Reload this Page >

NBA 2K17 Getting Special Kobe Bryant "Legend Edition"

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NBA 2K17 Getting Special Kobe Bryant "Legend Edition"

Old 07-12-16, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,444 Posts
Re: NBA 2K17 Getting Special Kobe Bryant "Legend Edition"

Actually this was my first year playing as a center and they made racking up VC points much easier with all the picks you can set. Then it's child's play to call for the ball once you get some offense down. My biggest problem with MyPlayer (after that horrific Spike Lee stuff in year one) are the stat caps. I don't need my guy to be an all time great right off the bat, but I'd like to eventually get there.

Also, if you're a big guy you can scoop up rebounds without putting anything into the rebounding stat when you play against the computer, but you'll be manhandled in PVP, which is where that stat comes into play. You'll also be stripped every single time you're in the post with the ball, I don't care if you max ball handling. That's why I haven't played much online.

The game actually makes it seem like the team you get drafted to doesn't really want you, and you can basically pick after year one anyway so don't sweat who you get drafted to. And I'm not sure if it still works but download the free mynba game, you get free VC from it which is super important especially early on.
Old 07-12-16, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by House
Did your Pacers team make the playoffs? Somehow mine did. I was already to go to a new time, and then boom I gotta play playoff games now. I guess its extra VC though to boost my guy.
Yep, but I think I lost one playoff game and that was it for the first season. If I'm remembering correctly, which isn't often

I play as SG and I don't find it too bad on the Cavs. I boosted all my shooting attributes, so I'm fairly deadly from long range.
Old 07-12-16, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts

If I get 2K17 (I'm a whore for this series), I'd probably get the regular edition with George on the cover.

Kobe's retired now and would only be in a Lakers legends team anyways (as I said in the previous page).

My incentive would be to either do the new career mode or play with the Lakers youngsters.

As for 2K16, I liked the game a lot, but haven't really played much in the last few months. I started a career mode the last I played it and was drafted by the Nuggets, but then traded to the Lakers for Brandon Bass. I was having a pretty good rookie season the last I played it.
Old 07-12-16, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

If 2K17 has the same shitty career mode, I might just play with the regular/"real" teams instead.
Old 07-13-16, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk God

So, I wasn't planning on getting the Legend edition as I stated above.

However, I just looked at Amazon and they have a pretty decent pre-order deal for it, so I decided to go for it.

The MSRP for the Kobe Legend Edition is $79.99. Amazon is discounting it to $67.99 for Pre-Orders. I'm a Prime Member and they also threw in an extra $4 off.

So I managed to get it for $63.99 plus tax. Actually not too bad for a special edition.
Old 07-13-16, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
So, I wasn't planning on getting the Legend edition as I stated above.

However, I just looked at Amazon and they have a pretty decent pre-order deal for it, so I decided to go for it.

The MSRP for the Kobe Legend Edition is $79.99. Amazon is discounting it to $67.99 for Pre-Orders. I'm a Prime Member and they also threw in an extra $4 off.

So I managed to get it for $63.99 plus tax. Actually not too bad for a special edition.
Yeah, prime has 20% off preorders. I will probably wait for Black Friday and pickup the normal version for $25-$30. I haven't played enough 2k16 to buy 2k17 on day 1.
Old 07-13-16, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Geez there's a hundred dollar edition that adds a lenticular cover and a bunch of digital items (a lot more VC, a guaranteed Jordan my pack, 24 Kobe shoes, etc). They're really milking it, and while I love special editions I just don't see the digital stuff to be worth it. I barely customize the shoes my player wears anyway because I don't even notice them.

And I hate those card modes in sports games.
Old 07-13-16, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I actually do want one of the Kobe versions but all the extras don't mean much to me. Even the $80 one.
Old 07-13-16, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Yeah, I actually do want one of the Kobe versions but all the extras don't mean much to me. Even the $80 one.
As I said, it's currently $64 at Amazon if you pre-order it. That's only slightly above regular price for the regular edition.
Old 07-13-16, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya
As I said, it's currently $64 at Amazon if you pre-order it. That's only slightly above regular price for the regular edition.
I'm well aware, but that also means the regular version is $47.99.
Old 07-14-16, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Spoiler:

The NBA 2K17 Legend Edition Gold includes:

Physical Items:
•Limited-edition Kobe poster
•Black Mamba controller skin
•2 Panini Kobe trading cards

Digital Content:
•100,000 Virtual Currency
•MyTEAM Bundle + (including 3 packs with a guaranteed Kobe Bryant card)
•2K Kobe XI shoe
•Kobe #8 Mitchell & Ness Jersey
•Kobe hoodie

Yeah, I think I will pass on this $100 dollar edition as well. There's nothing that interest me enough to shell out another 20 bucks for it.
Old 07-14-16, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a trading card maker named after a sandwich? wtf?

Hopefully they let us max out our myplayers this year. My 2k16 myplayer stats are a joke when the game kept telling me how I was the next great...
Old 07-14-16, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I always save up all the VC I have for attributes and the occasional dunk/jump shot. When that's done I save up thinking I'll put it into a second player at a different position (which never happens). I don't think I've ever bought gear with it, but I guess that and the card game are gold mines for iap.

Put in something physical like a Mcfarlane statue or something and I'd probably get it. But digital shoes and a hoodie?

I fear the day that they go all in with the mobile iap model and get super stingy with the VC
Old 07-19-16, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/19/122...ague-expansion

NBA 2K17's career mode will introduce the ability to expand the current 30-team league to 36 clubs, a first for any licensed team sports video game, the game's senior producer said today on Operation Sports.

Until now, sports video games with career modes have allowed users to relocate franchises or realign their divisional structure. NBA 2K17 will be the first to add new franchises and incorporate them into the scheduling, draft, free agency and other complex parts of a league's off-the-court administration.

League customization options will also allow users to insert edited or rebranded NBA teams, classic teams (i.e., ones from past seasons with rosters of retired stars) or teams from the Euroleague.

Senior producer Erick Boenisch said NBA 2K17 will come with 10 pre-packaged, fictitious expansion clubs that are ready to fill out a 36-team league. Complete team designs can be created with the NBA 2K online toolkit to be shared and downloaded as well for expansion teams. That means, among other things, the Seattle SuperSonics can return to the NBA.
That might get some Seattle folks to buy this
Old 07-20-16, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I've been hoping for an expansion feature in these sports games for a long time. Although there was a baseball game that had it back in the early 2000s (All-Star Baseball by Acclaim?). Hopefully they've have the draft and everything.

But geez, do you have to add 6? Why not just have 2 and then realign to 8x4 like the NFL?
Old 08-22-16, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

NBA 2K17 World Premiere Video.

Old 09-09-16, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The start of NBA 2K17’s story mode is now available to download.

Get an early jump on MyCareer in NBA 2K17 by downloading “The Prelude” now for free on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. The Prelude also includes the new “2KU” tutorial and MyPlayer creation and customization. A look at the very first game played in NBA 2K17's MyCareer story mode. "Midnight Mania" with one of the 10 licensed universities that can be chosen from: Arizona, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Kansas, Louisville, Michigan State, Oklahoma, UConn, Wake Forest.

The mobile companion app MyNBA2K17 is out now as well for Android and iOS and ties into The Prelude by allowing you to scan your face and upload it into the game for MyPlayer characters plus earn bonus VC daily. You must have an NBA 2K17 save on your account (logging into The Prelude counts) for any functionality with the app to work.
Old 09-09-16, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow I'm ugly. I must've rescanned my face 5 times.

So which edition are you guys getting? I'm leaning towards standard, but if I'm going to do that I can probably wait a month and get it for cheaper.
Old 09-09-16, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As a lifelong Lakers fan, I getting the 80 dollar Kobe edition. There's just not enough stuff I'm interested in to spring for the 100 dollar version.
Old 09-09-16, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 235 Likes on 171 Posts

Standard. Don't care about VC and I don't play the Myplayer or Myteam modes at all.
Old 09-10-16, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 374 Likes on 279 Posts

I don't care about the digital stuff either, but as a Lakers fan, I might have to upgrade.

Also, if the full game is anything like the Prelude, they nailed it. I completely forgot about "Freq" and his ridiculous story. Thanks for nothing, Spike Lee.

Oh and it sounds like they finally got rid of the ridiculous voice for your my player character. Unless it's the same dude just toned down. The presentation is still great. Really looking forward to this.
Old 09-14-16, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have to say they did a really good job extracting the prelude out of the game and giving it to us early. It's terrible as a game demo on it's own, but if you're already familiar with the franchise it's great.

Guy on tv and the beat writers absolutely hate me though. I don't know what they expect the player to do in six minute halves with games going like 30 - 24. Double doubled, got the A+ teammate rating, stayed in front of people on d and won the game and all the comments are how much I suck.
Old 09-15-16, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 374 Likes on 279 Posts

Really? I was scoring 15 a game, sometimes lower. Then I'd have a few assists and boards. They'd always adore me. I was a lottery pick.
Old 09-16-16, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just picked up my copy of NBA 2K17 Legend Edition and the Black Mamba controller skin that was in the box was nothing but a sticker. I don't want to put a sticker on my controller. I thought it was going to be a simulated leather skin, not a blasted sticker! Twenty bucks up a cat's ass!
Old 09-16-16, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Really? I was scoring 15 a game, sometimes lower. Then I'd have a few assists and boards. They'd always adore me. I was a lottery pick.
I didn't see a way to get 15 in the short time I was out there unless I ball hogged a lot. And as a center, I didn't get any assists. The weird thing is my assessment got upgraded to lottery pick even as these Steven A. Smiths tore me apart.

I didn't realize just how much they boost your rating to make college easier. My big guy was running all over the court, but I'm sure he will slow way down when he's at the NBA level and his 55 rating really shows.

I've been saving the last game of prelude until the game was set to come out, I'll play it today and hope my copy from BB comes promptly.

With the new specialization system and attribute caps, it took me a while to figure out what to try. I wish they let you sample them. I was tempted by a playmaking pg, but figured I'd better learn the nuances of the controls first, so started with a glass cleaning center. What did you guys try?

Lastly the phone app keeps logging me out, and because I have no confidence in PSN security my password is non trivial. Such a hassle, I hope that gets fixed.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.