Reload this Page >

Clash Royale - Android & IOS

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Clash Royale - Android & IOS

Old 08-20-16, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 374 Likes on 279 Posts
Re: Clash Royale - Android & IOS

Yeah I stopped playing and don't miss it either.

Totally bs game.
Old 08-25-16, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I still don't have any legendaries I'm chugging along, it stopped caring as much about losses and feel like i'm playing more casually now which has helped my temper.
Old 08-25-16, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts

The matchmaking on this is definitely set up based on how you are doing, good or bad. I dropped down all the way to 2000. I am lvl 9. When I was at 2700, I was only facing 9's and 10's. Now I am facing 7's and 8's again.
Old 08-25-16, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I still don't have any legendaries I'm chugging along, it stopped caring as much about losses and feel like i'm playing more casually now which has helped my temper.
Me either, but I do face plenty of them. I went to play for my crown chest the other day and out of the 7-8 games it took me to get it, I played against 1 Lava hound, 1 miner and the rest Sparky's.

I could tell right then that my 2300 trophies were going down. They in fact knocked me down to less than 1900 trophies. I have got myself back to 2200, but that's as far as it will currently let me go. I need to learn to let go of this game as I get pissed off every time I go against someone with a lava hound or sparky.
Old 08-25-16, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I see sparkys and they usually destroy me.
Old 08-26-16, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

I've only fought one sparky (i was destroyed).
I have a lava hound but its only level 1 and doesnt do much for me.
Old 08-26-16, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I actually got all the way up to 2450 trophies last night while going for my crown chest. But by the time I finished getting it I was back down to less than 2100 trophies. I keep having to go against lava's and sparkys. I also notice if I see a sparky in one game, I will more than likely see another in the very next game. Same goes for the lava hound.

Another thing that pisses me off and this has been an issue with Clash of Clans also, the trophy system. There should be some set standard as to how many trophies you win or lose. Here lately I have had a lot of games where I have only been winning 18-22 trophies yet I lose 29-40 trophies.
Old 09-22-16, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

It took the addition of legendary chests for me to finally get one, a lava hound. Hope those and epic chests drop regularly.

I've been holding steady around the 2300-2400 range. I haven't had as many terrible streaks lately.
Old 09-22-16, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I made it as high as 2700+ trophies only to be knocked back down to 2300 trophies. I'm currently hanging around 2500-2600 trophies. I finally unlocked the lava hound a week or two ago but have only used it a couple of times as I seem to do best with my current deck. They seem to have handed out quite a few sparky's recently as I seem to face one every 2-3 games and then they are usually back to back.

I still have 5-6 cards left to unlock, not including the upcoming cards. Speaking of which, has anyone tried mega minion yet? I tried it one time and dropped it as I hated it. And to be a "rare" card mine is already level 3.
Old 12-09-16, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone still playing this? I still play it quite regularly but here lately I am struggling with figuring out how to beat the Lava Hounds. Any ideas on what works best?

Also, still have got next to nothing on the legendary cards.
Old 12-09-16, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Still active in the small DVDTalk clan. For Lava Hounds, my deck happens to still have 3 air attackers (Wizard, Musketeer, and Baby Dragon) which helps. But those and Sparky are a pain in my ass.
Old 12-09-16, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Still active in the small DVDTalk clan. For Lava Hounds, my deck happens to still have 3 air attackers (Wizard, Musketeer, and Baby Dragon) which helps. But those and Sparky are a pain in my ass.
I keep the Musketeer and have tried to attack their base on the opposite side, but my troops end up getting blocked/killed before get over there. For Sparky I keep the rocket on hand. It's the only sure fire way to get rid of it. I use to see Sparky's all the time, but now it seems Lava Hounds and Hog Riders seem to be the most popular attack cards that I run across.
Old 07-18-18, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I must hate myself because I recently reinstalled this game. I don't play many phone games, but I needed to kill a couple of hours one day and this is the first thing that came to mind. Honestly it was kinda awesome to take a year or so off, because I'm hooked again. Just made it to just over 3,000 trophies (my highest ever) and now battling in arena 10. I also think they are a little more lenient on cards now because I've scored 3 legendary cards in just under a month. Anyways, if you took a break from the game for awhile like I did it's worth checking out again. The 2 v 2 mode is a lot less frustrating too.