Reload this Page >

Dark Souls 3 (PS4 & Xbox One)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dark Souls 3 (PS4 & Xbox One)

Old 04-23-16, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Dark Souls 3 (PS4 & Xbox One)

Figures right after I commit to get my free levels from Yoel, I go back to the shrine and he's...you know.
Old 04-25-16, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finished my first NG in exactly 30 hours. All areas explored only things I didn't focus on were the side missions - will be doing those during my NG+. Game is addicting, I'm loving it.
Old 04-25-16, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 627 Posts

Made a bit more progress last night. I'm now in the swamp area with the giant grabs and mobs using tree limbs as weapons. I've been trying to make sure I've explored all the previous areas before moving on.
Old 04-25-16, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Made a bit more progress last night. I'm now in the swamp area with the giant grabs and mobs using tree limbs as weapons. I've been trying to make sure I've explored all the previous areas before moving on.
I was running that area last night with a friend. There is an estus shard and a bone shard over there. If anyone is playing this on the PS4 then add me. Also, if you use a password for online play, you're friends can join you even if they have beat the game multiple times. It just scales their character down some closer to your level but it does not scale down their weapons. I enjoy playing online with friends more than I do running through the game by myself.
Old 04-25-16, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I tried to find the estus shard but couldn't locate it. I looked all around where the red-eyed guys with crosses on their backs were; didn't see anything.
Old 04-25-16, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It is literally just a few steps north and east from the first bonfire there.
Old 04-25-16, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The one which is in a big room by itself? Maybe I've been going too far into the level to look for it. I found the titanite shard (?) that was near the beginning if you drop down the ledge on the right rather than going down the ramp towards the enemies.
Old 04-25-16, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

https://youtu.be/6zZINJLca0s

This guy shows you where it is in the first minute of the video.
Old 04-25-16, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmm...that's definitely not the bonfire I'm at. lol Guessing that's the issue. Not sure of the name of the one I'm at but it's in a big room by itself (bigger than the one shown in the video). If I leave and hug the right wall I come across two guys with Red Eyes then a door to an area with a big knight. Got an item when I killed him but don't recall what it was.
Old 04-25-16, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmm...that's definitely not the bonfire I'm at. lol Guessing that's the issue. Not sure of the name of the one I'm at but it's in a big room by itself (bigger than the one shown in the video). If I leave and hug the right wall I come across two guys with Red Eyes then a door to an area with a big knight. Got an item when I killed him but don't recall what it was.
Sounds like you have already made your way through Farron's keep and are at the bonfire on the way to the boss. You need to go back to the first bonfire where you come down that long ladder from the Halfway Fortress. It is to the northwest of Farron's Keep. Just fast travel to it.
Old 04-26-16, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 164 Posts

Finish the game last night fought all bosses. Didn't get the good ending because I screwed up on the npc quests but will do it right this time in ng+. Enjoyed the game. Cathedral of the Deep was my favorite area, Farron Keep my least favorite because it a nasty place to go there.
Old 04-26-16, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56
Finish the game last night fought all bosses. Didn't get the good ending because I screwed up on the npc quests but will do it right this time in ng+. Enjoyed the game. Cathedral of the Deep was my favorite area, Farron Keep my least favorite because it a nasty place to go there.
Farron Keep is sooooo annoying. It's such a long haul to the boss and even running by the enemies doesn't help because the character walks so slow through the fog. I get stabbed in the back by treebeard and start the boss battle low on health. Not to mention you barely have time to heal during the boss fight because they cover massive amounts of distance in seconds.

Is there a way to sidestep in this game? I watched several videos for the abyss watchers and all the videos seem to have the guy just sidestep, let the knight go past, and then backstab him. I can't seem to do anything but roll away which then puts me out of reach to strike.
Old 04-26-16, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There is a bonfire pretty close to the boss fight in Farron's Keep but you still have to go up and around the right to avoid the two black nights and other enemies that block the road. Also, when there are more than one Watcher running around, stay far away and they will attack each other.
Old 04-26-16, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, its the two treebeards that guard the fog door....sometimes I can roll past them but other times they stab me right in the back as I slow down to "traverse the fog".

I can reliably get past the first part of the abyss watcher but it probably costs me to many estus flasks considering the fire everywhere for the second part.

damn you dark souls.
Old 04-26-16, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
Yeah, its the two treebeards that guard the fog door....sometimes I can roll past them but other times they stab me right in the back as I slow down to "traverse the fog".

I can reliably get past the first part of the abyss watcher but it probably costs me to many estus flasks considering the fire everywhere for the second part.

damn you dark souls.
Have you summoned any help?
Old 04-26-16, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Have you summoned any help?
I found the closer bonfire, thanks for the heads up. After a few more tries I burned an ember and summoned help. It worked out better.

I also joined the sun covenant thing. I think the guy I summoned may have been from them.
Old 04-26-16, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We should co-op sometime.
Old 04-27-16, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think you are already on my friends list but I'll add you if not.
Old 04-27-16, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
I think you are already on my friends list but I'll add you if not.
Yeah, we are already friends.
Old 04-27-16, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I made it to Crystal Sage last night. Spent a bunch of time clearing out the area and lighting the Farron Keep Bonfire before going back to fight him.

Any tips for the boss? Seems pretty basic but his magic attacks are deadly. That ground beam of magic is basically a one-hit kill on my character. I've gotten him pretty close to dead; just wondering if there's any tricks I could be using.
Old 04-27-16, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I made it to Crystal Sage last night. Spent a bunch of time clearing out the area and lighting the Farron Keep Bonfire before going back to fight him.

Any tips for the boss? Seems pretty basic but his magic attacks are deadly. That ground beam of magic is basically a one-hit kill on my character. I've gotten him pretty close to dead; just wondering if there's any tricks I could be using.
Just focus on the one that emits purple attacks when he multiplies. Just roll out of the way of his magic and get on him quickly.
Old 04-27-16, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool; that's what I've been doing. Dodge and move. Using the pillars to LoS the big/slow magic balls. I shouldn't have much trouble getting past it tonight.
Old 04-27-16, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool; that's what I've been doing. Dodge and move. Using the pillars to LoS the big/slow magic balls. I shouldn't have much trouble getting past it tonight.
Have you been leveling up your character?
Old 04-27-16, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, as much as I can. I'm trying to find a good spot to grind souls quickly. Haven't really found a good location since the dragon bridge in the first zone. I'm playing as a Sorcerer so I'm in all robes with a small shield.
Old 04-27-16, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, as much as I can. I'm trying to find a good spot to grind souls quickly. Haven't really found a good location since the dragon bridge in the first zone. I'm playing as a Sorcerer so I'm in all robes with a small shield.
The best way is to put your summons sign down in places like the dilapidated bridge in the Undead Settlement. Keep getting called into others games and watch the souls rack up. The only thing that sucks is you don't get many souls for helping kill a boss.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.