Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Jim Sterling / Jimquisition Appreciation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-15, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Jim Sterling / Jimquisition Appreciation Thread

A breakdown of the recent Konami mess and evisceration of the company's b.s. in general, definitely worth a watch:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ynl4sIFazmM?list=PLlRceUcRZcK0E1Id3NHchFaxikvCvAVQe" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-22-15, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Pretty cool that youtube is finally willing to back Sterling and others in their "fair use" of game footage.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w-UgOXP82UI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-30-15, 12:46 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

I'm not usually a fan of him, but... this is too perfect.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ghPzcbOV8pI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-30-15, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched the first 3 minutes, had no idea what he was rambling on about.
Old 11-30-15, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Yeah, not a clue what her's talking about. You sure you linked the right clip, Dan?
Old 11-30-15, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts
It's about a widely circulated Play-Asia tweet "explaining" why Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 isn't being released in the U.S. -- trying to rile up GamerGaters and cash in on their RAGE.
Old 11-30-15, 09:15 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

When you put it that way...

I just thought it was great satire about companies/personalities that latch onto ridiculous outrage to profit off of idiots. As I recall, PlayAsia was the only retailer to say they'd import the game, to stick it to those damn feminists and boycotters and protesters of the game (that totally exist, right?)
Old 03-17-16, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KOTAKU: Angered Game Developer Sues Critic Jim Sterling For $10 Million

On March 16, (developer) Digital Homicide formally filed a lawsuit in Arizona District Court, accusing Sterling of “assault, libel, and slander” to the tune of $10 million. (The only reason “assault” is listed is because libel is, legally speaking, part of a broader category when filing a lawsuit. Ignore that.)

Digital Homicide claims Sterling, whose real name is James Stanton, has “falsely accused [Digital Homicide] and caused damage” to the company. According to court documents, the company is asking for $2.26 million in direct product damage; $4.3 million in emotional, reputational, and financial distress; and $5 million in punitive damage requests. That adds up to $10.76 million, and it’s nothing to scoff at.

Digital Homicide is representing themselves in the lawsuit, and do not have an attorney. They’re currently crowdfunding support for additional help, saying all donations will be kept anonymous.

Co-founder Robert Romine told me the lawsuit’s been in the works for roughly four months, and that Sterling crossed a line with “continued coverage and harassment of every single title we have ever posted.” (Just yesterday, Sterling posted a six-minute video tearing apart their new games.) Romine also said he recently received a package full of feces in the mail, despite “multiple requests private and public to the individual [Sterling] to inform his subscriber base to stop harassing me.”

More at the link.
Old 03-17-16, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

They're basically suing because he hurt their feelings by calling them out on their shitty games. This suit will be laughed out of court.
Old 03-18-16, 10:02 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The stupid thing about it is I doubt most people would have even heard of their games if it weren't for his videos. If anything it's probably at least driven up morbid curiosity sales. Their output makes those 360 Burger King games look like Game of the Year candidates.