Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-01-16, 07:10 AM   -   Wikipost
DVD Talk Forum Thread Wiki: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JuryDuty
Tips for new players:
  • Unless you're into spending money, don't ever buy data packs (except the first Chromium--it guarantees you a character; you buy it with crystals).
  • Once in a great while you'll get a character from a daily pack, or shards, but 45% of the characters you get will be from the various stores in the game. You can only see 1-2 when you start (Cantina and Squad Arena), but eventually you'll see another 3 or so, and they'll keep you busy grabbing character shards. The other 45% of the characters you get will be from doing hard battles...one shard at a time.
  • At the start, you really just need to keep plugging away at what you know to do. The game is great at opening up new areas when you're about ready for them. Don't even be that concerned about which characters are the "right ones." For instance, you'll probably continue to use Clone Wars Chewbacca for a while...but you'll likely abandon him by level 60 or so in favor of other characters.
  • I do highly recommend doing nothing in the Cantina except getting GS shards (Battle 1-A). Just do it over and over again until he's 7*. I camped there until he was done and then started doing more cantina battles. You'll use him way into the end game. Do one Cantina refresh every day (100 crystals).
  • In the Squad Arena (PvP), ST Han and Leia are both great choices. Again, I'd just keep farming them until they were maxed, then move on.
  • Other than that, keep doing the Light and Dark side battles. (Refresh twice each day (50 crystals each)). Right now you can just try to get through the levels, but eventually you'll want each one three stars because you'll go back to them countless times to get specific character shards so you can get a character, or to get equipment parts to make them stronger. By the way, equipment (those green pluses) make a HUGE difference--more than anything!
  • Be sure to get through your Dailies every day. That maxes your growth.
  • It's a bit frustrating early on because you want to get a bunch of characters, but if you really focus on building a strong team, they'll open the game for you.
  • Don't hesitate to use ALL your energy every single day. And if you fight a battle a second time, use a SIM if you have it. I was so concerned early on with burning through my credits and SIMs that I hoarded them. No need to do that. They all refill the following day, and by using them you grow faster.
  • These are generally considered some of the best characters in each store, in order of general preference. If you're not sure who to get, get them in this order. But don't let the idea of getting the "best" characters rule your gameplay. It's fun to play with whoever you want and sometimes unique combinations do surprisingly well:

Guild Shipments: Rey, Ewok Elder
    Arena Shipments: ST Han, Princess Leia, Admiral Ackbar
    Galactic War Shipments: Luminara, Captain Phasma, Teebo, Poggle the Lesser, IG-86 (Note: Luminara is best up to about level 75, then Phasma seems to shine more. Ultimately, you'll want both.)
    Cantina Shipments: Qui-Gon Jinn, Daka, Fives, Ahsoka
    Cantina Battles: Geonosian Soldier, Barriss, Count Dooku, Old Ben, Royal Guard, Jedi Consular, Luke Skywalker, Lando Calrissian

Print Wikipost

Old 08-19-16, 12:54 PM   #2026
davidh777
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooter View Post
@davidh777

You should still join Phase 1 just don't do damage. Only bring 1 character and it should suffer a quick beat down. I always bring Eeth and he promptly takes his hits like a champ. This will get you on the board with 0 points and will guarantee you rewards. then, wait for the P1 all clear and join in during P2-P4 (ideally P2 though if your schedule permits).

Game meta changes periodically however these characters you have or are working towards will serve you well: QGJ, GS, Lumi, Phasma, Leia, RG, and Rey. From the stores, I'd focus on QGJ from Cantina, Leia from Arena, and Phasma / Lumi from GW. You can get Rey shards from the Guild store once you join some raids. Farm GS from Cantina nodes. Having said that, I defer to Pinata, Josh and Chase as they are way better with strategy in this game than I am. I just follow their lead.
Thanks! I know the arena stuff has been discussed, and I've been doing the cannon-fodder thing with one character, but now that I have two available I wanted to clarify the hierarchy so that helps.

And cool, those are the ones I'm working on, except I have Lumi maxed out. I'm trying to build Leia before jumping in on ST Han.
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
Old 08-19-16, 12:54 PM   #2027
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

If you can't get a 7* Palpatine in the next 10 days, I'd say don't bother trying. It'll be back, might as well build towards it casually.

That said, STHan is still a great investment for all aspects of the game PLUS he pulls double Rebel/Scoundrel duty. Solid.
Old 08-19-16, 12:56 PM   #2028
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

david, you don't HAVE to do 0 damage, it's just a placeholder for you if you can't make the regular time or you're worried it'll end before you get to it.

If you're going to be free at 3pm EDT tomorrow, you might as well just save both your characters for Phase 2. You might be able to drop the door and that's where the damage really comes!
Old 08-19-16, 12:58 PM   #2029
davidh777
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
david, you don't HAVE to do 0 damage, it's just a placeholder for you if you can't make the regular time or you're worried it'll end before you get to it.

If you're going to be free at 3pm EDT tomorrow, you might as well just save both your characters for Phase 2. You might be able to drop the door and that's where the damage really comes!

Wait, I'm going to be off the grid tomorrow.
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
Old 08-19-16, 01:28 PM   #2030
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

Then do your 0 and be happy you get anything!
Old 08-19-16, 01:29 PM   #2031
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

SpatulaCity - What's going on with your account? Any chance you'll be back up to 100% any time soon?
Old 08-19-16, 01:58 PM   #2032
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do you guys have any openings in your guild? I bring a fairly solid lineup
I don't mind my guild, but lots of guys dropping or not participating. I'm always 100% in each day.
"Do u know how hard is it to won one oscar award? now ur simply referring him to motherfucker, but he deserve huge respect, even he win nobel prize, there is no surprise in it. first of all learn respect" - Ganesh Ujwal
XBox Live = Stiffy Goat11
Old 08-19-16, 02:06 PM   #2033
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

Right now, no, but I can let you know as soon as someone drops if you'd like.
Old 08-20-16, 04:39 PM   #2034
JuryDuty
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
I've just gotten in the habit of ALWAYS doing 0 damage. There have only been a couple times I completely missed the raid, but the 0 damage at least gets you some rewards.

Proud winner of DVDTalk Survivor Game: Round 4 and DVDTalk Amazing Race Game: Round 7, Round 8, and Round 13
Old 08-20-16, 07:00 PM   #2035
story
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
SpatulaCity - What's going on with your account? Any chance you'll be back up to 100% any time soon?
I haven't had a chance to fiddle with the whole guest account thing so I keep playing on my old phone and it's working for now. I do have to get it taken care of eventually. I miss a raid here and there when I have back to back meeting days or surprise things pop up at work, which happened quite a bit especially with a lot of my colleagues off campus this week.
Old 09-09-16, 12:37 PM   #2036
JasonF
DVD Talk Hero

Are there enough people around to form a second guild? The guild I'm in is falling apart and I'm looking for a new one.
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
Old 09-10-16, 11:11 AM   #2037
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Are there enough people around to form a second guild? The guild I'm in is falling apart and I'm looking for a new one.
I'm happy to put you on our wait list if you want.
Old 09-10-16, 09:41 PM   #2038
JasonF
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
I'm happy to put you on our wait list if you want.
Sure. How long is the wait list? Enough to justify a second guild (farm team)?
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
Old 09-11-16, 12:25 AM   #2039
chase3001
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Sure. How long is the wait list? Enough to justify a second guild (farm team)?
Right now it's you and Rob. I don't think if even all the DVDTalk people made an alt, we'd have enough for a full guild.
Old 09-11-16, 01:26 PM   #2040
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

Yep, Rob and now you. I'll be honest, though. Unless someone gets burned out or there's another major fiasco like when mods first hit, I doubt we'll lose anyone soon.

We've been full for over a month solid now and morale seems pretty good across the guild. We have a pretty good system going and everyone is a team player (when they don't try to be sneaky). Our raids are almost 100% full (streak of 3 going!) and people are hitting 7* on Han Solo left and right.

Pretty damn good thing we've got!
Old 09-24-16, 06:59 PM   #2041
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend

This is the only game that I have been playing for the past few months every day.
Old 10-23-16, 08:11 PM   #2042
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

Rob V - You're first on our wait list. Are you still wanting a new guild? I am opening a spot just as soon as I know who is filling it.

JasonF, you're next on the list.
Old 10-24-16, 10:55 AM   #2043
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm good now. My guild is doing a real nice job and I'm scoring Top 3-5 in all our raids.... thank you though.
"Do u know how hard is it to won one oscar award? now ur simply referring him to motherfucker, but he deserve huge respect, even he win nobel prize, there is no surprise in it. first of all learn respect" - Ganesh Ujwal
Old 10-24-16, 10:58 AM   #2044
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

Awesome! How's your Han coming along? We will have 21 complete tomorrow and those that are done get out of the way so top 10 or top 3 is very easy over here.

We just have a little ways to go for thinking about the Heroic Tank Raid again. So your guild might be stronger than ours and I would stay there if so.
Old 10-24-16, 11:43 AM   #2045
JuryDuty
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Awesome! How's your Han coming along?
My Han hits 6* today, I think. One reason I'm loving this guild--they make sure everyone gets their character! (Even if we drive Pinata batty doing it!!)

Proud winner of DVDTalk Survivor Game: Round 4 and DVDTalk Amazing Race Game: Round 7, Round 8, and Round 13
Old 10-24-16, 12:46 PM   #2046
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Awesome! How's your Han coming along? We will have 21 complete tomorrow and those that are done get out of the way so top 10 or top 3 is very easy over here.

We just have a little ways to go for thinking about the Heroic Tank Raid again. So your guild might be stronger than ours and I would stay there if so.
Ok, welp, that's a good point. I don't think my guild is strong enough to take on a 7* rancor because we never make it very far when we try.... always 6*.

So, yeah, maybe I should jump ship. What do you need from me to make that happen?
Old 10-24-16, 12:47 PM   #2047
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Our tank raid is coming along horribly... still at 76% to go after, what, 3 days now?

lol... I guess my guild is kinda weak in retrospect.
Old 10-24-16, 01:50 PM   #2048
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

Just an ally code and we are done.

Or you can add me: 583-536-333

Also, you'll need the LINE messaging app on your phone. Just send me a friend request at pinata242. It's required for announcements (which are rare) but otherwise completely optional. It's a good spot to talk strategy and stuff, though. Good group of people.

Last edited by pinata242; 10-24-16 at 01:59 PM..
Old 10-25-16, 06:11 AM   #2049
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Just an ally code and we are done.

Or you can add me: 583-536-333

Also, you'll need the LINE messaging app on your phone. Just send me a friend request at pinata242. It's required for announcements (which are rare) but otherwise completely optional. It's a good spot to talk strategy and stuff, though. Good group of people.
I added your code... looking forward to joining you guys!
Old 10-25-16, 07:00 AM   #2050
JuryDuty
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
I added your code... looking forward to joining you guys!
What's your in-game name?