Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

MLB 15: The Show -- PS3/PS4 -- March 31st

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-15, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MLB 15: The Show -- PS3/PS4 -- March 31st

No problem, once you get the hang of it, it is quite easy. You will also start to see some players to just continue to do it with over and over again.
Old 04-22-15, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Avs, has playing the market been harder for you lately? Seems the spreads are tightening up or when I do find a good one, set the bid, everyone else jumps on board and prices me out.

Also, has anyone ordered the free skin from Skinit yet? How's the quality? Which team did you pick?
Old 04-22-15, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Another bug I have had happen a few times now is I will check swing on a pitch in the dirt with only one strike and the catcher picks up the ball and throws me out at first...wtf?
Old 04-22-15, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I finally earned my first "free" pack of player cards. Despite logging in every day for 3 weeks, I just got my 9th stamp. I promptly opened the pack and literally only heard of 2 players in the pack. I mean, I get it - they're not going to give you Miggy and Trout all day... but JTFC, it's almost demeaning. I'm a hardcore baseball fan and to have only heard of two of these guys is nonsense. I'd really like to complete my Tigers set but getting a Cabrera is cost prohibitive and when 2016 MLB comes out, my virtual collection will mean nothing.
Old 04-22-15, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
I finally earned my first "free" pack of player cards. Despite logging in every day for 3 weeks, I just got my 9th stamp. I promptly opened the pack and literally only heard of 2 players in the pack. I mean, I get it - they're not going to give you Miggy and Trout all day... but JTFC, it's almost demeaning. I'm a hardcore baseball fan and to have only heard of two of these guys is nonsense. I'd really like to complete my Tigers set but getting a Cabrera is cost prohibitive and when 2016 MLB comes out, my virtual collection will mean nothing.
The last patch fixed the daily stamp issue. I've been getting stamps every day now. Also earned my first pack..... a bunch of no-names too. I really like DD mode and collecting cards but I'm not spending any real $ on it (same reason as you said, 2016 will make it obsolete). That's why I'm trying to play the market to get my stubs. I probably won't ever get all the good legendary players (Williams, Seaver) but I hope to get a semi-decent team one of these days.

And Max, I can't even check a swing, lol. At least using the X button like the manual says. I don't understand how it works. Says to release it early but a button press is a button press, it makes me do a full swing. I'm trying to get that trophy for a check swing and can't get it yet.
Old 04-22-15, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The buttons are pressure sensitive. You barely have to press X to get a check swing. Just tap X as quickly and lightly as you possibly can and you should check your swing.

I had a hard time when I was purposely trying to do it for the trophy... but I've probably done it 20 times since then as I've gotten much more comfortable with batting and have a better eye for pitches that are just outside the strike zone. The more you play, the better your chances that it will just happen naturally.
Old 04-22-15, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Try using o (contact swing), check swings seem to be a little more forgiving when using it.
Old 04-22-15, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Would anyone know if the PS3 version supports the Playstation Move?
Old 04-23-15, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Another bug I have had happen a few times now is I will check swing on a pitch in the dirt with only one strike and the catcher picks up the ball and throws me out at first...wtf?
This issue got fixed in patch 1.02 that just went live this morning (pretty much exactly like you described it)...

Game Update 1.02 Fix List

Online Gameplay – Game would occasionally hang following an Intentional Walk, a regular Base on Balls, a Hit by Pitch, or a Balk.
General – Batters would strikeout on the second strike when the performed certain check swings at pitches in the dirt.
Franchise mode – Edit Player screen was limiting users from editing generated players, and players on certain teams.
General – Specific “wall s****ing” home runs would result in a baserunner staying on 1st base, and not score correctly.
Online Franchise - Injuries were not occurring during Online Franchise games.
Online Gameplay – Guessing Pitches had a delay and users would occasionally fail to guess Location and Pitch Type when offering input quickly.
Online – Within Game Rooms, users were missing their rank logos that distinguished them as Rookie, Veteran, All-Star, Hall of Fame, or Legend rank.
Online – Play Now Rated and Diamond Dynasty – Home and Away team assignment was not random, resulting in some users always being the home team, or always the away team.
Online – Play Now Online rated – Controlling the KC Royals, user would be given control of the ace pitcher (Ventura) no matter who was chosen to be the starting pitcher in the Pitcher Select screen.
Card Collections – Redeem Legend button was missing after completing a collection.
General - CPU runners were not using correct lead off logic.
General – Specific edited rosters would cause the game to crash when loading into a Road To The Show Showcase game.
General – Andrew McCutchen’s hair has been adjusted – We gave him a haircut to match his current appearance.
General – Wrigley Field had some collision/Home Run detection issues. Certain foul balls were being counted as Home Runs down the 1st base line.
General – Sounds of the Show issues have been resolved. Custom music was not being saved correctly where users intended them to.
General – Public Announcer audio was frequently incorrect (announcing the wrong name) during the end of game wrap up and also when bringing relief pitchers into the game.
General – Highlight Reel was added back into post game menus, by popular demand!
General – Tweaking and refining of in game sound effects.
General – Front End User Interface tweaking. Team colors on User’s Player Card.
General – Tuning to trade logic, specifically how the CPU traded with other CPU teams in Franchise and Season modes.
General – Baserunning/Lead Runner windows were missing from Manager Mode.
General - Players will now wear sleeves when the game is played at lower temperatures.
General – Fixed many occurrences of consumer reported crashes, reported to us through the PS4 operating system crash reporting tool. Areas that encountered these rare crashes included: Exiting Amateur Draft in Franchise mode / Entering Diamond Dynasty / During initial boot-up / Using the Suggested Trade feature in Franchise mode / Specific in game scenarios.
Community Market – Changing pages in the marketplace completed order now works.
Gameplay – Animation clean up and tuning.
Gameplay – Adjustments to tagging sliding baserunners.
AI tuning – Bunt success rate was incorrect/too successful and accurate.
Year to Year Saves modifications – Properly handling a small batch of players who were not in the league in MLB 14, and how they transfer over to MLB 15.
Old 04-23-15, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey Meat, I got my check swing trophy. Thanks

I must have turned a corner in batting as I'm tearing up AA ball with my RTTS 3B. About 30 games in, I'm batting .380, 7 HR, 31 RBIs. All at the top or near the top of the league and I lead the All-Star voting for 3B. Guess it's time to turn up the difficulty.
Old 04-23-15, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by 19K
General – Specific “wall s****ing” home runs would result in a baserunner staying on 1st base, and not score correctly.
wall shitting?
Old 04-23-15, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gooter
Hey Meat, I got my check swing trophy. Thanks

I must have turned a corner in batting as I'm tearing up AA ball with my RTTS 3B. About 30 games in, I'm batting .380, 7 HR, 31 RBIs. All at the top or near the top of the league and I lead the All-Star voting for 3B. Guess it's time to turn up the difficulty.
Congrats.

Yeah, the hitting becomes much easier once you get the timing down.

I'm really loving this game. My only gripe with the overall gameplay is the fielding. The psuedo-assisted fielding totally screws me sometimes... and the random throwing errors the game occasionally charges you with are completely unnecessary.
Old 04-24-15, 12:31 PM

Avs, has playing the market been harder for you lately? Seems the spreads are tightening up or when I do find a good one, set the bid, everyone else jumps on board and prices me out.
It does seem to be harder now, granted I have been out of town all week and haven't really been watching the market much. I lost a bunch of stubs on some players that were over priced that finally came down to where they should be.
Old 04-27-15, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
wall shitting?
Wall scraping I think.
Old 04-27-15, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I decided I'm going to only try and fill up my Tiger collection and sell all my other cards. Does anybody have any Tigers they'd care to part with? I have most of the scrubs and, of course, I need Verlander, Price, Victor and Miggy.
Old 04-27-15, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't know what I have currently but they're yours if you need them. I'm trying for the Angels right now. Appreciate any of those you may have.
Old 04-27-15, 06:08 PM

What I did was complete a few of the cheap to complete teams and redeem them. I've done the Rockies, Diamondbacks, Blue Jays, and stadiums so far. I have my stubs worked up to about 16,000 again, so I'll work on another couple teams. The key to remember when going after the boost is you only need the players after the legend to get it.
Old 04-28-15, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have found it very easy to turn a tidy profit on the marketplace. I usually pick up a guy who has high upside (like Trevor Bauer) or a guy who just happens to be trading especially low (picked up Shane Green for 30) and then you can usually flip those guys for between 20 and 70 stubs over what you paid.

What I do think is broken is the Silver Loaded packs. It guarantees (3) silver players... but I've yet to get more than 1 in any pack and last night I got none. So either the system is broken - and I've blown about 21k ticket stubs on that shitty process - or these guys were technically "silver" when the game came out but now they suck and their rank has fallen.
Old 04-30-15, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
I decided I'm going to only try and fill up my Tiger collection and sell all my other cards. Does anybody have any Tigers they'd care to part with? I have most of the scrubs and, of course, I need Verlander, Price, Victor and Miggy.

Tigers I Have:
Rajai Davis
Alex Avila
Blaine Hardy
Kyle Lobstein
Bruce Rondon
Josh Wilson

Angels I Need:
Josh Hamilton (tho he was traded back to Rangers, not sure when the game will reflect the trade)
Joe Smith (He's a silver rated 80 and for some reason his price is over 1k. It's like people know I need him to complete my collection.)
Old 04-30-15, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tigers I Have:
Rajai Davis
Alex Avila
Blaine Hardy
Kyle Lobstein
Bruce Rondon
Josh Wilson

Angels I Need:
Josh Hamilton (tho he was traded back to Rangers, not sure when the game will reflect the trade)
Joe Smith (He's a silver rated 80 and for some reason his price is over 1k. It's like people know I need him to complete my collection.)
I def need Rajai but I know I don't have those Angels... if I do come across them, they're yours.
Old 04-30-15, 07:45 PM

If you go to Play Now, The Show Live, then select yesterday's White Sox at Orioles game, you'll play in front of an empty stadium.

He's a sidearmer, guys with unconventional deliveries go for more.
Old 05-01-15, 01:35 AM

Jeff Bagwell is my all time favorite player so I made it my mission to get his card but with Altuve going for like 35k and Pat Neshak going for around 3, I don't think I'll be able to get him unless I get lucky.
Old 05-15-15, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man this game is so infuriating I want to snap the disc in 2 sometimes. The computer is as cheesy as someone you would play online with the 2 strike pitches in the dirt. And it seems like a 2k game with the way the computer ALWAYS comes back on me late in the game. And once they get someone on third in extra innings forget about it because they suicide squeeze every time and you can't stop it. The bunting needs to be patched or something. I love the game but fucking HATE it at the same time.
Old 05-17-15, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The more realistic devs make the game, the more blood boiling frustrating they become... If only because people find and exploit a loophole.
Old 05-17-15, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

The pulse pitching is absurd and I don't know why it switched me to it midway through the game. I was pitching a damn good game through the first 5 innings with like 8 or 9 strikeouts and one hit allowed. The next inning it had me pulse pitching, which is in no way fair, and I was never able to get the pitch off with the smaller circle no matter how I timed it. My once dominating starting pitcher was all over the place and my 4-0 lead was cut to 4-3. I then went back in the settings and put it back to the type of pitching that I had when I started the game. This was my very first game with this year's version and it didn't do much to impress me. I also have to say that the card collecting game should be entirely optional and not have any achievements attached to it. I'm going to look for a way to exploit that so I can get that trophy out of the way as soon as possible.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.