Reload this Page >

Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Old 03-11-17, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts
Re: Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

I'm still trying to figure out how the heck we didn't die or at least one of us did.....they need to make a some sort of "Horde Mode" mission like that where four make a stand, able to build defenses, and increase in wave and strength using the Cartel and UNIDAD....that was something...
Old 03-12-17, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

They have finally updated their Support website to acknowledge that yes, the Season Pass code in the PS4 version of Gold Edition was broken (though annoyingly they still don't acknowledge that we aren't being given the Season Pass at all).

They kindly updated my service ticket like this :
Casey C @ Ubisoft Support
Sun, 12 Mar 2017 00:22 UTC+0

Greetings Ghosts!

We apologize for the issues you've experienced with your Gold edition content. We have been able to add the missing items directly to your account. These should be reflected in your notifications the next time you launch the game. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Take Care!
Great news, right?

Nope.
Old 03-13-17, 12:02 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

35 hours in...

Positives..

As a coop game it is blast. Big open world to have fun with your friends. Working together, blowing shit up. I don't think there ever has been as big a playground as this one.

Combat is solid. Weapons are cool. Skills are nice.

The world they created is stunning at times. Each region feels different, from forest to wetlands...There has never been a game with this many different environments in one. Even GTA 6 pales in comparison.

Negatives.

When played alone, it is MASSIVELY repetitive. I mean it is when coop as well, but that is helped by hanging out with friends.

Upgrades requiring resources is broken. Fuck them. They should have just had leveling up slower. It takes an ungodly amount of resources to level up later skills, and just makes the repetitive nature of the game even more so.

Overkill on side missions that are the same thing over and over...

Broken and glitched skills. EMP stops working. Drone stops working.

Calling in a vehicle...the person that programmed this should never work in video games again. Nothing like seeing your chopper be called in on a tree only to have it explode as soon as you get in.

Right now I would rate it as 8.5 when played 4 player coop..and probably 6 when alone.
Old 03-13-17, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Still have yet try the SP part and frankly the co-op is way to fun....So far, yea there are bug, glitches and issues but the Fun and Satisfying Factor outweighs them...

That said...I like playing with about any and everyone and like the fact you can have various players come & go and not miss a beat...unless you go solo. But so far I've played to what amounts two styles of play....Ghost Recon and Rambo Recon....

Both can be satisfying but both mix together as well as oil and water. No matter which one you are in, if "Everyone" is not on the same page and pace it can be a frustrating train wreck especially in a massively open world like this. Before you blink instead of everyone being 45-50 clicks within each other you find we're 450-500 clicks apart.....It's like a parent turning four kids loose in a Toy Store and saying have at it....

I don't mind jumping in anyone's game and helping...since it might be me (us) asking the same later on...and I'm sure that might be the case later. And I look at it as...whose ever game it is...they call the shots and direct where everyone goes...I mean it Is Their Game.....

On that note...we accomplished quite a bit last night.....did (2) Guns For Hire for Rebels, (1) Spotting for Rebels, stole (2) Helicopters, intimidated (2) high Ranking Cartel Members saved (2) groups from execution and even grabbed one Kingslayer File without firing a shot...only failing once basically being Ghosts....
Old 03-13-17, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 235 Likes on 171 Posts

Anyone know how to access the pre-order bonus mission (Peruvian connection I think it's called)? Seems like it would have been something you do at the beginning of the game, but I don't see anywhere to be able to do it.
Old 03-13-17, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 180 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
Negatives.

When played alone, it is MASSIVELY repetitive. I mean it is when coop as well, but that is helped by hanging out with friends.

Overkill on side missions that are the same thing over and over...
Telltale signs that you're playing a Ubisoft game
Old 03-14-17, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FWIW...we went into Monte Puncu last night...from De Agua Verde...to get the L115A3 Sniper and Digital Scope. We unlocked a safe zone not far from where the sniper is...there is a intimidate mission right there and close by a steal helicopter as well. If you want to get the sniper along with the missions just let me know. The Digital Scope is in the lower southern region not far from the border and is on top of a mountain where you have a steal the plan & supplies....we failed it crashing the plane. The Digital Scope is better than the one we've been using and we haven't used the L115A3 yet but it's suppose to be the second best sniper behind the MSR.
Old 03-15-17, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I rented it tonight and played for about an hour. I can see why people have issues (helicopter controls, driving feels like on glass), but to be honest within an hour I got used to feelings for both. Not actually done much other than explore and test the limits. I don't know why but when I play games like this I always expect a jump button and feel weird when it doesn't have one. I guess it kinda does with the jump across obstacles, but not the same. I do like the look of the game world. The refelexrions on water is a nice touch and seeing a flock of birds was very cool.

I do get the feeling this will end up being like a new version of Mercenaries, and that's only a good thing as I loved that game. However, at this point I don't think I would be happy paying full price for this. Wil be waiting for a price drop.
Old 03-15-17, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

This game is full of crazy glitches and bugs. Al and I were playing a mission and his character got stuck on the minigun in my game but was not in his. So, I was only able to see that his character was kilometers behind me at that location despite him actually being right beside me. We flew a helicopter and I switched seats and got a ride from the invisible man. Also, there are several collectibles that have glitched on people. One of them has not popped up for me. Ugh!
Old 03-16-17, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Well I noticed a 3gb update with the game and whilst playing it I noticed a few problems. Glad to leave this for a while until it gets resolved and a price drop.
Old 03-16-17, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We're seeing some weird stuff here and there but not to the point where it's totally interfered with the game or just made it unbearable. We're up in the Monte Puncu region and the landscape and terrain is as real as it can be and thicker than the first one you start out on.

It's not as smooth as Far Cry 4 with controls, AI and weapons but we're still enjoying just going all over, exploring and opening up new stuff. And FWIW, kanji saw her 5% XP Boost last night pop up in her stats....I still haven't seen mine.
Old 03-19-17, 01:39 AM
gamer for life

Got my plat on this...great game with friends.
Old 03-19-17, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got my plat on this...great game with friends.
Could I get you to help me with a couple of tough areas? Thanks!
Old 03-19-17, 11:17 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Could I get you to help me with a couple of tough areas? Thanks!
sure hit me up with an invite... foxdvd on psn
Old 03-20-17, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

sure hit me up with an invite... foxdvd on psn
I sent you a request. Thanks!!!
Old 03-20-17, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can help if you need an extra body in some areas till we continue on.... Heck, we had to call in help last night on taking the Airfield in Media Luna...which we've renamed...UNIville. Who needs a boss when you have Purple enemies everywhere and come in droves like bees on honey.
Old 03-20-17, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We'll I started last week and I'm almost done. I'm like at close to 90% done with the main story and have like 5 or 6 territories completely done. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do but I'm having a ball with it.
Old 03-21-17, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We're having a blast also but some of the bugs and issues have dampen the excitement in some cases. So far we've had and seen...

Flare gun - When I shoot it, kanjji doesn't see the Red Smoke. And sometimes the enemy AI just gets alerted and doesn't go to investigate.

Driving Slow - this part is weird. Whenever kanjji drives the top speed is basically as fast as a bicycle. It's like 20mph except motorbikes which goes normal. I drive no matter what vehicle it moves fast.

Explosive Drone Bug - I've unlocked it but if I use it 2-3 times I suddenly not only lose it but lose my binoculars for awhile

Outside of flying vehicles - we had another friend in the other day and be it a helicopter or plane, when we took off he was on the outside and it suddenly kept spawning him in the same place like it was one clone after another like he was "parachuting". He was on top of the nose, another one of him would spawn kicking the other off doing it about every 5 seconds.

Paid Weapon Silencer Bug - same friend bought one of the weapon packs getting him the MSR. He's been out with us a few times and every time he shot that thing it sounded like a cannon and enemies got alerted. We told him to put the silencer on. He said it was on. We said it's not and we can hear it. he stands besides us and we see the silencer on and he sends us a picture of it loaded in the menu. He shoots again and again sounds like a cannon. He then puts on the first sniper you get with silencer and we cannot hear a thing.

And as far ass the 5% XP Boost....kanji saw a few nights ago and the next night it was gone. She got the Digital Gold Version. I've yet to se it period and I got the Season Pass...however we did get everything else....including that worthless multi-color van that only spawns at the first location two provinces away.
Old 03-21-17, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lol I haven't used the flare gun once. Also haven't had any issues driving slow. The one bug that happens every so often is the drone won't work sometimes. And also some guns sound loud even with the suppressor every now and then. I've had minor issues but not terrible.
Old 03-21-17, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have had my fair share of bugs with this one and would not have recommended plunking an extra 40 bucks down for the DLC. I am enjoying it but the game does become a chore after awhile.
Old 03-21-17, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 368 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry C.
We'll I started last week and I'm almost done. I'm like at close to 90% done with the main story and have like 5 or 6 territories completely done. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do but I'm having a ball with it.
I tried to join you in a game last weekend... you were online but clearly had walked away from your controller. If you see me online, hit me up. I've only played solo so far.
Old 03-22-17, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
I tried to join you in a game last weekend... you were online but clearly had walked away from your controller. If you see me online, hit me up. I've only played solo so far.
Man sorry to hear that. I would have loved to have teamed up. I'll definitely make sure I keep an eye out for you. How far have you gotten? I'm at like 87% cartel destabilization but I wanna clear up all the collectable's before and the last five bosses before taking on El Sueno.
Old 03-23-17, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 368 Likes on 297 Posts

I'm not very far in... I'd probably more of a pain in your ass than a help. I think I'm 5 missions into the game. I enjoy going around and un-locking intel to find more weapons and attachments.
Old 03-23-17, 11:11 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I sent you a request. Thanks!!!
Do you not stay on that late? I noticed you on a few times when I get home from work..but when I boot up later in the day you are no longer on. I usually player around 9 to midnight...
Old 03-23-17, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Do you not stay on that late? I noticed you on a few times when I get home from work..but when I boot up later in the day you are no longer on. I usually player around 9 to midnight...
It depends during the week. We try to get our 2 year old to go to bed around nine and my wife doesn't much care for hearing me chat on the headphones in the living room while she is trying to get him to sleep. So, I try to get my gaming time in during the later afternoon/early evening hours. On the weekends, I play more sporadically and later into the evening. I look forward to getting to play with you. I have 4 more areas to clear and the missions in those areas to beat. I do have 1 kingslayer file in Media Luna that is missing and I am hoping it is either mission related or actually in the area to the left.

Also, I'm not looking forward to all of the grinding for resources to finish off the rest of the skills. It's absurd the number of resources that some of the skill upgrades require. There are only so many helicopter and planes that I want to steal and trucks I want to tag.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.