Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-15, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

[llUOTE=Obey The D;12364574]For some reason I missed this post yesterday. I'm up for running some nightfalls tonight if you still need to do them. I'll probably be on around 7pm est.[/QUOTE]

Hey
We ended up running two NF last night but no weekly. Both of us are working late and probably won't get on till around 8-830 eastern .We'll see what we feel like doing.

Last edited by K&AJones; 01-15-15 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-15-15, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
So Scott led the C Team through huh?

He's a good man, because he finished his 3 runs by 7 AM ET Tuesday morning.

There are really only two jobs of any consequence on the final Crota fight: The sword carrier and the dude who watches for boomers. Everybody else just shoots the shit out of the Sword Bearer, Crota or boomers as directed and tries not to die.

I usually roll with a VOC or a Fatebringer for primary, whatever purple rocket launcher I happen to have on that character and the Icebreaker. I only use the Icebreaker on the boomers and knights and maybe a shot or two on Crota before switching, and I never ever have Ice Breaker ammo issues. I use my primary on any ads and the rocket launcher on Crota if I have ammo.

Glad you guys finished. Eventually.
There is third role that is very important: Someone to call out when Crota is about to go down.

And honestly, we had two really solid runs early. We got Crota down in two swords in one of them, but everything has to go your way.

1) The swordbearer has to cooperate. If he hides, or decides to run in the wrong direction, it can cause a whole heap of trouble. Plus, we need enough people taking him down so that it goes quick.

2) The game has to cooperate. We saw this on our A team run, and it popped up again last night: bugs. Sometimes Crota doesn't go down when he should, or stay down as long as he should. Sometimes Crota moves to the right far too fast. Sometimes you have Knights in the crystal room when the barriers are still up. In our third run, we had to go to orbit because there were just way too many issues like that.

3) Timing. Sometimes with the sword, I can see Crota's shield and know when to jump. Most of the time I can't and have to go on instinct. Many times last night Crota was up when I jumped, and that lead to a bad time. I can get spoiled by the smoothness of our A team, where careen just knows when to call it.

But at the same time, I missed jumps, stayed at Crota for too long, and made some bad judgement calls at times that lead to deaths and/or wipes.

4) Experience as a team. I think this is maybe where our tuesday morning crew has the biggest advantage. I know what to expect from careen, Tosh-ka, McRubick (who I recruited to replace sooner in the final round), 19K and chess. Joe and Nac are solid as well. And we all had the advantage of beating the raid legit before the cheeses were discovered. And plus, I go from being a middle rung guy in the A team to the leader of the B and C squads.

We had a funny thing happen during the deathsingers, and it's funny because it happened all three times, but with 3 different people. I explained to everyone that we were supposed to go to the boomer towers, i.e. go where the Boomers normally show up, while I go and draw the wizards out. First round, musick follows me inside, and I think he died. Second round it was sooner, and third round it was K&A.

I bring it up because it kind of shows that we all have inexperience at times. None of them had done the deathsinger before, so I think they got into the mindset of follow the leader. I also bring it up to say that we never failed killing Ir Yut either. BTW, we did the 3 on each side method, and I thought it went smoother than what we did on the A team run, despite the follow the leader stuff.

We can't control the swordbearer or the bugs, but the timing and experience will get better.
Old 01-15-15, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good write up Scott and straight to the point. Yea, my first time with the Deathsinger and died missing my jump. Didn't have the triple jump on so missed, back tracked right into some knights. I felt we were doing good about 90% of the time but the other 10% was killing us not to mention the bugs and Crota just acting up or Sword bearer being stubborn. We'll get better, I'm sure of it.
Old 01-15-15, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone's on at a normal time tonight, I could use some help on the Deathsinger. I have 2 characters that need to do that part. Should be able to knock them both out in 10 minutes or so.

I was able to 3-man Crota (x3) this morning with McRubick and Tosh-ka, which was awesome. We felt so good after doing that, we went and 3-manned the VoG too (1 normal run only). We did have to call in a 4th for the actual Atheon fight because of the teleporting bit, but we did the entire VoG legit, from beginning to Atheon with only 3.

I also got a second character to 32 (Warlock and Hunter). If I can knock out my remaining two Deathsinger runs, I just might be able to get the Titan to 32 by the end of the night. My Titan actually has the perfect rolls for his gear, but I upgraded the other two first for some reason.
Old 01-15-15, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm "suppose" to run a nightfall and maybe a weekly. When you say normal...like 9:00 eastern or ????
I've got a Warlock & Titan (both 31) and I wonder if using the Titan's Weapons of Light would help like it does in VoG? Has anyone thrown it up right at the top of the stairs and entrance to the hall? Just curious if it will help considering the time frame when Crota gets taken down, kneels, stands up and needs to be taken down again.
Old 01-15-15, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, 8 or 9 is a normal time. Hahaha. Not like 1-2AM.

I heard Weapons of Light does not help the sword carrier. Not sure if that's true because you never really see a number when you're damaging Crota with the sword. But it would definitely help everyone else (shooting boomers, taking down Crotas shield, ogres, etc). The only problem with the bubble is placement because you don't want to pop it in anyone's line of fire, and usually everyone is grouped together in the safe spot.
Old 01-15-15, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ what is also helpful is if people use their supers to generate orbs for the person running sword duty
Old 01-15-15, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
^ what is also helpful is if people use their supers to generate orbs for the person running sword duty
That would only help if the sword guy could get to them after he has the sword. Normally, once I have the sword, I'm going straight for Crota, no time for orbs. Maybe if I tried being a voidwalker, and created my own orbs...
Old 01-15-15, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spent my afternoon running some bounties and events to get my hunter closer to 20 so I can run 3 characters through nightfalls, raids, etc. On my first nightfall tonight as my Titan I got the Don't Touch Me Hunter gauntlets. When we went back to the tower I had leveled up my Vanguard rank and got a legendary Hunter helmet. I'll also have a vanguard commendation for him to use on chest armor. This should be the quickest jump from 20 to 30 ever.

Buzz, Kanji and I also did two runs on the weekly as well so I have plenty of coins for tomorrow. I know it'll never happen, but please Xur, give me some icebreaker love.
Old 01-16-15, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sorry, Daggers. I have to be up in three hours. Can't do it anymore. It was fun.
Old 01-16-15, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Buzz, Kanji and I also did two runs on the weekly as well so I have plenty of coins for tomorrow. I know it'll never happen, but please Xur, give me some icebreaker love.
Oh, it happened. He has Icebreaker this week.
Old 01-16-15, 03:14 AM

It looks like Sooner will finally be joining the party, and getting Icebreaker. I have been wanting another one, not to mention that Obsidian Mind!
Old 01-16-15, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JohnSlider
Sorry, Daggers. I have to be up in three hours. Can't do it anymore. It was fun.
don't blame you, and no it wasn't fun (not by any fault of us)
Old 01-16-15, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by 19K
Oh, it happened. He has Icebreaker this week.
Old 01-16-15, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

don't blame you, and no it wasn't fun (not by any fault of us)
There was some fun to be had. But for the most part it really sucked to be on the bad end of the glitch stick.

Seriously, I have never seen it as bad as it was tonight. Templar teleporting with his shield, bubble after bubble. Oracles that keep popping. Every time we made some headway, something went wrong with the damn game. That is already the hardest part of the raid, and all that made it next to impossible to enjoy.

Daggers, I don't ever want you to feel like you're letting us down if you have to leave. This is a game. It's supposed to be fun. Maybe I should have called in defeat earlier in the evening when we still had a shread of sanity. Sooner did the right thing, and slider, as much as I enjoy your dancing, you gotta get your rest.

If anyone is crazy enough to try again, maybe we'll do it tonight. Sooner, enjoy your new Ice Breakers when you grab 'em.

And as I said in my Xur report, Daggers, y'all go get an Ice Breaker or 3.
Old 01-16-15, 07:55 AM

I should be on tonight, hopefully for a VoG run tonight. Hard or normal is fine with me.
Old 01-16-15, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have no clue if meatpants or anyone else sent me an invite last night. I passed out after our second Weekly having pay the price for the Late, Late, Late Crota Run in the wee hours of Thursday morning.

But it looks like ntlbrnkiller and Sooner will be joining the Ice Breaker Club...congrats to by the way. Now if we can take care of Scott & the rest of the "No I Don't Have A Gjallarhorn" Club we'd all be a bunch of Happy Daggers.

I'm up for whatever though I'd like to do another Crota Run and work on the timing, different combinations and even work on placement of the Titan bubble.
Old 01-16-15, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
There was some fun to be had. But for the most part it really sucked to be on the bad end of the glitch stick.

Seriously, I have never seen it as bad as it was tonight. Templar teleporting with his shield, bubble after bubble. Oracles that keep popping. Every time we made some headway, something went wrong with the damn game. That is already the hardest part of the raid, and all that made it next to impossible to enjoy.

Daggers, I don't ever want you to feel like you're letting us down if you have to leave. This is a game. It's supposed to be fun. Maybe I should have called in defeat earlier in the evening when we still had a shread of sanity. Sooner did the right thing, and slider, as much as I enjoy your dancing, you gotta get your rest.

If anyone is crazy enough to try again, maybe we'll do it tonight. Sooner, enjoy your new Ice Breakers when you grab 'em.

And as I said in my Xur report, Daggers, y'all go get an Ice Breaker or 3.
Yeah, glitch after glitch was getting very frustrating. In hindsight, we probably should have stopped a bit earlier as it was the clear the game wasn't cooperating with us last night. And we we definitely were not playing like the C Team either . I'm crazy enough however can't start playing as early as I did yesterday. Hoping to be on around 10-1030p CT.
Old 01-16-15, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones

But it looks like ntlbrnkiller and Sooner will be joining the Ice Breaker Club...congrats to by the way. Now if we can take care of Scott & the rest of the "No I Don't Have A Gjallarhorn" Club we'd all be a bunch of Happy Daggers.
Don't forget about Cruz and myself!

I also got a Heart of Praxis Fire on my last NF run. The other exotic alluding Scott.
Old 01-16-15, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

So sweet to pick up a pair of Icebreakers before passing out in the wee hours of the morning. Dissapointed that we ran iinto sooooo many problems on the VoG hard run. I did die badly a few times but there were quite a few times we were on a roll and had The Templar close to the abyss. Templar is a cheater. Fuck that cheating teleporting cocksucker. Hope he drowns in a vat of green goo.

Bad news is I went through a boat load of Heavy Weapon Synthesis and need Glimmer. Good news - did I tell you I got 2 Icebreakers. I am Up to give it another shot however some Crota runs are definitely in the cards for me. My Warlock is only 2 Shards away from 32, my Titan needs a Raid helm or Chest piece and my hunter needs any raid gear. But only after I play a Tentaclepron league Madden game tonight.
Old 01-16-15, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

And i am sorry and thankful to the Daggers. I was the one who said hard mode for Crota - without any hesitation.
Old 01-16-15, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cruzness
And i am sorry and thankful to the Daggers. I was the one who said hard mode for VOG Crota - without any hesitation.
Fixed

If you were first, then I was immediately second.
Old 01-16-15, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing

it is now personal
of course I am in ... the Templar will go down one way or another

or we'll just pick up the next checkpoint
Old 01-16-15, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm watching YouTube videos of the Templar fight, trying to find a strategy that will work for us. I'm seeing a few ideas, but most are doing the same things we were doing (except for the glitches of course). Some final musings:

1) I think everyone having access to an Ice Breaker will help, even if it's not maxed out. The Ice Breaker is one of the few exotics where it's best perk is unlocked from the start.

2) It's all about dealing damage to the Templar. Sometimes it just feels like we're not laying it on him when I take the shield down. Part of that is bad timing on my part. Part of that is the bubbles. Any thoughts here?

3) I think I'm playing way too aggressive. While it's a thrill to stop him from teleporting 3 or 4 times in a row, it usually ends with me being slaughtered by an army of harpies and/or minotaurs.

4) Heavy Ammo became a real problem. I'm sorry you guys went through all your glimmer on synth packs. The upstairs method isn't meant to be done for hours. At the same time, maybe the issue is the timing of rockets. Perhaps we need to conserve them more. For instance: Save them for when I safely block his teleport, then we wail into him with heavy. Less wasted heavy, hopefully more damage done. Ice Breakers do good damage to him in the meantime, and will safely get you free from your bubbles.

5) We need more Gjallarhorns. They're all over the videos! Can't. get. away. from the 'horn.
Old 01-16-15, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

it is now personal
of course I am in ... the Templar will go down one way or another

or we'll just pick up the next checkpoint
Can't do that! I want a Fatebringer.

(Only drops HM Templar right? Not HM Atheon as well?)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.