MLB 15: The Show -- PS3/PS4 -- March 31st

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

MLB 15: The Show -- PS3/PS4 -- March 31st

Old 04-14-15, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MLB 15: The Show -- PS3/PS4 -- March 31st

Originally Posted by Gooter
I'm eating a little crow here. I've been dabbling in DD mode the past few nights. It actually is pretty fun. I'm still tinkering with designing my logo (swiped one from the Vault that I'm tweaking) and uniforms but I've snuck in a few games against the CPU.
I think DD mode is great. I don't follow baseball anymore, so I didn't know who 3/4 of my players were when I started my team, but it didn't matter. It's still fun. Plus the custom logo and uniforms you create make you feel they're your guys anyway. When I'm in DD, I like to play 'Extra Innings'. That's playing against other people's DD teams, but they're controlled by the CPU. When you first start it up, the list of opponent teams to choose from is randomly selected, but if you pick the one on the bottom of the list, they're usually pretty equal talent-wise to people that are just starting out in DD (lineups consisting mostly of common thru silver quality players). It shows the team ratings on the left side of the team selection screen so you can see the differences as you scroll through.

I had worked my way up to having all silvers and one gold on my team, but the roster update that they just pushed out downgraded one of my players (Ben Revere) to bronze. I didnt know the game did that. That's really cool, but a bummer for me. But I guess it means some players that are cheap now could potentially be worth something later on in the season and vice versa. It also changed the position of one of my relief pitchers to closing pitcher. So keep an eye on your collection because apparently the player cards get updated as the real MLB season moves along. That's only 2 that were in my line-up, I'm sure there were others in my overall collection that I havent even noticed yet.
Old 04-14-15, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll have to give DD a shot before going into my second RTTS season ... tied up in offseason negotiations with the Twins
Old 04-14-15, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 19K
I think DD mode is great. I don't follow baseball anymore, so I didn't know who 3/4 of my players were when I started my team, but it didn't matter. It's still fun. Plus the custom logo and uniforms you create make you feel they're your guys anyway. When I'm in DD, I like to play 'Extra Innings'. That's playing against other people's DD teams, but they're controlled by the CPU. When you first start it up, the list of opponent teams to choose from is randomly selected, but if you pick the one on the bottom of the list, they're usually pretty equal talent-wise to people that are just starting out in DD (lineups consisting mostly of common thru silver quality players). It shows the team ratings on the left side of the team selection screen so you can see the differences as you scroll through.

I had worked my way up to having all silvers and one gold on my team, but the roster update that they just pushed out downgraded one of my players (Ben Revere) to bronze. I didnt know the game did that. That's really cool, but a bummer for me. But I guess it means some players that are cheap now could potentially be worth something later on in the season and vice versa. It also changed the position of one of my relief pitchers to closing pitcher. So keep an eye on your collection because apparently the player cards get updated as the real MLB season moves along. That's only 2 that were in my line-up, I'm sure there were others in my overall collection that I havent even noticed yet.
Thanks for the tip on Extra Innings. I didn't know what it was about. If you play those games, does it increase your rating or does that only happen when you play live against an opponent?

Yeah, I read about the player's ratings changing during the season. It could be both cool and frustrating as the season progresses. I've read on Operation Sports of some people making over 100k in Stubs by playing the market but I'm not savy enough to do that yet. Also, if you didn't know, you can access the market via the web at the official Show website. Works on mobile devices too.
Old 04-14-15, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the tip on Extra Innings. I didn't know what it was about. If you play those games, does it increase your rating or does that only happen when you play live against an opponent?
It doesn't increase your rating. I've seen people complaining on other forums about it, so I'm not sure if its a bug or not. I've never seen comfirmation of how its supposed to work. Rating doesn't seem to do anything anyway, except match you up against players with similar ratings when you choose 'Head to Head', so I'm not worried about it.

I've moved up a few divisions because of my rating and now pretty much everybody has a MUCH better team than me. I'm sticking with playing against the CPU until I get lucky with some better cards. So for me, I'm actually glad the rating isnt increasing. When I play Head to Head, people with similar ratings have lineups filled with Diamond and Legend players. Meanwhile I have one Gold player, which I was randomly rewarded with in RTTS mode before I even started playing DD. I have shit luck when it comes to getting rewards.
Old 04-14-15, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

If only playing online worked well. I've played 2 matches online and both times I've had instances where lag has prevented me from making plays on defense. It's extremely frustrating.
Old 04-14-15, 04:00 PM

Speaking of Diamond Dynasty, does anyone have any Astros players that they are not planning to use, or keep? I want to complete the team set, and still need about 7 cards or so. Please?
Old 04-14-15, 05:36 PM

If anyone has a Glen Perkins from the Twins. I would love to get it and send it back just to complete my set for the Twins.
Old 04-14-15, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have 7 Astros. I will post the list later or contact you in game. Sorry avs, no Perkins.
Old 04-14-15, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by avsfan21
If anyone has a Glen Perkins from the Twins. I would love to get it and send it back just to complete my set for the Twins.
I've read that when you complete a set, the cards in that set get locked and you can't get rid of them any longer, unless you get (or already have) doubles of them.
Old 04-14-15, 06:42 PM

Not sure if you got that text message I sent you a little bit ago, but an FAQ (and The Show Nation forums) I read said that, once you complete the collection, and choose to redeem the legend card, you forever lose the ability to sell the cards....including the legend itself. So, no more trading back after completing collections, a la NHL HUT.

EDIT: Oops, looks like Meatpants added this to the thread in the time that it took me to post this.

I have 7 Astros. I will post the list later or contact you in game. Sorry avs, no Perkins.
I appreciate it, man...thanks!!!
Old 04-14-15, 08:14 PM

I saw that, stupid rule. It's ok, I am 2 players away from finishing the Rockies set since you don't need the 3 best players on the team to finish it.
Old 04-14-15, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Emperor Charon
Speaking of Diamond Dynasty, does anyone have any Astros players that they are not planning to use, or keep? I want to complete the team set, and still need about 7 cards or so. Please?
Have: Feldman, peacock, Grossman, Presley
don't have
I saw that, stupid rule. It's ok, I am 2 players away from finishing the Rockies set since you don't need the 3 best players on the team to finish it.
Have: Blackmon, LeMahieu, Rusin, Brown, Bergman
Old 04-14-15, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here is what I have.

Houston: Gonzalez, Deduno, Singleton, Chapman, Santana, Marisnick

Rockies: Mckenry, Ottavino, De La Rosa, Friedrich, Rondon, Adames, Bettis
Old 04-14-15, 10:42 PM

I finished the last 2 with buy orders, although Bettis was the last one I needed. If you want a cheap legend for the trophy, the Rockies might be the way to go. The highest card I spent was maybe 325 stubs with a buy order. There were 2 silvers that are about 150-100 the rest can be had for 2-25 stubs.
Old 04-15-15, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by musick
Have: Feldman, peacock, Grossman, Presley
I need that Brad Peacock card, sir, if you can help! Although we would have to trade stubs, I can sell you a card you may want/need for cheap, as well, as a thanks.

And thanks to both you and Gooter for checking (Sorry, Gooter, I have all of the cards you listed).
Old 04-15-15, 04:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How did you guys get so many cards in a single set? Buying them in the market?

The most players I have for any one team is maybe 10, which means I still have 25+ to go to complete that set. I'm not even close. Some of the teams I only have 3-4 players.

I feel like I play this game a lot, and really have nothing to show for it as far as my DD team is concerned.
Old 04-15-15, 05:21 AM

I put in buy orders in the market. It might take some time but you usually get the card if you set the buy order just over the ones that are already there.
Old 04-15-15, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OK. Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-15-15, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Emperor Charon
I need that Brad Peacock card, sir, if you can help! Although we would have to trade stubs, I can sell you a card you may want/need for cheap, as well, as a thanks.
it's yours
look for me online later tonight and let's try and figure it out
Old 04-15-15, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I put in buy orders in the market. It might take some time but you usually get the card if you set the buy order just over the ones that are already there.
By this, I think you mean if the lowest buy order is 500, set yours at 495? I'd like to do this but I think I'm down to 400 stubs. Can stubs we earned while playing the game or do I have to sell some cards or buy more stubs?

Had a great game last night in DD, my best hitting game yet. Took Meat's advice and played 'Extra Innings'. I started to use the guess pitch feature on favorable pitch counts choosing both pitch type and zone location. Belted three home runs using it! It's very exciting when you guess the location/pitch correctly as that zone in the PCI lights up red and you can crank away.
Old 04-15-15, 10:43 AM

By this, I think you mean if the lowest buy order is 500, set yours at 495? I'd like to do this but I think I'm down to 400 stubs. Can stubs we earned while playing the game or do I have to sell some cards or buy more stubs?

Had a great game last night in DD, my best hitting game yet. Took Meat's advice and played 'Extra Innings'. I started to use the guess pitch feature on favorable pitch counts choosing both pitch type and zone location. Belted three home runs using it! It's very exciting when you guess the location/pitch correctly as that zone in the PCI lights up red and you can crank away.
For a buy order you want to go higher than the one you see. If it is at 500, you want to go to 505. It will still be lower than if you just went out and bought it off the market. Doing a sell order you want to go lower than what you see, if it was 500, you would do 495 to make yours the first option.

I have been making stubs by buying cards with 100-150 buy orders and flipping them for 450-500 sell orders. It some time takes a while but it usually works. You just need to keep an eye on the prices to see if you need to lower or raise what you put your stuff in for.
Old 04-15-15, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks, I think it makes sense now. I have to think of it like the stock/options market. I want to tighten up the spread between the bid and ask depending on if I want to buy (bid; make sure my price is the highest to entice sellers) or sell (ask/offer; make sure my price is the lowest to entice buyers) a card. And, it is generally cheaper than 'buying it now' off the market since the lowest offer on the market (the buy it now price) might be 900.

Edit:
Actually, maybe it doesn't work that way, or at least on the my iPhone's web browser since I don't see depth of market. I only see a buy it now and sell it now price. I put in a buy order for Ryan Howard at a price of 115 (the buy it now price was 110). So I paid more for it than just buying it outright. Doh! His sell it now price on my phone is 20. I'll wait till I get home tonight to check the market within the game. Hopefully I can sell him for more than 115 now. I did the same for AJ Pierzinski. Double Doh!

Last edited by Gooter; 04-15-15 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-15-15, 07:18 PM

What you need to be looking at is the sell it now price. That is the number you will be competing with when you put in a buy order. The buy now price will be the price you want to be lower than when you put in a sell order to try and sell the card you got.
Old 04-16-15, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by musick
it's yours
look for me online later tonight and let's try and figure it out
We ran late tonight, man, and I pretty much signed off. I didn't even check to see that you were on or not. Perhaps Thursday night, man. I appreciate the help, thanks, man!
Old 04-16-15, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Avs, thanks again for the marketplace tips! I've made just over 1,000 in stubs today.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.