Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - PS4 & XB1 - 3/24/15

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-15, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Re: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - PS4 & XB1 - 3/24/15

Originally Posted by MoviePage
I think a lot of people agree that the first Borderlands is the best.
Nope, that's Bizzaro world as far as I know. Everyone I know of who's played both like the the second one better.

The review aggregates bear this out as well, with the first BL game averaging in the low 80s and BL2 averaging in the low 90s.
Old 04-07-15, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, now you know some people who prefer the first.

Opinions, man.
Old 04-08-15, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm one of those who prefers the first over the second and I haven't tried the third. Nothing wrong with the second, I just prefer the first. This could be because I didn't expect anything when I played the first.
Old 04-08-15, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Well, now you know some people who prefer the first.

Opinions, man.
Sure, and that's fine, but my point is, and as the consensus of reviews point out, you're in the minority.
Old 04-08-15, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 406 Posts

I quite liked Borderlands 1 but yeah 2 and the Pre-Sequel are far better games. The lack of fast travel in the first one alone knocks it down a grade and would make me hesitant to replay it. Having to rewalk through sections and find the same respawning enemies over and over just to get through another door to get to another section added probably 10 hours to the games length.
Old 04-20-15, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Well...safe to say the future of Borderlands might be either in doubt, change or just vanish.....

Borderlands Franchise Director and Creator Quits Gearbox Software

Matthew Armstrong has left Gearbox Software.

Armstrong, who was credited as a writer and game design director for the original Borderlands, has announced he left Gearbox Software on his Twitter account.

His tweet read: "Things changed. No longer working at @GearboxSoftware. I will always love Gearbox, but it's adventure time."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...arbox-software
Old 04-20-15, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Well...safe to say the future of Borderlands might be either in doubt, change or just vanish.....
A little dramatic there.
Old 04-21-15, 07:23 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Borderlands 1 is better than 2...(the second half of 2 got old and repetitive...)
Old 04-21-15, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
A little dramatic there.
Yea...same people said Gears of War would be no different after Cliffy B. left Epic....and look what happened and where is GOW today?
Old 04-21-15, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it's more because of the stale franchise formula than the effect from people leaving (which is ultimately why the people are leaving in the first place). God of War is facing similar issues.
Old 05-19-15, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huge update on Xbox One and PS4 today for the game. Borderlands 2's update is 1.5GB, The Pre-Sequel's is 8GB.

General
  • Fixed various graphical issues
  • Fixed menu stretching across the screen after a player quits a split-screen game
  • Fixed an issue where players inventories were inaccurate when multiple player’s inventories were open in split-screen play
  • Improved online multiplayer connectivity
  • Fixed various controller vibration issues
  • Various SHiFT connectivity improvements
Borderlands 2
  • Added Poker Night 2 head and skin customizations
  • Fixed an issue where some lip sync would sometimes fail to occur in non-English languages
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Various performance improvements
  • Minimized screen-tearing issues
  • Added Zoom toggle option in the Video Options menu
  • Added d-pad navigation toggle (zoom/navigation) support for ECHO Menu while in split-screen
  • Fixed an issue where scoped weapons would sometimes break when teleporting to a vehicle in an online game
  • Fixed an issue where the loading screen background image could fail to appear
  • Addressed an issue where scoped weapons would aim off-center in two-player vertical split-screen
  • Fixed an issue where audio could drop out while playing in split-screen in the Claptastic Voyage DLC
  • Various multiplayer connectivity improvements
  • Glitched (pink) items will now display properly in the UI
  • DLC mission names will now show up on LAN lobby screens
  • Fixed bug so that glowing portions of heads appear correctly with skins
  • The Baroness’ “Custom Loads” skill will no longer erroneously apply a one-damage status effect
  • Fixed Tassitron Engineers arc weld to fire properly at players
  • Character customizations will now properly unlock for The Doppelganger and The Baroness
  • Eghood is now on a respawn timer and is runnable without having to quit/reload
  • Button highlights on the main menu friends list will no longer get stuck after a player leaves
  • Gun graphics and animations added back to the Grinder UI
  • Teleport effects will now display properly on Deck 13
  • Players in an active Baroness contract can now duel
  • Fragtraps with the “Cryogenic Exhaust Manifold” skill can now complete the “Trouble with Space Hurps” mission
  • Remote and split-screen players can now receive loyalty rewards
  • Players using the “Nuked” controller preset can now see the “Inspect” button prompt
  • Fixed issue so that status effect visuals and damage match in length
  • Fixed an issue where laser ice damage was sometimes incorrectly being dealt as shock damage
  • Changed time remaining format to two-digits for minutes and two-digits for seconds during timed missions
  • Dahl chests will no longer disappear and re-appear in Triton Flats
  • Reflected laser beams will now properly display after ricocheting
  • Nel will now spawn and aggro properly
  • Players with missing backpack or bank SDU upgrade slots will automatically have additional slots added based on the number of SDU upgrades purchased
  • Fixed an issue where the “Moon Mission Meister” achievement would sometimes not unlock
  • Opha Superior is now a runnable boss
  • Fixed the objective "Open Door" that would uncheck and cause players to get stuck when running to Regolith Range after opening the canister door in Serenity's Waste
  • Fixed an issue where the Grinder would sometimes become non-functional
  • The Grinder will now produce items over level 50 in playthroughs one and two
  • Tony Slows will now always spawn during the “No Such Thing as a Free Lunch” mission
  • Fixed a zombie audio issue during multiplayer sessions
  • Players can no longer spend skill points in their own skill tree while inspecting another player’s skill tree
  • Gates will now close when Jailbreaker dies
  • Players should no longer get stuck during the “Kill Meg” mission
  • The Luck Cannon’s bonus damage will no longer apply to projectiles from other weapons
  • Inventory stats will no longer be incremented when withdrawing inventory from the bank or stash
There's also been a slew of fixes to the Pre-Sequel's DLC too.

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/...ix-Information

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/...ix-Information

I was having issues with BL2 where I couldn't get 60 fps. It looks like this solves the issue.
Old 05-20-15, 08:57 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
I was having issues with BL2 where I couldn't get 60 fps. It looks like this solves the issue.
how can you tell if you are getting 60 fps?
Old 05-20-15, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Yea...same people said Gears of War would be no different after Cliffy B. left Epic....and look what happened and where is GOW today?
Missed this comment before but given your inability to even comprehend that another Gears was in the works in the other thread, dramatic seems apt.
Old 07-21-15, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, I picked this up ($45 at BB), and I figure with the current gaming drought (yes, I've finished Withcher3 and Aarkham), I'll have time run trough these again. I played them on the 360, so looking forward to the upgrade. And even though this might be my 2nd (3rd?) time through these, it should still be less repetitive and more rewarding than Destiny...
Old 07-21-15, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A couple of us decided to grab this during the PSN Flash sale at $30.00. Never played the Pre-Sequel nor finished the BL2 (about 85%). No doubt it is full to the rim with tons of stuff. I fired it up for just a little and the game does look darn good...brought back some fond memories of the Borderlands Universe. We'll probably get into more after Dying Light.
Old 07-22-15, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it during the PSN sale as well and dove right in playing through BL2 again before the presequel. I could have imported some of my PS3 characters, but it's kind of fun just using whatever guns the game gives you along the way. So much variety!

It's hard not to compare the game to Destiny, given how ridiculously similar the two games are, and Destiny does NOT compare favorably (at least in PVE). Borderlands has so much more content, so much better writing/acting/humor, and a much more interesting and bigger world. The only thing I kind of miss is the double jumps...but I'll get over it.
Old 07-22-15, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So after waiting what seemed like 3 hours for everything to download and instal, I played it for a few minutes (for the record, I've already put about 100 hours into BL2 and 50 in Pre-Sequel on the 360), and the full 1080 resolution and 60 frame-per-second, are not just noticeable improvements, but almost game-changers. Now I can't wait to replay everything!
Old 07-22-15, 11:20 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

i put the Pre-Sequel in after being frustrated with Destiny and finding it much more satisfying...
Old 07-22-15, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Destiny's pretty much a gambling simulator. And while BL has some aspects of that as well, it's far less repetitive and more entertaining.
Old 07-22-15, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think Destiny has the "mechanic and foundation" of being a great game....it's the leveling, loot, economic and the rehashing of the same stuff while you feel like you're literally inching along. Plus it doesn't have a Million, Trillion or Bazillion Guns offered like BL not to mention the characters are just a blast to play. But this Handsome Collection does offer a heck of a lot and I need to get along on Dying Light. That small bit of playing a few nights ago has me itching to play it again.
Old 07-22-15, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Destiny's pretty much a gambling simulator. And while BL has some aspects of that as well, it's far less repetitive and more entertaining.
Yet, for whatever reason, I never felt the need to play through more than one character in BL. One of the main things is that BL has a shit load of guns, but in the end it's just like Destiny in the sense you're still waiting for the perfect roll on the few top items.

Anybody remember farming for the Bee Shield before Gearbox nerfed it? Wait, Bungie didn't invent nerfing?

The bee shield combined with certain weapons could wipe out almost any boss in seconds. It was like a Gjallarhorn on steroids.

I will say that Borderlands is a more humorous game, and I enjoyed playing through the first two...once. But I just never felt the need to continue after that because there wasn't anything to do once you completed all the missions.

It's one of the few games where I think PVP would have been an interesting idea that was left out.
Old 07-23-15, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheKing
Yet, for whatever reason, I never felt the need to play through more than one character in BL. One of the main things is that BL has a shit load of guns, but in the end it's just like Destiny in the sense you're still waiting for the perfect roll on the few top items.

Anybody remember farming for the Bee Shield before Gearbox nerfed it? Wait, Bungie didn't invent nerfing?

The bee shield combined with certain weapons could wipe out almost any boss in seconds. It was like a Gjallarhorn on steroids.

I will say that Borderlands is a more humorous game, and I enjoyed playing through the first two...once. But I just never felt the need to continue after that because there wasn't anything to do once you completed all the missions.

It's one of the few games where I think PVP would have been an interesting idea that was left out.
Yep...and somewhere in my old stash might have it along with The Rose, Neogenator, Black Hole, Impaler, Flame of the Firehawk, Omega along with God knows how many weapons in all the character stashes and mules.....just they're all on the other platform and console....... good stuff and times.
Old 07-23-15, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Mostly, the leveling in Destiny is fundamentally broken, it's too arbitrary. I like the standard sort of leveling in Borderlands, where pretty much the more you play, the more you level - it just feels right. With Destiny, I'll go hours and hours without leveling, and then suddenly level 3x after getting the right piece of gear - that, to me, doesn't feel right.
Old 07-24-15, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well...haven't hardly played and already switching characters. I started Handsome Jack and got him to Level 4 but after seeing some guides on how to build him out I decided to go with Wilhelm The Enforcer. From the way most the guides have it, Jack more of less sacrifices his two clones all the time to buff his firepower which isn't bad at all. But I like to play the characters for their abilities like Lilith, Mordecai, Roland, etc.....Wilhelm is close to Roland which I didn't get a chance to really play a lot of and maybe with his two drones will be fun.
Old 07-26-15, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So after playing this all week, I'm wondering if I was either really unlucky with the old 360 version, really lucky with this version, or if they just tweaked the game this way, because right off the bat, I've been getting some ridiculously over-powered rare gun drops. And when I get to a high enough level where an older gun isn't as OP, I get a new gun that is. Mind you, I'm not complaining - I think it's great!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.