Reload this Page >

Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Old 03-23-17, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts
Re: Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Gator...the missing file in Media Luna is well known and actually a bug/glitch. There is plenty discussion over the Ubisoft GR Forum on this. And there is another area that has the same issue...just cannot remember which one....it's one with something like 16-17 files I believe. But many who have completed everything said they got the 'Completed" notice even though it still shows 9 of 10.

On a side note we were talking about getting some help on doing the Rebel Missions like the Mortar, Guns for Hire and Diversion. and just going around one night and knocking a bunch of those out for everyone. That Mortar one is a pain in some places and seems to take just a few hits and the transmission goes down. The Drop and Vehicle Drop Off hasn't been a issue yet.

Last edited by K&AJones; 03-23-17 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-23-17, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've read on pstrophies that the missing media Luna and Inca camina files are dlc and dont count toward the trophy. Also apparently they fixed the resources farming . So once you beat a convoy, it's done. Bullshit.
Old 03-24-17, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

The resource farming is pushing my desire for the platinum to its limits. I'm not sure how many tankers of gas, comms or health that I can handle chasing after and tagging. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-17, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I went on last night after playing Warframe and low-and-behold...my 5% XP Boost was showing....

As to the missing file from Media Luna...some over at Ubisoft GR forums are still saying they did get the trophy for getting all the files yet when they go to that region it is still showing 9 of 10.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...edia-Luna-area

As to the resource farming, I honestly don't know what's the big deal. No matter how much you have, you still need the points to actually use them. I've got like 15-20K in two spots but I'm short in one that rarely pops up. We just hit continue to hit bases and tag...no real big deal since you need to go around and explore anyway which we like to do.
Old 03-24-17, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The problem is that you have to tag so many trucks and need an absurd amount of resources. One of mine is asking for 17,000 of one of the types for just one upgrade block. Ridiculous. I don't want to be doing 20-30 of each of the 3 to get my remaining upgrades. I have 156 available skill points right now but not one single upgrade I can do because of a lack of resources. Yay!!!!!
Old 03-27-17, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 368 Likes on 297 Posts

The more I play, the more I dig this game. I'd say my biggest gripe is getting from Point A to Point B - whether its the time it takes to get there or by getting de-railed by some other mission / fire-fight. Overall, I'm giving this a solid B+ to A-.

Larry C - thanks for letting me hang with you guys this weekend.
Old 03-27-17, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good game overall and we got our Platiniums yesterday. A Platinium is a platinum that requires an excessive amount of grinding, in my opinion, in order to acquire.
Old 03-27-17, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

You got your Platinum before I got my Season Pass activated!

Hope you are still up for some co-op with me and my buddy.

Edit : I stand corrected : I now DO own the Season pass! Let the rejoicing begin!
Old 03-28-17, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
The more I play, the more I dig this game. I'd say my biggest gripe is getting from Point A to Point B - whether its the time it takes to get there or by getting de-railed by some other mission / fire-fight. Overall, I'm giving this a solid B+ to A-.

Larry C - thanks for letting me hang with you guys this weekend.
Any time bud you're always welcome.

Finally finished doing and getting absolutely everything...

Now on to playing the main missions on extreme difficulty.
Old 06-16-17, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about buying this game. Would anyone be down for some Co op?
Old 06-17-17, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Two of us bought the game same time and played entirely co-op.....sadly we never finished it. I think we ended up about 1/2 of the game/area. Ended up trying Elder Scrolls Online when it popped up for like $15 online thru the PSN Store and haven't stopped playing...nor gone back to Wildlands which I regret.

I never gave the play along with AI a go though I thought about a few times if my friend didn't want to play....she's got more wrapped up in Elder Scrolls Online more than me. The game shines with co-op play, probably one of the best co-op games I've played in terms of working together. When it came out I had several friends playing but in most cases everyone went in different directions with different playstyles....which is either play as a "Ghost" or "Rambo"....what platform and if some here still play or want to I could actually get back in. I think we went from the middle to the three regions NE, E and SE.
Old 06-17-17, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I picked up the Gold version from Target for $45 and have been playing it over the past week and really like it. Thankfully I didn't run into the problems that Decker had activating the season pass, so it looks like they cleared that up. It's pretty much The Division in a different setting with forced AI co-op. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to dedicate that much time right now after spending so much time with The Division just last year. I would say it's worth checking out, even if you play solo.
Old 06-17-17, 09:13 AM

Yeah they fixed those issues after about two weeks. I was surprised it took that long.
My friend and I still play this game often. It can be challenging with just the two of us. Easy to blow a mission and have to restart it. We enjoy the game a lot.
Old 06-17-17, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Two of us bought the game same time and played entirely co-op.....sadly we never finished it. I think we ended up about 1/2 of the game/area. Ended up trying Elder Scrolls Online when it popped up for like $15 online thru the PSN Store and haven't stopped playing...nor gone back to Wildlands which I regret.

I never gave the play along with AI a go though I thought about a few times if my friend didn't want to play....she's got more wrapped up in Elder Scrolls Online more than me. The game shines with co-op play, probably one of the best co-op games I've played in terms of working together. When it came out I had several friends playing but in most cases everyone went in different directions with different playstyles....which is either play as a "Ghost" or "Rambo"....what platform and if some here still play or want to I could actually get back in. I think we went from the middle to the three regions NE, E and SE.
I wouldn't mind playing with you but you have got to break free of feeling like you have to play with that other particular player all of the time. Just do it!
Old 06-18-17, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I wouldn't mind playing with you but you have got to break free of feeling like you have to play with that other particular player all of the time. Just do it!
No problem...heck I'd have to read up or go and do some training mission to get a feel of the game again. I probably can't even drive a motorcycle anymore. Would be cool to go play one night with several again.....been saying that with this and even Diablo. Hey...by any chance you and some others pick up Killing Floor 2 for Free this month. I got it and see 1-2 on my friends list. I get into random groups and game is a blast.....reminds me of Left 4 dead on steroids. I'll keep an eye out.....
Old 06-18-17, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, I grabbed Killing Floor 2 but haven't played it yet.
Old 06-19-17, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Yep, I grabbed Killing Floor 2 but haven't played it yet.

It's one of those games to take frustration out without a lot of thinking but just reaction and total mayhem......main story is like..."Kill and Survive"......I'm actually impressed on how the game looks and plays though I couldn't see myself playing it for 3+ hours.
Old 06-20-17, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I am still waiting for this game to drop in price. I rented it and thought it was pretty good, but not a $60 game. Once it hits $30 i will grab it.
Old 08-01-17, 07:37 PM

Hey, what do you know : It took only like 5 months but now the helicopters fly like they do in every other game and no longer require rocking back and forth like an autistic kid to move from one location to another. My best friend is pissed because he had mastered the "art" of flying in this game and I never did -- now I can fly places just as well as he can!
Old 08-02-17, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So they have released updates to fix some issues? I am soooooo tempted to get this game, but i know the moment i do it will drop in price by $20.
Old 08-02-17, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's a fun game and regret not following up and playing more. I never tried the SP w/AI but this game shines in co-op play.

Did anyone play the Fallen Ghost DLC? Seems like that one was going to be fun.
Old 08-02-17, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I fired up one of the DLC packs... forget which one. It was stupid. When you need to earn "rep" by driving crazy or super fast, I'm out.

I'l probably fire up the other DLC at some point. I think it's more akin to the main story gameplay --- which was hella fun.
Old 08-12-17, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well i caved and bought it yesterday. Installed the the updates and played for an hour today. Enjoyed every second of it. Seems to be a huge amount of stuff to do and explore, so this is gonna occupy my tine for a while now.
Old 08-13-17, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think you're talking about the dlc "Narco Road" which seems a majority haven't had my love for. But the one most do like and I'd love to try is "Fallen Ghost" where your copter goes down in a jungle and you are being hunted while you try to reach safety.
Old 08-15-17, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^^ Yep, you're correct. Narco Road was the wrong DLC to fire up right after wrapping up an epic game.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.