Reload this Page >

EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR.

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-16-15, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5eQKOr6sFgk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EA SPORTS announced four-time Major champion and top-ranked golfer in the world Rory McIlroy as the cover athlete and namesake of its golf franchise, officially making him the face of EA SPORTS™ Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR®, releasing in June 2015.

McIlroy represents a new generation of players for a new generation of consoles.

“I’m very proud and humbled to see my face and name on EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR,” said McIlroy. “This is a great honor, and something I couldn’t even dream of growing up playing the sport. I really hope people enjoy the game and I’m very glad I can be a part of it.”

EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR is the first EA SPORTS title to be built using the Frostbite™ engine. This new toolset allows the development team to create beautiful new environments, featuring the most detailed courses in franchise history. Frostbite also renders the entire course at once, eliminating load times between holes and allowing users to play their shot from almost any location. It’s truly Golf Without Limits.

“Frostbite has allowed us to take this franchise to a whole new level,” stated Brent Nielsen, Executive Producer of EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR. “The new engine drastically improves all facets of the game, from core gameplay to opportunities for brand-new modes and features. We’re looking forward to sharing a lot of great news with our fans throughout the rest of the spring.”

EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR truly delivers Golf Without Limits, opening up the experience like never before. Gorgeous real-world courses and epic fantasy tracks provide players with not only the most realistic representations of their favorite locales, but the opportunity to explore brand-new locations. Full course loading offers limitless options when attacking the green and zero wait times when moving from one hole to the next. Experience the next generation of golf and play where you want, when you want, how you want.

EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system in June 2015.

https://www.easports.com/pga-tour/ne...ficial-trailer
Old 03-16-15, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts
Re: EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR.

Old 03-16-15, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad it's not Bubba.
Old 03-16-15, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 368 Likes on 297 Posts

Day 1
Old 03-16-15, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

The times they are a changing
Old 03-16-15, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this still the wacky game they showed at E3 last year? Playing on battleships and such?
Old 04-24-15, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 235 Likes on 171 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kIZZmCcUcJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-27-15, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This is my second most anticipated game behind Star Wars Battlefront. I've been waiting for a good golf game for two years now.
Old 04-27-15, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looking great.
Old 05-28-15, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Px2-w-WpxCE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.easports.com/pga-tour/ne...=1432858235287
Old 05-29-15, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-09-15, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

FYI... those with access to the EA app can begin playing this game today!!! I'm super fired up.
Old 07-09-15, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Despite the low number of initial courses, I'm excited for this as well ($49.99 pre-order for Prime members was a nice bonus since this was always a day one buy for me). It was mentioned on the OS forums that EA has stated this will not be a yearly title, which I really think is the right move. I would be OK with the idea of a steady stream of paid DLC (courses) for a non-annual title, although at least a couple of freebies would seem warranted with such a paltry selection at launch.
Can't wait until Tuesday to finally have something other than The Golf Club on my PS4 for that particular sports fix.
Old 07-09-15, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd be ok with that strategy too (steady stream of courses)... the last PGA Tour game I played (2013 I think) was wonky as hell and kept crashing / losing my career statistics. I hope this is the goods I think it'll be.
Old 07-09-15, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally, this is probably the first golf games in years since the old PGA Tour Golf Games (yes Sega Genesis) that I've been interested in. Not too mention that they are adopting the model that perfectly suits the game instead of trying to make a yearly installment. Heck, make it like those pinball games where every time they render a particular course, you can purchase it for X amount of dollars as DLC. Another game to look forward to once I purchase a XB1 this fall/winter.

It's just a shame that you can't create your own, I have many fond memories of making my own courses in Jack Nicklaus 6. Kudos to those who remember that series on PC.
Old 07-09-15, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
FYI... those with access to the EA app can begin playing this game today!!! I'm super fired up.
Be sure to let us that have to wait your impressions.
Old 07-10-15, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got home late last night so I was only able to d/l the game. I'll try to post some thoughts by Sunday.
Old 07-10-15, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Putting still sucks in this thing. The mini games are fun.
Old 07-12-15, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is there a way to cancel your swing once you have started it? Many time I start my swing by accident because I was trying to skip the cutscene.
Also several times I have hit a tap in completely off the green because it didn't register my first click (I use 3 click swing) and the meter is way too powered up by the time I realize it totally ruins the hole.
Other than the putting and the create a golfer customization options being incredibly lame, I have to say I am quite impressed and might buy this.

Last edited by Maxflier; 07-12-15 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-12-15, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've spent about an hour and a half with the game so far and it's good... not great. It's pretty much more of the same TW goodness on last gen. I'm at roughly level 19 having played two tournaments and when I say "played two tournaments" I mean the game lets me play about 5 holes per round and it's simulating the rest --- which I'm not sure wtf is going on with that. I don't know why I'm not playing a full 18 holes.
The courses are nice, the golfer graphics are pathetic and the create a golfer is among the worst any of the PGA Tour games have offered - which is unusual given they've had two years to work this out now.

But for a golf game, it's the best choice out there... I really do need to understand why you only play a few holes instead of a full round though. Does anyone know why?

PS - I'm using Arcade controls and find those to be pretty accurate and fun.
Old 07-12-15, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V

But for a golf game, it's the best choice out there... I really do need to understand why you only play a few holes instead of a full round though. Does anyone know why?

PS - I'm using Arcade controls and find those to be pretty accurate and fun.
I remember reading about a "Quick Rounds" feature that simulates a four-round tournament in a single round, using a formula to simulate part of each one. Maybe that feature is turned on in the options and you can switch it.

I'll get this on Tuesday for my PS4 and I can't wait to see how it plays. I'm craving a current-generation golf title badly enough that even a mediocre game will make me somewhat happy. I've enjoyed the Golf Club for the most part, but it seems a long way from feeling like a PS4 game.
Old 07-13-15, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^^ Thanks, I'll look to see if that's the case.

Like you, I've been looking forward to a golf game for two years now. This game will get it done without really moving the bar much higher than we're used to.
Old 07-13-15, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looking at the vids of this on YouTube, it sure looks very mediocre. I had to double check to see that it wasn't for the 360. I switched over to The Golf Club and thought it looked better as far as looking realistic. The golfers look horrible. I had no idea I was watching Jordan Spieth

Unless I hear amazing things about this, I'll hold on for next year's version.
Old 07-13-15, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't get over how pitifully bad the create-a-golfer is.
Old 07-14-15, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

5.5 from IGN.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.