Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-15, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I was reading music's description and...

didn't go in after that, just stayed middle hidden from Crota's view ...where is this? Down below?

went down to the right boomer tower .... everyone on top of the tombs ... took out the ogre....is this the area that's slightly at the bottom of the steps against the wall of the Boomer tower?

Sorry for the questions but I'm just trying to visualize and get an idea of what, when and where instead of just jumping in and then asking, "ok....what do we do now and how are we going to do this".
nope, just stay on the outside middle ledge (outside the window of the crystal room you start in) .... everyone should be backed up as close tot he window as you can get and bunched up on the left side out of Crotas view as he has rotated to the right at that time

the thing about just staying on that outside ledge you originally shoot from is that it reduces people getting hit by anything (ex boomers) by running back inside and then out to the same spot again ... it also gives everyone a good view of where the swordbearer goes after coming out of his dungeon below

went down to the right boomer tower .... everyone on top of the tombs ... took out the ogre....is this the area that's slightly at the bottom of the steps against the wall of the Boomer tower?
everyone drops down from the middle ledge and jumps over the thrall making their way to the ground enterance of the rightmost boomer tower (drop some grenades as you enter to kill/keep thrall from following you in) ... it will look similar to the room you start in ... everyone gets up on the tombs/ledges like you can in the crystal room and shoots at the ogre that will come out of one of those tombs/doors below you

also all should read meat's description as he expands on mine and gives some great tips about healing weapons and generating orbs and most importantly focusing on Crota on the last sword and not the oversoul

of course make sure you have a tracking RL and bring synth ... though I was surprised that the amount of heavy that actually dropped during our run
Old 01-26-15, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gooter
Guns that heal = Red Death (don't have), Suros - bottom half of mag (have), any others?
those are the only weapons
there is armor with healing abilities
Old 01-26-15, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Those are the only two I'm aware of but don't forget about armor and abilities that can help. Someone has put together a neat article listing a little about the entire Crota Raid but also what pieces of armor and ability that might help with defense and health.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/94185604/0/0
Old 01-26-15, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if anyone wants to try some normal (or hard) Crota runs tonight before reset, I would be in for it. Haven't done any this week.

Will be on around 9:30-10:00 central
Old 01-26-15, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Those are the only two I'm aware of but don't forget about armor and abilities that can help. Someone has put together a neat article listing a little about the entire Crota Raid but also what pieces of armor and ability that might help with defense and health.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/94185604/0/0
Blocked since I'm at work. Can someone please copy/paste just armor and abilities part?
Thanks
Old 01-26-15, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by musick
turning in relatively early tonight for some rest
Can still use hard mode lamp posts and bridge on my Titan and Hunter I believe (not going to bother with Ir Yut and Crota on them) if others care to help Monday evening
I'd be up for that. Would like to see the new methods in action.
Old 01-26-15, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hunters

Bladedancer:
Column 3: Vanish= Your super makes you invisible (invisible means no attacking, no attacking means longer surviving)
Column 4: Escape Artist= Melee makes you invisible (invisible means no attacking, etc.). Fast Twitch: Reduce melee cooldown
Column 6: ShadowJack= Increase invisibility duration (I think you know the benefit now)
Column 8: Stalker= Go invisible after crouching Hungering Blade= Kills with super & melee immediately regen health (goes great with Fast Twitch) Note: These depend on your play style. Do you want to avoid enemies and be invisible to survive, or do you want to melee them to regen health to survive.

Gunslinger: Unfortunately absolutely no help in the health regeneration arena. This is the only one among the 6 subclasses. If you must be a gunslinger, you better have an exotic that helps you regenerate health!

Titans

Defender:
Column 3: Armor/Blessing of Light= Significant Armor increase or Temporary shield on you when entering Ward of Dawn.
Column 4: Unbreakable= Force Barrier continually recharges (you shield from melee heals quickly)
Column 6: Relentless= Force Barrier is stronger and lasts longer
Column 7: Illuminated= Makes Blessing of Light stronger

Striker:
Column 3: Aftermath= Fist of Havoc leaves damage-dealing field (helps ward off the swarms like a grenade)
Column 4: Discharge= Melee does AoE damage (good for the swarms)
Column 6: Transfusion= Kill with Shoulder Charge Or Melee triggers health regeneration
Column 8: Shoulder Charge/Juggernaut= SC regions health when paired with transfusion or Jugg gives you a protective shield just from sprinting

Warlocks

Sunsinger:
Column 3: Radiant Skin= Reduce incoming damage OR Fireborn= Self Revive after dying.
Column 4: Flame Shield: Melee attack gives temporary shield

Voidwalker:
Column 4: Lifesteal= Melee attack heals you

Weapons
SUROS Regime: BOTTOM half of clip MAY heal you with each bullet.
Red Death: Each kill heals you!
These are unfortunately the only two guns with healing. Most will have SUROS, but if you have Red Death, time to pull it out!

Armor
Warlocks: Apotheosis Veil (Helmet)- You're healed upon use of your super & gain health when picking up orbs. Light Beyond Nemesis (Helm)- Gain health when picking up orbs.
Hunters: Mask of The Third Man (Helm)- Gain health when picking up orbs.
Titans: An Insurmountable Skullfort (Helm)- Gain health when picking up orbs. Melee immediately regens health. (Great helm for health regen!) Mk. 44 Stand Asides (Boots)- Shoulder Charge & Juggernaut last longer.
Old 01-26-15, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Look what the cat dragged in. Said it in game already but welcome back!

Old 01-26-15, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gooter
Look what the cat dragged in. Said it in game already but welcome back!

that cat looks like it has been drinking beer .... hmmmm
Old 01-26-15, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm thinking about a combo of the two prominent methods (center and Ogre room). Basically, you'd have a team of 3 doing what the 2 man team in the video I posted earlier was doing and second team in the center providing suppressing fire and rockets. Would work something like this:
  1. 3 to right Ogre room (including a Blessing Titan) and 3 to center.
  2. 3 in Ogre room take out sword bearer while 3 center pick on boomers
  3. 3 in Ogre room run upstairs and pop a bubble between boomers and Crota
  4. 3 at center rocket launch Crota and continue to pick on boomers
  5. x2 swords and everybody to left Ogre room to immediately kill left Ogre and snipe right Ogre
  6. Split up again and repeat
Old 01-26-15, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by musick
that cat looks like it has been drinking beer .... hmmmm
In Canada, that is law.
Old 01-26-15, 11:58 AM

So, when we do we send a full Daggers group of properly equipped, level 32 Guardians in to tackle Scrota on hard?
Old 01-26-15, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

after the reset
Old 01-26-15, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chess
Favorite method I've seen so far. Uses the Ogre spawn rooms for cover.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G3EWZkLqzVE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Toshka seemed pretty optimistic about doing it this way, and I'm game as well. Planning to give it a go with McRubick, Toshka, mmcareen and whoever else tonight.

And I suspect tomorrow AM will simply be 3 hard raids.
Interesting method. I've certainly never seen it done that way before, but I'll be curious to hear how well it works out for you. Unfortunately I won't be on that early tomorrow to try it. Seems like I've missed those early morning runs for the past 3 or 4 weeks.

One problem I can immediately foresee is taking damage from boomers while running out if the tower to the top if the stairs to hit Crota. Mistakes are minimized when only two people are running it (as in the vid), but if you have a full team of 6 I can definitely see someone dying there. The boomers are constantly shooting at that bubble, all it takes is one person to be outside of it at the wrong time. And one death usually kills the hard run.
Old 01-26-15, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by 19K

One problem I can immediately foresee is taking damage from boomers while running out if the tower to the top if the stairs to hit Crota. Mistakes are minimized when only two people are running it (as in the vid), but if you have a full team of 6 I can definitely see someone dying there. The boomers are constantly shooting at that bubble, all it takes is one person to be outside of it at the wrong time. And one death usually kills the hard run.
yeah, that is why I think chess was suggesting a hybrid of 3/3 in his post (1510) above
I agree, too much room for error with a team of 6 doing it that way
Old 01-26-15, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Might work. Are you only attacking Crota when he moves to the sides? If so, the 3 in the center need to be somewhere else because Crota will kill them if they're anywhere outside.

Edit: It's one thing to be hiding in the center like we did in our hard run, it's another to be engaging Crota with rockets. If you peek out a little from the hiding spot he shoots at you immediately.

Last edited by 19K; 01-26-15 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-26-15, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

That's really good work, guys.
Old 01-26-15, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by 19K
Interesting method. I've certainly never seen it done that way before, but I'll be curious to hear how well it works out for you. Unfortunately I won't be on that early tomorrow to try it. Seems like I've missed those early morning runs for the past 3 or 4 weeks.

Agree. That's exactly why I was thinking splitting up into 2 teams of 3 would be a good idea. One group of 3 could do more or less what they were doing in the video and a second safer group in the center could provide Crota fire and and boomer distraction while minimizing the risk of getting killed. Then the "teams" could converge on one of the Ogres at their spawn and snipe the other one.

Look for us if you're on tonight, even if you can't make it tomorrow AM. Hopefully we'll kill Crota 3 times, and you're definitely a welcome addition to the team. I'd say that you and Toshka are probably our strongest players for this sort of thing. Careen would be up there too, but he can't be bothered to level his shit up . I'm more of a McRubick in that I'm pretty steady, always do my job and don't generally crash the team with random deaths.

I did finally get around to soloing the darkness with my Titan this weekend. That second lamp jump is pretty tricky, but I made it and G-horned the hell out of the Ogre. Got some shards and another pulse rifle. Pretty sure I ended up with 2 each of the pulse rifle and auto rifle, so the drop rates are pretty decent in CE across the board. I only lack a week's worth of shards to get my third character (Hunter) to 32, and I finally managed to level a Suros up to the point where it generates some health, so I'm thinking my standard Crota kit will be that, Black Hammer and Hunger.
Old 01-26-15, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish I could but I'm at "work" until 8AM tomorrow morning. I have my PS4 so I might be online at some point today/tonight, but I have no mic and may have to suddenly leave. I usually just stick to bounties and simple stuff when I'm here.

Congrats on the solo run. I agree that jump is tricky. Still don't see how a warlock can make it.
Old 01-26-15, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by 19K
Congrats on the solo run. I agree that jump is tricky. Still don't see how a warlock can make it.
Thanks.

Yeah, I think the trick is to jump straight up initially while still in range of the lamp and then out to the ledge. I feel like I generally get a higher more controlled jump with my Warlock, and that it might actually be easier for me, but that might just be my perception, and I haven't had a reason to test it yet.
Old 01-26-15, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by 19K
Might work. Are you only attacking Crota when he moves to the sides? If so, the 3 in the center need to be somewhere else because Crota will kill them if they're anywhere outside.

Edit: It's one thing to be hiding in the center like we did in our hard run, it's another to be engaging Crota with rockets. If you peek out a little from the hiding spot he shoots at you immediately.
Good point.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think I'll probably end up preferring the slower but safer and more methodical center method, but we'll see where the rest of the guys fall on that.
Old 01-26-15, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Yep...congrats n the run Chess. I have to say some pretty good input on CE just today alone and good to see everyone throwing ideas left and right.

I doubt I'm 100% ready for a Hard Run though sooner-or-later it will happen. I don't know if it's possible for someone to get a save point and take us to school. As they say...practice makes perfect and we've got to get our feet wet first. I'll go where-ever it's best and I'm fine with that.
Old 01-26-15, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't know if it's possible for someone to get a save point and take us to school. As they say...practice makes perfect and we've got to get our feet wet first. I'll go where-ever it's best and I'm fine with that.
That's a great idea. I think Scott may have mentioned something like this in the past. Even practice in VoG too. I know I need more touches with the Relic before I'll feel confident with it. Taking the time to let those unfamiliar become more familiar helps out all of the Daggers.
Old 01-26-15, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry for the questions but I'm just trying to visualize and get an idea of what, when and where instead of just jumping in and then asking, "ok....what do we do now and how are we going to do this".
Every single group I joined this weekend had a walkthrough beforehand. Don't be afraid to speak up and let people know if you haven't done it before, or even if you're just unclear on a certain part. People will definitely show you all the places you need to go before it starts.

It's really not drastically different than a normal run. The only real problem is the no healing/reviving. Unless its a self-reviving warlock, deaths pretty much mean team wipe, especially if someone dies in the very beginning near the crystal.
Old 01-26-15, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

a cold run is good and I mentioned our team that did it yesterday did a cold run first
only downside is, there is a cost of heavy ammo synth if none drops

even just showing the path(s) to take without shooting anything off (before activating the crystals) will be beneficial

Last edited by musick; 01-26-15 at 02:31 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.