Reload this Page >

Diablo II: Resurrected (9/23/2021)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-11-21, 08:45 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts

This seems as best place to put this since no thread I saw. But, for those that preordered the remastered Diablo II, open beta starts Friday. What’s that you get to play game to certain point to get taste? See if you want to cancel or not . Seems odd to give beta when not charged, but I guess goes open on 8/20 for free anyway…

The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (08-12-21)
Old 08-11-21, 11:28 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: Diablo 2 1.10 Beta Now Available

WHAT YEAR IS THIS?!?!

I know I'm old but geeez.
steebo777 (08-12-21)
Old 08-12-21, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

By the way...those who do pre-order will get to try all four Characters and try the up to 7 player co-op....the open beta following week one can try two characters...I think Act 1 and 2 will be open as well.

In case haven't seen the official D2: Resurrected Announcement Trailer....

Last edited by K&AJones; 08-12-21 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-12-21, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts

I just preordered on PS5. Figured for $40, why not give the remake a shot? I certainly got every cent's worth out of Diablo 3.
Old 08-12-21, 06:48 PM

I’m off tomorrow. So def gonna gives this a few minutes. But still working and loving Darksiders.
Old 08-13-21, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I PO'd but the Beta is not showing up in my Library, in Downloads, Store or anywhere...no Icon in the menu. I did the PO on Back4Blood and got a Beta Icon with countdown on it in the menu but so far nothing...

After finding out some details and seeing some who played the Beta, I might end up cancelling my PO which is a shame since I've been waiting for this awhile. But players are already ticked about the Lobbies and no communication...but I actually did not know the Loot is Shared...not like it is in Diablo 3....basically like it is in Path of Exile; first come, first serve.....For a game that's being promoted to "Be able to coop with seven players"...that's a recipe for a disaster and some ticked off players unless you can get several friends to play. I hate Shared Loot games...which is why I play Path of Exile solo. The Loot System combined with a greedy insane priced Marketplace just is bad anti-MP.....
Old 08-13-21, 11:07 PM

That opening cinematic was intense and those characters looked more real than in any game I have seen. I started as a Sorceress, duly named Ms. OldBoy. Not sure what that means, but I guess I’ll find out. A lot of things are locked until the full game out. Don’t like that. Don’t even show it then. Whatever. I’ll get into the action tomorrow, I hope.
Old 09-21-21, 06:35 PM

No reviews yet for D2: Resurrected less than 2 days out?
Old 09-21-21, 06:39 PM

It's the same game it was 20 years ago, just with prettier graphics. It will get good reviews, but there are no surprises here. It is what it is. Felt a little antiquated to me, and a step back for Diablo 3, much less user=friendly. Much more inventory management. I still bought it out of nostalgia. But if you don't love Diablo 3, there's NO reason to buy Diablo 2.
Old 09-21-21, 06:55 PM

I have it, but actually haven’t played it yet. I know I should. Like Dark Souls. Luckily only got disc version for $12 or something. Should really play these games before I buy more of them. I’m like obsessed with digital games.

So you’re saying D3 was step back from D2 or other way around? Your words were a little confusing.

Which is more user friendly?
Old 09-21-21, 07:03 PM

Diablo 3 is more user-friendly by a mile. Way easier to play, much less inventory management, much easier to control and see what's happening. Not even close. Plus a much more "friendly" online mode.

The Update to D2 makes it look much better than it did, but it still doesn't look nearly as good as D3 (except for the totally redone cutscenes).

If you haven't played D3 a lot and really love it, I would suggest holding off on D2. It isn't nearly as enjoyable an experience. I really, really love D3 (and I did also really like D2 back in the day), so I went ahead and ordered this game.
K&AJones (09-22-21)
Old 09-21-21, 07:05 PM

This explains some of the differences between the two games.

OldBoy (09-21-21)
Old 09-21-21, 07:24 PM

Seems D2 steeper curve. How do you get all your items and upgrade stuff with gameplay so freaking frenetic? Is there no time to relax and explore stuff? I thought I heard that with these top down scrollers…

Last edited by OldBoy; 09-22-21 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-24-21, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Diablo 3 is more user-friendly by a mile. Way easier to play, much less inventory management, much easier to control and see what's happening. Not even close. Plus a much more "friendly" online mode.

The Update to D2 makes it look much better than it did, but it still doesn't look nearly as good as D3 (except for the totally redone cutscenes).

If you haven't played D3 a lot and really love it, I would suggest holding off on D2. It isn't nearly as enjoyable an experience. I really, really love D3 (and I did also really like D2 back in the day), so I went ahead and ordered this game.
I agree that Diablo 3 is a much user friendly game. I know this game is over 20 years old but the gaming experience is much harsher on the gamer. I really don’t like the item management and the skills tree. D3 felt more intuitive.

I bought the game on the recent sale for 30% and started it. I will finish it off but definitely won’t be logging in the big amount of hours like I did for D3.
K&AJones (10-25-21)
Old 10-25-21, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I agree that Diablo 3 is a much user friendly game. I know this game is over 20 years old but the gaming experience is much harsher on the gamer. I really don’t like the item management and the skills tree. D3 felt more intuitive.

I bought the game on the recent sale for 30% and started it. I will finish it off but definitely won’t be logging in the big amount of hours like I did for D3.

I really wanted to get this and had high hopes for it...but off the bat there ws issues known about the Lobby, Communication, getting into games and the Loot System.....so bad that on the official forums Console Players were cancelling their PO's left & right.....PC Players had no such issues and clearly the Remastered was meant for them....and last week there's been a constant Server Issue and players on all sides are demanding refunds....it's sad....

If you really have the 'Diablo Style Itch of Game to Play...I suggest Path of Exile especially with the new season dropping in a few days....The Character choices and build variations are second to none...a bit of a learning and understanding curve, Loot System is not shared but its fun...

Old 03-15-22, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected (9/23/2021)

I’m probably the only one in the forum besides Buzz, that’s playing this. I never played the original when it came out so it took me a little longer to get used to it after coming from Diablo 3. After a rough start, I’m enjoying it and I can see why people fell in love with this game.

I’m using the Paladin in my regular play and Necromancer in Hardcore. I need to get to Nightmare or Hell level because the loot drops really sucks on Normal.

I’m at level 24 on Hardcore play using the Necromancer. I’m going for that level 99 on Hardcore trophy although it may take me years to get it lol! If I ever get Platinum, it will be the hardest trophy that I ever attempted. I’m still on Normal mode with Nightmare and Hell modes still to come.
Old 03-15-22, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 165 Posts

Any word when we see patch 2.4 on the console? I want to play a zookeeper druid since you can summon all pets. Also the new mercenaries update is cool, I like to try out Act 5 barbarian.
Old 03-16-22, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dom56
Any word when we see patch 2.4 on the console? I want to play a zookeeper druid since you can summon all pets. Also the new mercenaries update is cool, I like to try out Act 5 barbarian.
The patch is not even active for PC as they are testing it right now. If they follow the Diablo 3 route with Seasons, that means consoles would probably get it much later.

BTW, I can’t connect to Battle.net as it seems to be down right now.
Old 03-16-22, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 03-16-22, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice timing! I guess I have to play offline in the meantime.
Old 03-16-22, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The servers were supposed to be up by 7pm local time but it’s 8:40pm and they are still down.

Thanks Blizzard as I’m now installing Elden Ring!
Old 03-18-22, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dom56

I started out with my first character, a Druid Pet Summoner......it's fun and all but has issues on sustainability and survivability. Your Pets...I had three Crows and five Wolves out...don't have a lot of health and they are basically up front doing and taking the damage. If you don't stay up on it you'll end up with just one or two Wolves and thats the end of it. But...there is a Elemental druid...which I'm trying to work on...that uses Wind that's darn pretty strong. But you have to weave in other skills till you start to hit it's potential around 29-31. I suggest looking that build up.

I also have a Barbarian and he's a tank...just like the one in D3...uses shouts and warcrys to help sustain and survive while dealing damage.. Not the fastest but use a companion with range and it helps...use one tha deal Freeze/Cold, that helps barb even better.

My main is a Necromancer Skeleton Summoner and the Skeletons are no joke; they're fast and go after anything that moves. I'm about Level 31 with him and in middle somewhere in Act 4. I use him to grab loot and hand down to the other characters and/or companions...Besides Barb have a Sorceress and Paladin. The Paladine is suppose to be the Best All-Around with good defense and offense. Soceress can be but with a specific elemental build you run the risk of running into enemies that are immune to that lement. There's a Hybride Elemental Build using both Fire and Ice I'm trying to get to.

I've chatted with Loren but I'm up for a group run if need to or help get thru...some bosses are the pits and will give you fits. I know the really good stuff...like legendary...drops at 50 and above and some just run with a group and just farm certain areas so everyone can get something since the loot is first come.
Old 03-20-22, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For anyone on PS4/PS5 and is playing or thinking about it and maybe wanting to start another or new character...I really need to clean out my stash and have some good gear for characters around Level 2-10 I'll give......all my characters are 24 and above but I've held on to the stuff in case I want to start a Assassin or Amazon....not sure on those but I got to get rid of some stuff no matter what. D2 uses the same Stash as Path of Exile as to the size of items takes up the small blocks and hate it. Shield, Two Hand Weapons and of course Body Armor take up the most....
Old 03-20-22, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey Buzz! I was careless with my Hardcore Level 34 Summoner Necromancer and lost him while trying to hit
Spoiler:
Diablo
for the second time. I'm so mad at myself as I lost of all my progress and gear from this past week. I was leveling up to hit
Spoiler:
Baal

I went back to playing my Paladin that is Level 26 but it definitely plays differently and I don't like it. I miss my skeletons! That was my third attempt with the Necromancer in Hardcore. I know that I chose the right character for Hardcore but the Summoner Necro is so squishy against
Spoiler:
Diablo
. His elemental hits hard and it's really difficult to dodge them. I have Decriptify on him but he's able to release some hits and my army and mercenary don't stand a chance.

I still want to get in a raid especially with my Hardcore but I'm going back to work and I don't know when I will be able to play again. My next time off won't be until July. I still plan to start up my Necromancer again on the weekend. The managing of the gear is so painful in this game.
Old 03-21-22, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yea...one downfall on Necro is...you rely on Minions which unless you have dead bodies around, cannot raise....and I've yet to see anyone go-toe-to-toe for the full length against Diablo.....you need before engaging...pop a Portal like on one side just outside his range. Using Decriptify is correct...but I use a Merc Archer with Cold/Frozen...she helps slow any enemies up front to help Skeletons...I also invested some points in Resist for Skeletons...I also use "Amplify Curse" majority of the time. If it's a big enemy or several, I first hit with Decriptify and then Amplify. Now when you start losing Skeletons best make a beeline to Portal and then regroup...just go anywhere, kill enemies, raise skeletons (and grab Merc if they died, rinse and repeat. Just make sure sure to stock on Mana and health Before in case you get zapped....I pop a portal on every boss just outside and around the corner of their range.....

I got all my other characters done with Act 3 defeating Mephisto...it was good to try and gage ech one on their strengths and playstyle. Paladine is a bit different but no doubt has the best Defense choices...I have a point in each of the Elemental and several in Shield. I use Blessed hammer as main with a Wiz Merc using Cold and Freeze...I just keep a Defense up and throw Hammers but you can drain mana pretty fast. I do have a Rune with Mana Regen....with Druid I'm in the fire tree with Firestorm and Fissure and those are pretty strong. Keep Sage Oak up for health and throw out three Crows to pester enemies...and also use a Cold Wiz....Sorceress is a Glass Cannon but she basically took down Mephisto alone using Fire. No doubt Range Characters have a advantage...which is why I'm 50/50 on starting a Amazon...not sure yet.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.