Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-17, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Re: Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4

Originally Posted by james2025a
Currently at level 12 and explored my first Cauldron and beat the boss mech.
I'm almost at Level 19 and the Cauldron just got mentioned to me.

Going to dig into more Side Quests and then check that one out in the next few days.
Old 03-06-17, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, you are going to be way over leveled by the time you get to the first Cauldron. You might as well check it out soon, or the boss battle isn't going to be very challenging at all.
Old 03-06-17, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a good spot to farm purple mods if you are so inclined:

Old 03-06-17, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
I've been enjoying the Side Quests. Then again I Level Grind in almost every RPG I play

Finding ways to get more EXP, by revisiting Strider, Scrapper & Watcher sites as well as buying any weapon I can, as they yield Tutorials that give you EXP once finished.
I haven't bought anything outside of the trap/bolt gun that's part of the main quest. I guess I should.

I've been focusing on expanding my inventory & arrow capacity levels.
Old 03-06-17, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

So a few more hours on this today and now at level 19. No longer am I having problems clicking with this game, its been totally awesome since I have started really getting into it. The world that's been created is one of the best I have played through in a while. Unlike a lot of side quests and collectibles in other games this one makes you want to complete them. The only minor gripe so far is I wish that Alloy could climb more in the environment. She feels a little restricted at times, but I am sure they will address that in a sequel. This game is proving excellent in every respect. Well worth the wait and living up to the hype.
Old 03-06-17, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I haven't bought anything outside of the trap/bolt gun that's part of the main quest. I guess I should.
Even if you don't plan on running too many of the Sidequests, having a variety of weapons helps because of the diversity of the enemies.

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Man, you are going to be way over leveled by the time you get to the first Cauldron. You might as well check it out soon, or the boss battle isn't going to be very challenging at all.
I keep getting sidetracked with Sidequests

I'm about to hit Level 23 soon and haven't gone to the Cauldron that was mentioned to me because I found more Sidequests within a Sidequest

Last edited by asianxcore; 03-07-17 at 01:32 AM.
Old 03-07-17, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got to Meridian last night and started a few things there. I looked at my list of still to complete missions and have decided that i will go finish the low level ones before really heading more into the main storyline. Just completing AC: Syndicate hours before really delving into this has helped. A lot of stealth work and fighting got me prepared for this one. I am still getting blown away by how beautiful this game looks. The environment is really well crafted.
Old 03-07-17, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just went to my first vantage point and I recognized the military building I was being shown. So the game is supposed to be set in a future Colorado. Very cool.
Old 03-07-17, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,177 Likes on 4,206 Posts

I'm not that many hours in, but man I love this game. It does so many things well that I just love - exploration, combat, stealth. Great vocal work, interesting story. Great progression system. Takes everything I loved about Tomb Raider and Far Cry 4 and yet they've improved all of it.
Might very well be my favorite game of this generation.
Old 03-07-17, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I agree. I'm not a stealth person and can usually only handle small doses, but I love it in this game. I could use a little more traversal challenges/areas like Tomb Raider.
Old 03-07-17, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I could use a little more traversal challenges/areas like Tomb Raider.
Have you done a Cauldron area yet?
Old 03-08-17, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not yet. Just advanced the story to where I just left Rost to do the trials or whatever their called.
Old 03-09-17, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've heard a couple podcasts talk about a map you can buy from one of the vendors that has the collectibles highlighted on your world map, but I haven't run across this. Does anyone know where to buy this?
Old 03-09-17, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One of the first vendors i came across sold me around 5 maps. Trying to think off the top of my head what they put on the map, Metal Flowers for sure, but cannot recall the others. I cannot recall which vendor it was, sorry.
Old 03-09-17, 08:58 AM

Yeah, the vendors sell them in a category called "Special Items" or something like that. They cost Shards + a resource item. I bought one for something called Metal Flowers. The map highlights a general area where you can search for it - - like Barn Finds in Forza Horizon.
Old 03-09-17, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm at Level 28 and I just finished my first Cauldron.

I also bought Unlimited Fast Travel from a Merchant recently

Going on vacation for a few days, so I'm taking a short break from the game.
Old 03-09-17, 01:23 PM

Are you going to Fast Travel to your vacation destination?
Old 03-09-17, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I also bought Unlimited Fast Travel from a Merchant recently
Wait, WTF? How am I missing all of these damn vendors? Where the hell are they hanging out at?

Going on vacation for a few days, so I'm taking a short break from the game.
Me too, time for some drinking on the beach!
Old 03-10-17, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the first vendors i came across sold me around 5 maps. Trying to think off the top of my head what they put on the map, Metal Flowers for sure, but cannot recall the others. I cannot recall which vendor it was, sorry.
Metal flowers
Banuk figures
Vantage points
Ancient relic/ artifacts

Unlimited Fast travel vendor can be first found in Meridian. It will appear at other vendors later in the game too.

I highly recommend getting the ancient armory quest done ASAP. The armor is freaking fantastic.

This game was top notch. The story was excellent and you actually get the feels at the end. The epilogue was good too, and I think we'll see Aloy again.
Old 03-10-17, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just found that Ancient armory hole this morning and started that quest. Currently level 24 and loving the hell out of this game. It has a number of different world environments that while being seen in other games before stilll make each feel very fresh. The draw distance on this is also super impressive.
Old 03-10-17, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
I highly recommend getting the ancient armory quest done ASAP. The armor is freaking fantastic.
The problem with that is you don't get the last power cell until one of the very last main quests.
Old 03-10-17, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Running over an area I had been before an I missed the vantage point. Looking at it and seeing Red Rocks was cool. One problem I am finding is that I am reluctant to sell a lot of the gear I collect in case I need it at some point. That and the fact that I am continually trying to kill animals to get skin or bones and inevitably get neither.
Old 03-11-17, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obey The D
The problem with that is you don't get the last power cell until one of the very last main quests.
I found the quest but am missing two cells. I take it they show up as you play through the main quests?
Old 03-11-17, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Running over an area I had been before an I missed the vantage point. Looking at it and seeing Red Rocks was cool. One problem I am finding is that I am reluctant to sell a lot of the gear I collect in case I need it at some point. That and the fact that I am continually trying to kill animals to get skin or bones and inevitably get neither.
Lenses, hearts, and that kind of stuff I generally have no problem selling. If you need one for a merchant item, then fast travel to that machine's area on the map and go hunting. I've never had to grind very long at all to get what I've needed.

Animal skins, on the other hand, are a pain for some reason, so I've been holding on to them. Think it's just because it seems some animals are generally harder to find.
Old 03-11-17, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well played for a few hours this morning and first hung I did was spend at least a good hour collecting animals skins and bones to max out my carry capacities. Got all maxed out except one. Then decided to get back to the game. Got through the Hoard and now gotten 4 of the power cells and only need one more to get that armor. I keep alternating between errands and main missions. Whichever are giving skill points I tend to do first. I just love the way you can plan out the take downs in this game, so damn enjoyable. I know it's getting a little ahead of myself with the game just coming out, but I can see a sequel to this game being even more incredible and building on what they have created here. This is easily one of the most stunning games I have ever played.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.