solo though especially if you trigger the heroic. But luckily they re spawn you close to the action now.
Old 09-19-17, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The amount of players at a Public Event for me has been a mix bag......I've done several with me and just one and got the average and today I did one on Titan and there were at least five of us and I got more engrams and a legendary. One earlier that was a Heroic with five of us and I got a Exotic.

Are the Legendary ones you get from the contact like Devrim on Earth and the other planets all cap at a certain level...like for me they're 265 yet my level is 270.
Old 09-19-17, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
I was hoping that wasn't necessary this time around. The endless crouch walking through hallways in the first game to find enough people in the court...
Old 09-20-17, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yesterday I opened a Blight Engram from Tess and got a white & grayish Scout Rifle with three emblems on the side I didn't think much of and put it aside. Today I was looking around the game sites and on Gameinformer they have a article titled.... Secrets of the Nine - The Mystery of Destiny's Trials Weapons

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...s-weapons.aspx

The one I got is on that list....The End....I would assume for now to keep it? On the link and in the picture there is a bunch of lore and writing but mine does not have all that.
Old 09-20-17, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you sure you got from Tess? It is loot from the Trials that we have a chance to get from a clan reward once someone in the clan completes or triggers it. It is level 10 because you didn't earn it. You'll have to infuse and mod it. We have same chance to get raid gear as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.