Rock Band 4 (XB1/PS4, 2015)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band 4 (XB1/PS4, 2015)

Old 03-01-17, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Rock Band 4 (XB1/PS4, 2015)

Pretty much the second reason.

For the most part I stay at normal difficulty, mainly because I want to progress through the story mode and need as many stars as possible.
Old 03-06-17, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are still not firing on all cylinders yet. Hopefully they get there soon and PAX will answer a lot of questions about the future.

I think they are still trying to cater to the masses and overlooking the core players that actually play on a regular basis.
Old 03-06-17, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,064 Likes on 644 Posts

Don't want to sound like an old fart here but they really need to concentrate on guitar based songs (i.e. rock 'n roll). Hip-hop and most current Top 40 songs do not translate to the game well and just aren't very fun songs to play. They are fine for karaoke at a party where people want to sing the latest hits but playing them typically isn't any fun...especially if you usually play by yourself.

I still find myself going back to the same songs over and over again when I want to play stuff. The Boston pack, AC/DC, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. The guitar driven songs are just much more fun to play, especially if they spend a little time charting them the right (i.e. fun) way.

They don't have to be super well known songs either. I would love to know how many times I have played Muse's "Hysteria" or Silversun Pickups' "Lazy Eye" because those songs are just so much fun to play on the guitar. I don't think I had ever heard either song until Rock Band and then I ended up buying both albums by those groups because of it.

And they still haven't fixed my Styx songs for the X1. And those were a blast to play as well.
Old 03-06-17, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If a song is fun to play then the genre really doesn't matter to me. Certain genres are more suited for this game than others for sure.
But music is so subjective they have to cater to a wide audience to get all that Pop money.

Oh you forgot to mention the Cars album.

Whats wrong with the Styx songs?
Old 03-07-17, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This week's DLC:

Recently they've done artist teases for the month. I haven't seen one for March yet.
Old 03-07-17, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully we'll hear something good out of PAX this weekend.
Old 03-07-17, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,064 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelkee
If a song is fun to play then the genre really doesn't matter to me. Certain genres are more suited for this game than others for sure.
But music is so subjective they have to cater to a wide audience to get all that Pop money.

Oh you forgot to mention the Cars album.

Whats wrong with the Styx songs?
Something about the Styx songs cannot be loaded on the X1 if you did not load them before they were removed from the RB store.

The issue has yet to be fixed and does not appear it is going to be which sucks. I kinda got back into RB recently and was able to get all my DLC except those since they were removed along with some Fleetwood Mac songs (which I stupidly did not buy previously).

And yes...you are very correct about The Cars album. Very fun to play!
Old 03-08-17, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ah ok. I believe they are still working on getting de-listed songs back in the store. They put it on the back burner to get a majority of other DLC issues out of the way. Then they moved on the SingStar and RBVR. So time will tell.

Oh man when Fleetwood Mac / Stevie Nicks was announced as DLC I was stoked. Greatest announce as far as DLC goes for me so far.

Now we just need Dokken.
And ZZ Top. (werent they in GH as DLC?)
Or how about some Fabulous Thunderbirds?
... And more Interpol.
Old 03-10-17, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And now this....

Today, we’re extremely excited to announce DropMix, a brand new game that we’re making in partnership with our friends at Hasbro. DropMix is a fast-paced music mixing game where players create one of a kind mixes by playing cards featuring hit songs from award-winning artists. It’s completely unlike anything else you’ve ever played and we hope it will give you that same deep connection to your music and your friends that our previous fan favorites like Rock Band or Dance Central have offered.
Link here

Do we need a new thread or do people even bother with rhythm gaming any more?

EDIT: OK I started a new thread.

Last edited by Kelkee; 03-10-17 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-13-17, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So nothing really surprising came out of PAX this weekend regarding RB4 updates.

The 11 free songs are coming and some bug fixes we knew.
Apparently some new punk themed items will show up in the rock shop to customize your characters.

The single new DLC this week cannot be teased due to some 'circumstance' but it's supposed to be 'awesome'.

My guess is another U2 track.
Old 03-15-17, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DLC this week:

Danger Zone Kenny Loggins $1.99
Old 03-15-17, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,169 Likes on 4,199 Posts

Old 03-15-17, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 03-15-17, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Oh, man. I'm totally in for that.
Old 03-21-17, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This week's DLC:

I really thought that some/all of these were in past RB games, but none of them are marked as such. So I guess they're all new to RB?
Old 03-21-17, 12:21 PM

I know most people are supposed to hate those first bands and those two tracks in particular, but I kinda love both of them.
Old 03-21-17, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
I know most people are supposed to hate those first bands and those two tracks in particular, but I kinda love both of them.
I'm totally in for Mumford & Sons and OneRepublic. No shame!
Old 03-28-17, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Old 04-04-17, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The full list of songs coming to the Rock Band 4 DLC Library this month is as follows:

- Hall & Oates – “You Make My Dreams”
- Kaleo – “Glass House”
- New Order – “Bizarre Love Triangle”
- Oasis – “Champagne Supernova”
- The Pretty Reckless – “Heaven Knows”

And Rewind tracks including:

- Avenged Sevenfold – “Beast and the Harlot” (First appeared on Rock Band 3)
- Blondie – “One Way or Another” (First appeared on Rock Band 2)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – “Free Bird” (First appeared on Rock Band 3)
Old 04-04-17, 11:41 AM

- Hall & Oates – “You Make My Dreams”
- New Order – “Bizarre Love Triangle”
Wow, two of my all-time favorite songs!!!

I couldn't believe "You Make My Dreams" wasn't in the Hall & Oats pack. Then I was convinced it would be in Rock Band Blitz and it wasn't again. Glad we're finally getting it.
Old 04-11-17, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This week's DLC:
Old 04-24-17, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Upcoming changes to rivals mode. No more demotions, so anyone want to be part of the DVDtalk crew?

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/an...o-rivals-mode/

It’s been a little while since we’ve drawn the curtain back to give you an idea of what we’re working on behind the scenes. We’ve got a bunch of fun stuff to talk about for the next update, and we’re kicking it off by revealing some major improvements to something that many of you are enjoying every week.

Rivals Mode has been a great way to play with old friends (and make new ones) in Rock Band. Today, more songs are played in Rivals mode than any other and each week the level of competition kicks up a notch as crews compete to climb the ranks and reach Bloodstone. Today, we’re psyched to introduce you to Rivals Seasons – recurring collections of challenges with unique rewards and a handful of major changes to the way the Rivals system works.

Each season, your Crew will compete to get as far as you can over the course of an 8-week season. At the end of that season, rewards will be doled out based on what tier you end on, as well as where you stack up in that tier (being at the top of Bloodstone will offer better rewards than just being in the tier!). Every season will start with every crew in Bronze, for a level playing field. With Rivals Seasons, we want to switch focus to the thrill of promotion, rather than the fear of demotion. So, no more demotion. We’re also changing the percentages for promotion each tier to balance the lack of demotion.

This is a major change, and we’re bringing this to you early partly so we can gather feedback to potentially tweak some mechanics. After all, the goal is to make Rivals Mode as much fun as it can be for as many players as possible.

For the transition between current Rivals Mode and seasons, we’re considering every challenge from the launch of Rivals in October through this update as part of “Season 0.” To reward you for your hard work in Season 0, we’re going to introduce some sweet gear for your characters to wear based on which tier your Crew finishes in. If you’ve been on the cusp of getting into Diamond or Bloodstone, there’s no time like the present to rally your crew together and make a final push before the first Season begins and these rewards disappear forever! (Shameless plug: have you tried the Rock Band Companion App yet? It’s a great way to chat with your Crew and keep them motivated.)

With these changes it’s pretty important that we keep a level playing field, so let’s talk exploits. The next update is going to be addressing the following exploits that previously allowed people to achieve higher-than-should-be-possible scores:

Calibration settings affecting sustains
Calibration settings affecting drum fill timing
Pause rollback extending vocal overdrive

We’re also adjusting how pausing over notes works so it will no longer remove notes on guitar/bass (Behavior will go back to how it was before the patch that changed this behavior). This will continue to remove notes on drums, although it will now break your combo if you pause directly on top of a note (Not if you pause during a break between notes).

With these exploits fixed, some leaderboard scores will be unattainable and thus impossible to beat. We’ve got a few options and are really looking for feedback on how to approach this leaderboard integrity issue (knowing full well that everyone will feel differently about this):

1) We don’t touch the leaderboard. The current leaderboards remain as they are, and all new scores will be posted without exploits, knowing that some songs will have unbeatable scores.

2) We target only the very top entries on each song’s leaderboard and, rather than wipe them out, we lower those scores to a “safe” non-exploited value. This ensures that all leaderboard scores can be beaten without exploits after the patch, and the full combo laurels, percentage, and stars for these records will remain. This approach will only affect a small number of players, and all scores other than the very highest will be unchanged. The number of records targeted may vary per song, based on our projections of the exploited scores for that song.

3) We do a full wipe, and the leaderboards are cleared for everyone.

We’re genuinely interested in your thoughts on each of the above, as well as any options we might have been missing. Unfortunately, “just wipe the exploited scores” isn’t really an option as there’s no way to identify if a now-higher-than-possible score was attained maliciously or not.

Phew, that’s a big info dump. Take some time, mull it over, and let us know what you think! We’re committed to keeping Rock Band fun and exciting, but also fair and rewarding without cheaters gumming up the works for all the people playing legitimately.

We’ll be back with more info on upcoming content soon. In the meantime, let us know what you think!
Old 05-02-17, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Only one song this week, but at least it's a good one: "This Is How We Do It" by Montell Jordan

They also teased some of the other May DLC on the Harmonix blog:

blink-182 - "Bored To Death"
The Isley Brothers - "Shout"
MGMT - "Kids"
"...and more!"
Old 05-02-17, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Only one song this week, but at least it's a good one: "This Is How We Do It" by Montell Jordan
Old 05-02-17, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Music
What? Don't you like that popular rock song?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.