Re: Clash Royale - Android & IOS

Originally Posted by fumanstan
So that's why you broke your phone? Awesome
Yup.
Old 06-24-16, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm loving this new deck. Now up to 2500 trophies with only one loss today.
Old 06-24-16, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I'm loving this new deck. Now up to 2500 trophies with only one loss today.
What is it?
Old 06-24-16, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 374 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I broke my phone because of this game. I was up to 1800+ in trophies, and i went on a streak of like 10 losses in a row. I was so pissed, I chucked my phone and shattered the screen. Bottom line is, if you are going to get pissed at the game, don't throw your phone.
I came close to doing that. That's why I stopped. I think the system is rigged.
Old 06-27-16, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What is it?
Barbarians lv9
Goblin Hut lv7
Hog Rider lv6
Inferno Tower lv7
Ice Wizard lv1
Spear Goblin lv9
Archers lv9

and then I pretty much rotate the last card between

Miner lv1
Goblin Barrel lv3
or Fireball lv6

The game has been fun but I'm starting to get worn out and haven't really been itching to play much lately. Right now I have three empty chest slots and unlocking my last golden chest. So I'll probably take a break for a bit and just open the free chests and wait for the next update hoping they add some new cards.
Old 07-11-16, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

i keep playing this game and just keep doing worse and worse even though im upgrading my units. I'm all the way back to PEKKAs playhouse or whatever that level is called, haha.
The local tournament thing was crap. I played 4 rounds and just got destroyed by higher level players (likely hacking unless there is a legit way to have 3 of the legendary tanks on the field at once)
Old 07-11-16, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk God

I completely changed my deck and I'm waxing everyone now.

What I'm using:
Pekka (lvl 4)
Dragon (lvl 3)
Wizard (lvl 6)
Witch (lvl 3)
Valk (lvl 6)
Fireball (lvl 7)
Minion horde (lvl 9)
Freeze (lvl 3)

Pekka with a wiz or witch behind is beastly. He tanks and the wiz knocks out any horde type enemies. Only downside is pekka is easily distracted toward buildings if you drop them while he is headed to a tower. So far, it's allowed me to jump up over 2000. I'm finally getting lvl 7 arena chests.
Old 07-11-16, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
i keep playing this game and just keep doing worse and worse even though im upgrading my units. I'm all the way back to PEKKAs playhouse or whatever that level is called, haha.
The local tournament thing was crap. I played 4 rounds and just got destroyed by higher level players (likely hacking unless there is a legit way to have 3 of the legendary tanks on the field at once)
I feel your pain. After being dropped all the way down to the 1300's range, I played around with my deck as nothing I was using seemed to work for more than a match or two. And for the first time I surpassed the 1700 trophy mark yesterday and reached the 1800 range only to be knocked down 400 trophies just trying to get my crown chest.

It's to the point where I am contemplating dropping this game as it has becoming increasingly frustrating to play when it feels like I am stuck for long periods of time without making any progress. And another thing, as long as I have been stuck on Arena 5, I have yet to unlock the Lava Hound, Golem, Mirror or Ice Wizard. Other than the Mirror, I have never had any of those offered to purchase either.

What I'm using:
Pekka (lvl 4)
Dragon (lvl 3)
Wizard (lvl 6)
Witch (lvl 3)
Valk (lvl 6)
Fireball (lvl 7)
Minion horde (lvl 9)
Freeze (lvl 3)

Pekka with a wiz or witch behind is beastly. He tanks and the wiz knocks out any horde type enemies. Only downside is pekka is easily distracted toward buildings if you drop them while he is headed to a tower. So far, it's allowed me to jump up over 2000. I'm finally getting lvl 7 arena chests.
Just tried lining those same cards up in my deck and I see the avg. elixir cost is 4.8. A lot higher avg than I use, but I may give it a try.
Old 07-12-16, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk God

I spoke too soon. I have been getting worked. People are learning with pekkas that if you distract them with low level troops, you can swarm them.

I will say this about the game. If this isn't the most blatant pay to win model for a freemium game, I don't know what is. Unless you pay, you can't get premium cards or the volume of cards you need. Even though it clash of clans, you feel like you can compete without paying. This game, not so much.
Old 07-12-16, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, this game can be pretty shitty at times. I went down about 400 trophies over the past week trying out new decks. Then yesterday, I went 10 for 11. Now today, I'm 0-4-1.
Old 07-12-16, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I feel like the game's matchmaking is doing something to deliberately match you up with guys with decks that can counter yours. At least after you go on a small winning streak or something.
Old 07-12-16, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk God

I feel like the game's matchmaking is doing something to deliberately match you up with guys with decks that can counter yours. At least after you go on a small winning streak or something.
I agree with this completely. They must be using some sort of algorithm to determine an opponent with high chance of winning to prevent people dominating.
Old 07-12-16, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

how did you get the PEKKA to level 4? isnt level 3->4 like 10 cards?
I changed my deck up and started using furnaces and fire spirits. its really annoying for the opponent so even if i lose, i still have fun.
Old 07-12-16, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I struggle mightily with the Lava Hound and when I run into one person using it, I usually end up playing someone else with it the next 2-3 games. Same goes for the Golem, though I have gotten better at defending against it. Now I need to learn how to defend against sparky.

I changed my deck up and started using furnaces and fire spirits. its really annoying for the opponent so even if i lose, i still have fun.
I use the furnace also. It's good for taking out minions and spear goblins. Plus it's also a great distraction for hog riders, balloons and giants.
Old 07-12-16, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk God

i didn't upgrade any cards for like 3 weeks, so i had a huge stash of gold. i had accumulated like 7 of them somehow and then they were on one of the sunday specials. i bought 3 and upgraded.

people that are lvl 9 mostly know how to deal with pekkas. lvl 7's rarely do and 8's are about 50/50.

i think my biggest gripe with this game is how characters act. numerous times i've had one of my characters literally right next to the tower. as in the next step and it's attack. someone will throw down something, anything behind or near my character (usually a pekka), and then it distracts the pekka away from the tower. that's complete bullshit. if the character is locked onto a target, it needs to go at that target. no turning around or pausing. i hate that with a passion.
Old 07-15-16, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i think my biggest gripe with this game is how characters act. numerous times i've had one of my characters literally right next to the tower. as in the next step and it's attack. someone will throw down something, anything behind or near my character (usually a pekka), and then it distracts the pekka away from the tower. that's complete bullshit. if the character is locked onto a target, it needs to go at that target. no turning around or pausing. i hate that with a passion.
i hate that on the opposite side. when a witch or wizard is attacking a tower and i drop some fire spirits by them and they turn away from the tower and kill the spirits before they can explode
Old 07-15-16, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk God

What I'm using:
Pekka (lvl 4)
Dragon (lvl 3)
Wizard (lvl 6)
Witch (lvl 3)
Valk (lvl 6)
Fireball (lvl 7)
Minion horde (lvl 9)
Freeze (lvl 3)

after running with this for a while, i was getting opponent after opponent who would drop defensive items (cannon, inferno tower, etc) to distract the pekka. so i swapped out the witch with ice wizard. i usually drop the ice wizard right behind the pekka. he slows down flying units and does some damage but it also slows down any ground troops. has been working better. i am hovering right around 2000. usually within 100 above or below it.
Old 07-16-16, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Finally got a super magical chest...All the rares were freeze spells, what a waste.
Old 07-16-16, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just got the Lumberjack. I'll see if I can work him in my current deck.
Old 07-16-16, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I faced off against someone yesterday with the log. Is there anything that I can use to defend against it, or is it like the fireball, lightning, etc. where there is nothing you can do to stop it?

Also, after mentioning not having received certain cards the other day, I finally unlocked the mirror and the elixir pump card. I worked my way back up past 1700 trophies only to be knocked back down to <1500 trophies.
Old 07-16-16, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty sure you can't stop the log. I faced a guy who had the bowler. It does damage and pushes you away too. Pita
Old 07-16-16, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Dash
Finally got a super magical chest...All the rares were freeze spells, what a waste.
One of my favorite cards. I would love to have a chest full of them.
Old 08-20-16, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone still playing this? I hung in there and made it to 2300 trophies only to be knocked back down to 2100. Couple of bitch points...

1) Despite making it to arena 8, I have yet to unlock a single legendary card. I am constantly playing against players with troops I have yet to unlock.

2) Every since I have been level 8 I have been playing more level 9 players by a very wide margin than any other level. They have even started throwing level 10 players at me and I have yet to even make it to level 9(few hundred points away). So it has been to my disadvantage nearly every game.

3) That Sparky card seems way to over powered. The only way I have been able to defend against it is with the minion hoard, but that's only if I am able to get those to it since other players are putting wizards/witches behind it to eliminate any threats.

My biggest nemesis is still the lava hound. I have only beaten it a couple of times and that was the other player did not know how to properly play with it. Miners are a bitch too as they seem to take a lot to defeat him.
Old 08-20-16, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Still playing. Was up to nearly 2800 but lost or tied 11 in a row, so I am hovering about 2450.

I too was getting 9's and 10's when I was an 8. Sucks, but you can overcome. I am lvl 9 now. When I was an 8 and even now, I seem to do better with lvl 10's for some odd reason. That seems to tell me those are pay to win players with less skill.

I agree sparky is a bitch. My strategy is to have freeze and minion horde together. Freeze then horde it. Big pekka can tank it, but shit behind it gets hit too.

I have 4 legendary cards (sparky, ice wiz, fire archer and lumberjack). I only use ice wiz. If you see someone with any lvl 2 legendary or higher, they are most likely pay to win players.
Old 08-20-16, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I deleted it about a month ago and never looked back. The frustration level was always more than the satisfaction level, so that was a sign to move on.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.