Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-15, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Thanks to Ice and my brother for running Trials and NFs tonight.
Trials was fun even though I boneheadedly forgot to apply the hidden boons an missed out on the helm
I'd be ok with running that weekly to keep things fresh

Last edited by musick; 12-05-15 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-05-15, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Started over on my hunter today since he decided to transition to a female guardian. Used the Spark to get to 25 and after a few hours I'm at 33. It was fun to have a use for fatebringer and Ghorn for a few hours.
Old 12-05-15, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Started over on my hunter today since he decided to transition to a female guardian. Used the Spark to get to 25 and after a few hours I'm at 33. It was fun to have a use for fatebringer and Ghorn for a few hours.
I'll tell you man, you got some balls doing that...or you had ball but cut them off?

I couldn't give up my faction progress. And I do hope you had enough room in the vault for your old gear and weapons so once you hit 40 you'll be right back to 300+.
Old 12-05-15, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I vaulted everything so I'll be 310+ once I hit 40. Then I can LFG WP for more 320 drops!
Old 12-05-15, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I vaulted everything so I'll be 310+ once I hit 40. Then I can LFG WP for more 320 drops!
Well just remember that your subclasses have no XP in them...or hardly any. Do the old quests to get a lot of XP for the nightstalker.
Old 12-06-15, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quiet night last night for the Daggers. Scott helped me run the original story mode and we ran some Dark Below as well. My hunter is up over 39 so I'll grab a few bounties to get her to 40 today.

Last edited by Obey The D; 12-06-15 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-06-15, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Had company over and I was just too tired but will be on tonight to continue to level up. I posted on the Bungie Topic I've got the mission to upgrade my sword(s) on two characters doing the kill 50 majors and some in crucible which I'm not looking forward to. Any tips and/or tricks on this?

Also I'm in need of a decent Auto-Rifle and can either get one from the gunsmith or in the armory though I don't care to spend 150 shards on one item. I've got shotguns, fusion rifles, scout rifles and plenty of machine guns...auto rifles not so.
Old 12-06-15, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Had company over and I was just too tired but will be on tonight to continue to level up. I posted on the Bungie Topic I've got the mission to upgrade my sword(s) on two characters doing the kill 50 majors and some in crucible which I'm not looking forward to. Any tips and/or tricks on this?

Also I'm in need of a decent Auto-Rifle and can either get one from the gunsmith or in the armory though I don't care to spend 150 shards on one item. I've got shotguns, fusion rifles, scout rifles and plenty of machine guns...auto rifles not so.
Best way to get the sword stuff done is during Mayhem. Heavy drops more often, and drops from people you kill if they have it. Only problem is that everyone has supers that charge super fast. Mayhem Rumble is going on right now, but clash is a little easier to do it in.

As for auto rifles, do you not like the Answering Chord? I thought you got that from one of the quests. If you were hoping to buy one of the rifles the gunsmith had, you're a little late. Orders go away when Xur does. Maybe he'll have one next week.

Other than that, you'll get one from a package eventually.

As for me, I now have all 3 characters on my second account over 280. They still need loads of work, but they're at least serviceable. Got a Red Death and a Husk Of The Pit!
Old 12-06-15, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheKing
...and a Husk Of The Pit!
Bet you're glad I took us to orbit to start over so you could kill that knight.
Old 12-06-15, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I posted on the Bungie Topic I've got the mission to upgrade my sword(s) on two characters doing the kill 50 majors and some in crucible which I'm not looking forward to. Any tips and/or tricks on this?
just be aware this (the Crucible requirement) is not even the last part of this quest to level the sword from legendary to exotic
I greatly enjoy crucible but have yet to level up a single sword
Old 12-06-15, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
just be aware this (the Crucible requirement) is not even the last part of this quest to level the sword from legendary to exotic
I greatly enjoy crucible but have yet to level up a single sword
Slacker!
Old 12-06-15, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Best way to get the sword stuff done is during Mayhem. Heavy drops more often, and drops from people you kill if they have it. Only problem is that everyone has supers that charge super fast. Mayhem Rumble is going on right now, but clash is a little easier to do it in.

As for auto rifles, do you not like the Answering Chord? I thought you got that from one of the quests. If you were hoping to buy one of the rifles the gunsmith had, you're a little late. Orders go away when Xur does. Maybe he'll have one next week.

Other than that, you'll get one from a package eventually.

As for me, I now have all 3 characters on my second account over 280. They still need loads of work, but they're at least serviceable. Got a Red Death and a Husk Of The Pit!

Scott, you're crazy like a fox man! You do realize there are other good games out there besides Destiny. No need to start a second account even if it is just for a shader.
Old 12-06-15, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gooter
Scott, you're crazy like a fox man! You do realize there are other good games out there besides Destiny. No need to start a second account even if it is just for a shader.
Come back to the light my friend.
Old 12-06-15, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I may have dipped my toe in the deep end....
Old 12-07-15, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK, so Paradox is the daily mission and you know what that means. I'll be needing a trip through the Vault Of Glass in the near future!

Buzz, You should get in on running the daily, as it's the first part of getting the Exotic version of The Stranger's Rifle.

And Oh shit, I just looked at my map of Earth, and The First Firewall is up today as well. Sleeper Simulant too!
Old 12-07-15, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Sorry but wasn't able to but had two friends drag me thru my first Nightfall. Didn't land an Exotic but did land my first 300 Armor piece for the Hunter...man that was brutal with me at 285. Got in doing more higher strikes getting some legendary but it's becoming old that at least one drops out after it starts getting tough. Once both the other two dropped out leaving me alone in the middle of a battle. Thankfully two popped in about a minute later with us finishing the run...I just cannot stand quitters. I have all three still in the 285-289 range
Old 12-07-15, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorry but wasn't able to but had two friends drag me thru my first Nightfall. Didn't land an Exotic but did land my first 300 Armor piece for the Hunter...man that was brutal with me at 285. Got in doing more higher strikes getting some legendary but it's becoming old that at least one drops out after it starts getting tough. Once both the other two dropped out leaving me alone in the middle of a battle. Thankfully two popped in about a minute later with us finishing the run...I just cannot stand quitters. I have all three still in the 285-289 range
No, I mean today as in today.

As in right now the daily is Paradox. Same with The First Firewall. You might have that mission available as well. But if you don't, you just have to run it with someone that does and you still get the item you need from it to start the quest.
Old 12-07-15, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got in doing more higher strikes getting some legendary but it's becoming old that at least one drops out after it starts getting tough. Once both the other two dropped out leaving me alone in the middle of a battle. Thankfully two popped in about a minute later with us finishing the run...I just cannot stand quitters. I have all three still in the 285-289 range
well then you hate me because I did a good amount of dropping out of strikes last night

you have to realize there are certain items that are only obtainable from certain strikes so people are going to farm those strikes specific to the loot they are trying to get

if I drop into a heroic strike and I'm farming having already done my 3 for the week for max legendary marks I am going to back out if it isn't a strike I want unless however I have dropped in and we are close to the end I'll typically help finish

you should also keep in mind in addition to what I stated people aren't going to want to carry or spend extra time on these strikes with players sub 300 light
Old 12-07-15, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Had PSN issues last night so I had to cut my night short. I kept getting booted from the game every 15 minutes because it could not verify my game license.
Old 12-07-15, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think it's about time that we pop your Oryx Raid Cherry.
Old 12-07-15, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
well then you hate me because I did a good amount of dropping out of strikes last night

you have to realize there are certain items that are only obtainable from certain strikes so people are going to farm those strikes specific to the loot they are trying to get

if I drop into a heroic strike and I'm farming having already done my 3 for the week for max legendary marks I am going to back out if it isn't a strike I want unless however I have dropped in and we are close to the end I'll typically help finish

you should also keep in mind in addition to what I stated people aren't going to want to carry or spend extra time on these strikes with players sub 300 light
Well, there is a difference between backing out at the start and backing out halfway through. I quit quite a bit, usually crucible of course, but if I actually play a strike I drop into, I play it out to the end. The only exception is if I get a pair of asshats who want me to do all the work.

Hell, I did shield brothers last night solo because the game didn't give me a partner. They really need to redo the strike matchmaking.
Old 12-07-15, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

and I got all the way to the next to last room in the Dust Palace and the garage door would not open and let us through to the final room

that was worse than having to beat the boss on S.A.B.R.E. twice in a row for it to count

Last edited by musick; 12-07-15 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-07-15, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think it's about time that we pop your Oryx Raid Cherry.
My new characters are in that range too. I wouldn't mind doing one tonight to get the challenge done, even just the normal run.

But with Paradox and The First Firewall, that's already a lot on the plate.
Old 12-07-15, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My new characters are in that range too. I wouldn't mind doing one tonight to get the challenge done, even just the normal run.

But with Paradox and The First Firewall, that's already a lot on the plate.
I'll run Paradox with you later on. My hunter is with FWC so I can use the faction rep.
Old 12-07-15, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

I think I also need a paradox run.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.