Reload this Page >

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

Old 06-10-15, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,844 Likes on 1,221 Posts
Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yDQBcDJOnnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-10-15, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts
Re: Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

I played some of this at PSX last December. It's.....Tearaway. Nothing more, nothing less. I love the game but it's perfect on the Vita and the move to the PS4 really doesn't improve much and I think it actually takes away from the experience if you don't have the camera hooked up - seeing me pop up unexpectedly in-game with a goofy smile on my face is the greatest joy of this game.
Old 06-10-15, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Yeah, I love, love, love Tearaway for the Vita (I can't think of another game that made me cry!), and I have very little interest in playing it on the PS4.
Old 06-10-15, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I never played Tearaway on Vita. So if this is budget priced I'm all over it.
Old 08-18-15, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

The good news:

The bad news:

The Special Edition will be available in the following regions: Australia and New Zealand, France, Iberia, Benelux, Norway, Middle East, South Africa.
Boo!
Old 10-22-15, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 544 Likes on 397 Posts

I picked this up at Best Buy last week when it was sale for $22 with GCU and finished it last night. I had not played the Vita version.

Pros:
Best use of the PS4 controller. Every single function of this controller is used from the motion controls, the touchpad, and even the light on the controller. If you have a headset you can also record your voice into the game in certain points also and you can use the PS Camera in I'm assuming the same way the Vita one worked.

Graphics/art style is fantastic. Platforming feels great. Fun storyline and collectibles.

Cons:
The camera is not great. It's weird because sometimes you will have free control of the camera and then a few minutes later in the level you can only barely move the camera causing some deaths because you misjudge jumps or other obstacles or your view will be obscured.

Game wears out it's welcome. If this would have been a tight 8 hour game with extra time for going back getting all the collectibles, etc I would have enjoyed this game far more. I'm going to estimate it took me about 15 hours or so to complete and I stopped exploring levels doing all the side stuff about 8 or so hours in because I was ready for it to start winding down. About 10 hours in it had a logical conclusion to the story and I was expecting it to be over. Then it keeps going with more levels and it came to another conclusion and then when I'm thinking the credits are going to roll clearly it then introduces me to a new world and levels.

So overall I would definitely recommend it. Solid platformer with a lot of neat tricks you won't see anywhere else it just doesn't know when to stop.
Old 10-22-15, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts

No heads up on the BB sale? tsk...tsk...
Old 10-22-15, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 544 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
No heads up on the BB sale? tsk...tsk...
I just assume everyone who's into games checks Cheapassgamer regularly like I do. Sorry!
Old 10-23-15, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

ASSumer!!!!
Old 10-23-15, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen
I just assume everyone who's into games checks Cheapassgamer regularly like I do. Sorry!

I don't go daily anymore. Just too many non "deal" type threads to sift through anymore.
Old 11-21-15, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

$19.99 on Amazon. Probably price matching GameStop.
Old 11-21-15, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

I don't go daily anymore. Just too many non "deal" type threads to sift through anymore.
Agreed, i use reddit game deals more often now and I used to check cheapassgamer religiously. The problem is everything at CAG is now a megathread so you have to sift through a ton of posts rather than getting right to what you want in the title of the post. And each of the megathreads has become their own little community with off-topic posts, making it all just really inefficient. The reddit game deals format reminds more of how CAG used to be.
Old 11-21-15, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by msdmoney
Agreed, i use reddit game deals more often now and I used to check cheapassgamer religiously. The problem is everything at CAG is now a megathread so you have to sift through a ton of posts rather than getting right to what you want in the title of the post. And each of the megathreads has become their own little community with off-topic posts, making it all just really inefficient. The reddit game deals format reminds more of how CAG used to be.
/r/consoledeals?
Old 11-23-15, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
$19.99 on Amazon. Probably price matching GameStop.
Thank you. Grabbed it.
Old 06-24-17, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Has everyone had a chance to try this out since it was free with PS+ last month? (Or was it the month before)?

Never have I played a game I loved so much at the beginning, but ended up despising and giving up right near the end. This thing just dragged on WAY WAY WAY too long. The controls at the end were what really did me in though. I got to this point where you literally had to rotate your controller so much that you were playing upside down. DUMB. I am not coordinated enough for that!

Glad it was free. Cute concept though! Loved the graphics.