Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-01-16, 07:10 AM   -   Wikipost
DVD Talk Forum Thread Wiki: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JuryDuty
Tips for new players:
  • Unless you're into spending money, don't ever buy data packs (except the first Chromium--it guarantees you a character; you buy it with crystals).
  • Once in a great while you'll get a character from a daily pack, or shards, but 45% of the characters you get will be from the various stores in the game. You can only see 1-2 when you start (Cantina and Squad Arena), but eventually you'll see another 3 or so, and they'll keep you busy grabbing character shards. The other 45% of the characters you get will be from doing hard battles...one shard at a time.
  • At the start, you really just need to keep plugging away at what you know to do. The game is great at opening up new areas when you're about ready for them. Don't even be that concerned about which characters are the "right ones." For instance, you'll probably continue to use Clone Wars Chewbacca for a while...but you'll likely abandon him by level 60 or so in favor of other characters.
  • I do highly recommend doing nothing in the Cantina except getting GS shards (Battle 1-A). Just do it over and over again until he's 7*. I camped there until he was done and then started doing more cantina battles. You'll use him way into the end game. Do one Cantina refresh every day (100 crystals).
  • In the Squad Arena (PvP), ST Han and Leia are both great choices. Again, I'd just keep farming them until they were maxed, then move on.
  • Other than that, keep doing the Light and Dark side battles. (Refresh twice each day (50 crystals each)). Right now you can just try to get through the levels, but eventually you'll want each one three stars because you'll go back to them countless times to get specific character shards so you can get a character, or to get equipment parts to make them stronger. By the way, equipment (those green pluses) make a HUGE difference--more than anything!
  • Be sure to get through your Dailies every day. That maxes your growth.
  • It's a bit frustrating early on because you want to get a bunch of characters, but if you really focus on building a strong team, they'll open the game for you.
  • Don't hesitate to use ALL your energy every single day. And if you fight a battle a second time, use a SIM if you have it. I was so concerned early on with burning through my credits and SIMs that I hoarded them. No need to do that. They all refill the following day, and by using them you grow faster.
  • These are generally considered some of the best characters in each store, in order of general preference. If you're not sure who to get, get them in this order. But don't let the idea of getting the "best" characters rule your gameplay. It's fun to play with whoever you want and sometimes unique combinations do surprisingly well:

Guild Shipments: Rey, Ewok Elder
    Arena Shipments: ST Han, Princess Leia, Admiral Ackbar
    Galactic War Shipments: Luminara, Captain Phasma, Teebo, Poggle the Lesser, IG-86 (Note: Luminara is best up to about level 75, then Phasma seems to shine more. Ultimately, you'll want both.)
    Cantina Shipments: Qui-Gon Jinn, Daka, Fives, Ahsoka
    Cantina Battles: Geonosian Soldier, Barriss, Count Dooku, Old Ben, Royal Guard, Jedi Consular, Luke Skywalker, Lando Calrissian

Print Wikipost

Old 01-20-17, 02:45 PM   #2226
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzness View Post
I still enjoy the game but GW is the grind that annoys me the most. Plenty of nights I just don't do it. I also hate how hard a time I have with both arenas. My Shards seem brutal. My Ship power is 125k+ and I have a hard time staying in the top 200. I can't break into the top 20 in the regular arena.

I still need to work on Vader he is 43/100.
GW was the worst IMO... I hated plodding thru it. Regarding ships, it's odd you're struggling so it must be the group your stuck with. I was 110k power but ranked between 135-155.
I floated between 45 and 85 for regular arena. My highest ranking was 36... which lasted about 4 minutes lol
"Do u know how hard is it to won one oscar award? now ur simply referring him to motherfucker, but he deserve huge respect, even he win nobel prize, there is no surprise in it. first of all learn respect" - Ganesh Ujwal
XBox Live = Stiffy Goat11
Old 02-19-17, 09:15 PM   #2227
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Since I know some of you may not venture into "other" I though I'd let those of you who were in the guild know that STP passed away this morning. There's a thread in Other that Story was kind enough to start.

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
Old 02-20-17, 02:31 PM   #2228
JuryDuty
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thx for the update Obey. STP will be missed. Posting to the Other thread now...

For this one:

So I've greatly dialed back on my gameplay, but because we have such a great guild, it's not an issue. We still plow through Raids, etc. I'm basically staying out of chat and playing once a day, getting all my dailies and then some. Makes playing enjoyable to not have it such a big part of my life.

I grabbed Barriss' Zeta again, and coupled her with General Kenobi. Wow--what a combo. Without any effort, I can hold my spot in Arena. I've lost my entire team and been up against a fully-healthed JK Anakin, Biggs and Wedge and win with Barriss alone, which is crazy. Her hits are weak, but since they can't heal and she basically heals every time she's hit, she just outlasts them. Takes forever though LOL...

I'm not sure who to best put with General Kenobi and Barriss. Maybe JK Anakin, zeta'd Yoda, Lumi, Ahsoka, Mace, ObiWan or Aayla...not sure...maybe I need to go the Emperor/Vader route instead...

Proud winner of DVDTalk Survivor Game: Round 4 and DVDTalk Amazing Race Game: Round 7, Round 8, and Round 13
Old 02-20-17, 05:00 PM   #2229
mh4268
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I like the guild. If I can do raid, I do it; if not, I don't. It doesn't matter. I make sure I do my 600 a day and 0 each raid no matter what. I just do what I want now, and that's all, no pressure
Old 02-20-17, 05:31 PM   #2230
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend

What's your userid in the game mh4268?
Old 02-20-17, 05:36 PM   #2231
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
What's your userid in the game mh4268?
Harmacist.

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
Old 02-20-17, 05:39 PM   #2232
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuryDuty View Post
Thx for the update Obey. STP will be missed. Posting to the Other thread now...

For this one:

So I've greatly dialed back on my gameplay, but because we have such a great guild, it's not an issue. We still plow through Raids, etc. I'm basically staying out of chat and playing once a day, getting all my dailies and then some. Makes playing enjoyable to not have it such a big part of my life.

I grabbed Barriss' Zeta again, and coupled her with General Kenobi. Wow--what a combo. Without any effort, I can hold my spot in Arena. I've lost my entire team and been up against a fully-healthed JK Anakin, Biggs and Wedge and win with Barriss alone, which is crazy. Her hits are weak, but since they can't heal and she basically heals every time she's hit, she just outlasts them. Takes forever though LOL...

I'm not sure who to best put with General Kenobi and Barriss. Maybe JK Anakin, zeta'd Yoda, Lumi, Ahsoka, Mace, ObiWan or Aayla...not sure...maybe I need to go the Emperor/Vader route instead...
I'm pretty sure I'm going to Zeta Kylo and stick him with my Jedi ZGJ GK team. He's insane.

Old 02-20-17, 05:46 PM   #2233
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey The D View Post
Harmacist.
Thanks. I didn't know he was part of the DVD Talk group.
Old 02-20-17, 09:20 PM   #2234
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

May the Force be with you, stp115.
Old 02-21-17, 08:44 AM   #2235
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Very sad to hear about stp115...
"Do u know how hard is it to won one oscar award? now ur simply referring him to motherfucker, but he deserve huge respect, even he win nobel prize, there is no surprise in it. first of all learn respect" - Ganesh Ujwal
Old 02-24-17, 09:40 AM   #2236
JuryDuty
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So I've found a new favorite team:

Gen Kenobi (lead), gear X
Barriss unique zeta'd, gear XI
Yoda unique zeta'd, gear XI
QGJ, gear XI
JK Anakin, gear VIII

Was able to just wipe out a team and end the fight with everyone in full health. First time in a long time that I've done that in Arena. May switch out QGJ for Aayla later, but she's only three stars for now...

Proud winner of DVDTalk Survivor Game: Round 4 and DVDTalk Amazing Race Game: Round 7, Round 8, and Round 13
Old 02-24-17, 10:55 AM   #2237
DVD Josh
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:

QGJ, gear XI
JK Anakin, gear VIII

Was able to just wipe out a team and end the fight with everyone in full health. First time in a long time that I've done that in Arena. May switch out QGJ for Aayla later, but she's only three stars for now...
You'd be better off with Jin as the leader for the speed bonus.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh
Old 03-02-17, 02:04 PM   #2238
davidh777
DVD Talk Hero

Every time I figure out a new way to improve my ships... I remember I don't care about ships.
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
Old 03-02-17, 02:10 PM   #2239
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Zylo in tank P1 is nuts. If I wasn't distracted today and forgot to back out before enrage my second time in, I would have done several million easily.

Old 03-02-17, 05:21 PM   #2240
JuryDuty
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
You'd be better off with Jin as the leader for the speed bonus.
I've wondered that and yet when I face a Zeta'd QGJ, I win. I think my strong health increase across all my Jedi trump his speed. Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Every time I figure out a new way to improve my ships... I remember I don't care about ships.
QFT.

Old 03-02-17, 11:15 PM   #2241
nodeerforamonth
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How do I join this guild? I can't seem to search for it.

I'm Tarte Rebro if anyone can add me.
Old 03-02-17, 11:29 PM   #2242
chase3001
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth View Post
How do I join this guild? I can't seem to search for it.

I'm Tarte Rebro if anyone can add me.
I think we are full up right now.

You should message Obey the D, as he is the only guild officer left from DVDTalk.
Old 03-03-17, 12:01 AM   #2243
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase3001 View Post
I think we are full up right now.

You should message Obey the D, as he is the only guild officer left from DVDTalk.
And I only reply via Memes.

Old 03-05-17, 06:27 PM   #2244
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend

Nodeerforamonth, are you still interested in joining our guild? A spot open up. DM Obey and he can explain to you how you may be able to join us.
Old 04-15-17, 07:28 AM   #2245
Old Dirty Fuzz

Quote:

QGJ, gear XI
JK Anakin, gear VIII

Hey JuryDuty, I have been looking for you and happened to stumble upon this forum. I am in your arena shard. There are many of us in the top 20 that have a discord group that we all communicate with each other to share payout times and such. Would you be interested in joining the group? Let me know and I'll let you know where you can PM me. Thanks.
Old 04-15-17, 10:57 AM   #2246
JuryDuty
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dirty Fuzz View Post
Hey JuryDuty, I have been looking for you and happened to stumble upon this forum. I am in your arena shard. There are many of us in the top 20 that have a discord group that we all communicate with each other to share payout times and such. Would you be interested in joining the group? Let me know and I'll let you know where you can PM me. Thanks.
Hey Fuzz,

Glad you found me. Sure, hit me up.

So my arena team now is:

Gen Kenobi (lead), gear XI
QGJ, gear XI
Darth Nihilus zeta'd, gear XI

Worked for about 4-6 weeks gearing up Aayla to XI only to discover Nihilus is a better fit. Oh well, have a slammin' Aayla now if I ever need her. :P

Hit #5 in Arena for the first time after more than a year playing yesterday. Not bad for someone who's never spent a penny in game.

Old 04-16-17, 11:20 AM   #2247
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was wondering how many of you are still playing? Are there any major updates in the last 3 months? Any new game modes? Does "ships" still suck? lol
Old 04-17-17, 07:10 AM   #2248
JuryDuty
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
Was wondering how many of you are still playing? Are there any major updates in the last 3 months? Any new game modes? Does "ships" still suck? lol
I find ships much better than they used to be only because I've begun to learn what each one does. But they're still my least favorite part of the game.

Sith are the meta now, and zetas are very common, which has changed the gameplay.

I still enjoy it quite a bit, but largely because I've forced myself to basically only play for about 20 minutes each morning, get all my dailies and then forget about it the rest of the day. I rarely engage in chats or anything about it. Only way I can enjoy it is to not allow it to take over my life.

It makes a HUGE difference in enjoyment to have a good team. When my team sucks, I wonder what the point is, but when it's doing well, I look forward to playing.

I think if I weren't in a good guild that helped me get end-game materials easier it would be extremely frustrating. I still think about quitting once in a while, and probably will eventually. But at this point it's the only handheld game I play, so I enjoy it for what it is.

Old 04-17-17, 08:54 AM   #2249
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The main difference between now and a few months ago is the ability to do activities at 4X speed. I still don't like ships, but I don't mind a battle that takes 2 minutes as opposed to 7. I also like the basic only option for auto battles. That along with the 4X speed makes GW much faster.

It was announced this weekend that there is a new mode coming, but they didn't go into any further details. They also said 2 new fan favorite toons are coming in the next few months. The way they featured Jedi Luke in the new game trailer, many assume he's one of them.

The tank raid is a piece of cake now and most in the guild will have GK to 7* in the next few weeks.

So far I have zeta'ed:
Fives
Kylo
QGJ
Cody

I have over 20 again, but I'm saving them from here on out until the next round of zeta abilities are announced.

Old 04-17-17, 08:59 AM   #2250
DVD Josh
DVD Talk Legend

I just played against my first FIVE zeta team. Zaul, Zid, Zilhus, Zavage and Zylo. His Zylo had an absolute ton of protection. It was a bloodbath.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh