Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-17, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

So twice today I've had the game sort of crash on me when trying to go to the Traveler. I end up loading in with all background sound (NPC chatter, music, etc) but no image. Just a black screen. Have to close application and restart.

Anyone else get this?
Old 09-11-17, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ lopper

I've had some similar incidents where I was loading into an area and there was a substantial delay where as you say you can here the background chatter but are stuck on a black screen .... not enough that I ever had to do a reset but maybe I was a bit more patient

I guess given that we aren't sitting in orbit as long now the trade off is acceptable ....but more than likely just initial server load issues that should be resolved
Old 09-11-17, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
^ lopper

I've had some similar incidents where I was loading into an area and there was a substantial delay where as you say you can here the background chatter but are stuck on a black screen .... not enough that I ever had to do a reset but maybe I was a bit more patient

I guess given that we aren't sitting in orbit as long now the trade off is acceptable ....but more than likely just initial server load issues that should be resolved
I can guarantee you were. Too much time PC gaming has me jumping to reset hardware every time something locks up like this. I'll try and wait it out next time. Did a quick Google search and it turns out others are running into this as well.
Old 09-11-17, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I caved and bought it as well. Only about 2 hours in, just got to the social space. I carried over my hunter for D1 and will probably not do alternates as I barely have enough time for my primary. So far so good though.
Old 09-11-17, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Liking it so far.

One complaint though compared to the original is everyone looks the same to me. Seems like not as much difference between the characters and the colours.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but everyone looks grey.
Old 09-12-17, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

I might breakdown and get it after a long chat with a fellow "Guardian" from the first one who at one time said she wasn't and had doubts but got it a week ago. We finally hooked up in Warframe...still a awesome game that has probably been more consistent and trouble free than any other game I've played....and before signing off she gave me the in & outs of D2, changes, playing, combat, characters but no story spoilers.

We both share the same playstyle of explore and take your time and just enjoy the game and overall she said it has improved but hasn't done Nightfall or Strikes yet. My gripe was with the "Economic System" where collecting stuff got bogged down and some of the excess you couldn't do anything with. My other issue...which is too early...is Bungie meddling and changing stuff. And I still feel the new story was a golden opportunity for Bungie to introduce Three New Guardians....I mean the Universe is vast and every other game out there seems to find plenty of characters....a.k.a Warframe with their version of Guardians the "Tenno"....

But the first was fun in both single and in groups with Strikes but it became a pain when trying to do a Nightfall along with Raids which you need that gear to get you up to do more Raids. But one Nightfall was such a pain most wouldn't want to do another and who can blame them. She did say they were working on some Matchmaking process which was solely lacking in the first for end game runs. Not everyone is in some "Group" where the grind to get that special piece of Armor or gun starts getting a bit repetitive providing one can even get in.....Still thinking of it....

Last edited by K&AJones; 09-12-17 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-12-17, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weekly reset info via Reddit and Destiny Tracker:
Nightfall: The Inverted Spire

Arcadian Valley, Nessus End the Red Legion expedition that has ripped open the planet's surface.

Modifiers
Prism: Your attacks matching the focused element deal increased damage. All other elemental damage is reduced. Kinetic and incoming damage is unaffected. The focused element rotates periodically.
Timewarp - Rings: Vex time gates have appeared in the area. Pass through them to discharge temporal energy and extend the mission timer.

Challenges
Speed Of Dark: Complete the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining.
Unbroken: Complete the Nightfall with fewer than 3 deaths.
The Floor Is Lava: As a fireteam, do not get hit by Protheon's fiery ground attack before defeating it.

Flashpoint: Nessus
Don't forget to buy the Treasure Maps from Cayde-6 as well.

Shaxx Milestone
You may need to visit Shaxx at The Tower to pick this up.

Meditations
Combustion
Riptide
Hope
Old 09-12-17, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Originally Posted by astrochimp
Liking it so far.

One complaint though compared to the original is everyone looks the same to me. Seems like not as much difference between the characters and the colours.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but everyone looks grey.
Isn't that because they changed the way shaders work?
Old 09-12-17, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven
Isn't that because they changed the way shaders work?
I sort of thought it was just they way the lighting is this time around.

Maybe people aren't using shaders?
Old 09-12-17, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Old 09-12-17, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

5 Gig update, If you want to play tonight, i suggest you start downloading now. What was suppose to be a 4 hour server maintenance, turned in to a 5 hour, then a 7 hour downtime. 2 more hours to go
Old 09-12-17, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

5 Gigs.....ouch....why couldn't have they done this like 1-2 in the morning? I think the game itself is still DL for me....started the DL while home for lunch.

Well I picked a fine day to buy the game (digital).....Gamespot just had a update 2-4 minutes ago and this....

"while the downtime estimate for Destiny 2's servers has not been changed, Bungie did provide a vague update on what's going on. "Still conducting planned maintenance and addressing some new issues," it said in a tweet. "Please stand by. Pardon our dust." There was no further word on what's causing the delay."

First Update - Destiny 2's servers remained online for a bit longer than expected, but they're now offline. They're expected to remain down for the next four hours or so

Second Update - Bungie has announced that it is extending the downtime by an additional hour. Destiny 2's servers are now expected to come back online at 12 PM PT / 3 PM ET / 8 PM BST. Additionally, a new update is now available, although no details regarding it have been shared. It's possible it includes the content for the Raid, which launches on Wednesday.

Third Update - Update 3: Destiny 2's server downtime has been extended once again, this time for two more hours. The servers are now expected to be back online at 2 PM PT / 5 PM ET / 10 PM BST. Bungie didn't provide any indication of what was causing the additional downtime. On an unrelated note (as far as we know), Bungie also announced it will be removing an item from Destiny 2 due to an unintentional reference to a hate symbol.

Last edited by K&AJones; 09-12-17 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-12-17, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

So its now 450pm EST and Destiny is back up as far as I know. I downloaded the update, tried to log in and get "Destiny 2 is temporarily at capacity". How many people are playing on PS4? I wonder what the max is?

EDIT: it then bounces to servers unavailable so I guess its still down.

Last edited by mewmartigan; 09-12-17 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-12-17, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
So its now 450pm EST and Destiny is back up as far as I know. I downloaded the update, tried to log in and get "Destiny 2 is temporarily at capacity". How many people are playing on PS4? I wonder what the max is?

EDIT: it then bounces to servers unavailable so I guess its still down.

You have Jones who is one of the co-founders net worth estimated at $3 Billion and a company that has early estimates at $500 Million a year with roughly 750 employees yet we get a "Temporarily at max capacity" message from one of the if not the most publicized, promoted, covered game sequel in years......and it hasn't even been what; two weeks?
Old 09-12-17, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Old 09-12-17, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
On an unrelated note (as far as we know), Bungie also announced it will be removing an item from Destiny 2 due to an unintentional reference to a hate symbol.
Here's the symbol they're removing, and the hate symbol it resembles.

[size]
Spoiler:

Old 09-12-17, 06:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Sooo has anyone seen a gun with firefly perk on it

Hung Jury with firefly was straight beast in pve on D1
Old 09-12-17, 06:48 PM

Nevermind looks like the perk is now called Dragonfly
Old 09-12-17, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did my first D2 strike tonight.

Both guys I played with were 20's(I'm a 16).

Wasn't bad
Old 09-13-17, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

First night not too bad...we made it to Level 8...getting to Titan doing two missions but still stuff to do on Earth. We were able to get into quite a few Public Events.

Overall I think Bungie did a great job with more polish and details with maps, places, enemies opening up everything more. The Opening Story was done really well and strung out just about right; not too short or long. Excellent infusion of your past....not saying anymore.

I went with t he Hunter though I liked all three from the first. Still too early on the abilities not to mention the "Commerce Section" of materials and items needed which was a issue I had with the first. Menus got a boost yet still familiar. If one area seems to be down, it's the Guardians "Attire' which has a pastel look versus how they appeared in the first. While the areas, surroundings, environment all look stunning it seems their look has been taken down a notch or two. They need a bit more..."Pop".

Overall I see an improvement with the map size, overall look with more detail, combat and loot drop. The story is more driven with more involved that sort of has a Star Wars parallel with The Resistance vs The Empire line. Still more on my part but will see how Bungie continues this.

Last edited by K&AJones; 09-13-17 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-13-17, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got to level 20 last night and wrapped up the campaign. It was a fun ride while it lasted. In the next couple nights, I'm hoping to get together with some Daggers to knock out a Nightfall.
Old 09-13-17, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I haven't played for a bit, and won't be able to for a few more days, but I have hit level 20 though I'm still a ways off from finishing the campaign - I still haven't gotten to the final planet or gotten a sparrow.

But I have found and unlocked all my Titan sub-classes, and upgraded them all. I even have a few exotic weapons and armor - their levels are low-ish, but I suppose I can infuse them with higher level stuff.

This game is definitely more generous with the loot than the last game.
Old 09-13-17, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think I'll farm for rep on Io today. Really digging the Warlock armor set:

Old 09-13-17, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Took Dave's advice (Killer) and spammed the Public Events on Titan....Level 14 with a hair from 15 at Power Level 152.....but need to get back to story which I am liking.

I got one Exotic Chest pc doing a mission but is there something the Gunsmith gives where you need to break one down along with some other items to get another exotic?
Old 09-13-17, 06:42 PM

Raid beaten

Took the team 6 hours

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.