Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-14, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I don't think you can hear other people talking, ever, unless they are in your party or fireteam.
this
Old 09-16-14, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
Maybe somebody has explained this, but what is the function of a clan in this game?

I don't see anywhere where we could chat or recruit for missions like I do in real time with my clan in Warframe. As a practical matter, I have no clue at any given time what any of you are doing or what you're trying to do, and the game doesn't even seem to go out of its way to put us in the same instance of the Tower. Hell, I don't even know if clan members are online unless they are on my PSN friends list.

Is the idea that we set stuff up in this thread? Am I missing something?

And no, I don't care about clan-specific trophies. I'm looking for actual functionality.
I was wondering that myself. I suppose it's possible that it serves no function other than to put a fancy tag under your name (similar to clan tags in Battlefield that really don't mean anything).

Maybe in the future they'll implement missions that require all fireteam members to be in the same clan? Or a future multiplayer mode? I don't know. At the present time it seems to have no purpose, other than trophy hunting.
Old 09-16-14, 01:14 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

At least give us a Clan Spacestation that we can upgrade and hang out in!
Old 09-16-14, 01:21 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Yeah, I guess the clan is just for a title at this point. I would imagine that an update will include better clan integration if Bungie hopes to get longterm replay out of the game. That's the appeal of other MMO games (correct me if I'm wrong).

It still would be nice to have the ability to chat with however. Maybe hit a button on someone and have a chat option, or a option for either/or.

In the meantime I sent friend requests to everyone in the clan. I'm level 13 at the moment, so if you are on or lower and need help with a mission or whatever and see me on, feel free to send an invite. I'm messing around on some moon missions. I think I'm behind a lot of folks on here. Hope to get to level 20 today (off all day).
Old 09-16-14, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I love this idea. I wonder if there is a place to provide feedback like this on the Bungie website.
Old 09-16-14, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
If Bungie had half a brain, there would be a public tower and an option to have your own clan tower. Having a "dance" button doesn't make a game social. At a minimum, we need some kind of in-game message board to recruit other clan members for missions.

Or better yet, we could have a clan dojo.
Old 09-16-14, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brack
Yeah, I guess the clan is just for a title at this point. I would imagine that an update will include better clan integration if Bungie hopes to get longterm replay out of the game. That's the appeal of other MMO games (correct me if I'm wrong).

It still would be nice to have the ability to chat with however. Maybe hit a button on someone and have a chat option, or a option for either/or.

In the meantime I sent friend requests to everyone in the clan. I'm level 13 at the moment, so if you are on or lower and need help with a mission or whatever and see me on, feel free to send an invite. I'm messing around on some moon missions. I think I'm behind a lot of folks on here. Hope to get to level 20 today (off all day).

Not lower than me. I'm still level 4.
Old 09-16-14, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

If Bungie had half a brain, there would be a public tower and an option to have your own clan tower. Having a "dance" button doesn't make a game social. At a minimum, we need some kind of in-game message board to recruit other clan members for missions.

Or better yet, we could have a clan dojo.
A "Clan Dojo" would be it.....and a message board; both which are in Warframe.

Chess....Kanjji is back and we tackled the 3rd Venus Mission while home for lunch. She just got to (16) and I'm at (18) with my Warlock; the one I took thru the first time and didn't get the chest. She was asking when on the Strike Moon Mission. I was almost tempted to tell her it be better to do the Venus Strike one first and the Moon Strike after that.
Old 09-16-14, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It'd be great to have a clan vault where you could go and donate weapons/armor/items that go unused to other clan members. Something where you wouldn't be able to take something out without putting something of similar value/level in.
Old 09-16-14, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's actually a great idea.
Old 09-16-14, 04:27 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzness
It'd be great to have a clan vault where you could go and donate weapons/armor/items that go unused to other clan members. Something where you wouldn't be able to take something out without putting something of similar value/level in.
I would hope the second part is optional, because one common use of clan vaults is to help gear up new members.
Old 09-17-14, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I have played some of the missions four or five times now and they continue to be entertaining. I think a lot of the reviewers expected a Mass Effect–type story which, let's be honest, Bungie doesn't do.

I'm also close to level 19.
Old 09-17-14, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus
I have played some of the missions four or five times now and they continue to be entertaining. I think a lot of the reviewers expected a Mass Effect–type story which, let's be honest, Bungie doesn't do.

I'm also close to level 19.
It was fun playing last night with you and sauce07 popping in for a bit. I got kicked out of my own game I think once with some strange error message, but other than that, no connection problems.

Some of these missions on Hard are pretty difficult without having a Fire Squad (first mission on Venus was ridiculous, but fun).
Old 09-17-14, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

I've almost got two characters at level 20. We tried one of those unlocked Strike missions last night...me, Chess and kanji and it was brutal. This was the first one at Level 18 Hard and cannot even imagine the others. Two of us were probably underpowered to begin with. not going back until I get up higher and better stuff.

Brackster,...good talking to you and if we see you on doing something might jump in.
Old 09-17-14, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sent a request to be added

chase3001/RoyFurious/MST/Titan (right now)
Old 09-17-14, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Sauce, Cruz, Nic44, and I played with Icerat and TheScott last night for a little while in the crucible.

Things that happened:

1. I sucked
2. we played like 8 rounds and I got zero loot
3. I learned i need to change my NAT settings, because every time Nic44 joined us Cruz and I were no longer compatible due to NAT settings.
4. We could tell they were talking to each other, but we were in separate chats, maybe we should join each other in chat, because numerous times i said "behind you" and realized they couldn't hear me.
5. I sucked again.
Old 09-17-14, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
I sucked
This is my shocked face.
Old 09-17-14, 10:30 AM

This is my shocked face.
excellent, then i can slide my right in...
Old 09-17-14, 10:31 AM

on the positive side of things, there were no vehicles for Nic44 to drive off a cliff!
Old 09-17-14, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

on the positive side of things, there were no vehicles for Nic44 to drive off a cliff!
Sure there are. Just wish there were a way to get you in the passenger seat!
Old 09-17-14, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sauce, Cruz, Nic44, and I played with Icerat and TheScott last night for a little while in the crucible.

Things that happened:

1. I sucked
2. we played like 8 rounds and I got zero loot
3. I learned i need to change my NAT settings, because every time Nic44 joined us Cruz and I were no longer compatible due to NAT settings.
4. We could tell they were talking to each other, but we were in separate chats, maybe we should join each other in chat, because numerous times i said "behind you" and realized they couldn't hear me.
5. I sucked again.
LOL .... I thought we only played like 3 or 4 rounds and of course the maps were the same for 2 of them because the rotation is awful

still don't completely understand how loot is doled out in Crucible ... I assume it is just random

I definitely did not hear you on chat and never saw a mic icon appear next to your name .... definitely heard and was communicating a bit with Scott till my kid came in the room (or wife came home) and I had to disconnect the headphones

I think you guys all went for a cup of coffee at the Tower's Starbucks because when we landed there everyone disappeared except Scott and I
Old 09-17-14, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by musick
LOL .... I thought we only played like 3 or 4 rounds and of course the maps were the same for 2 of them because the rotation is awful

still don't completely understand how loot is doled out in Crucible ... I assume it is just random

I definitely did not hear you on chat and never saw a mic icon appear next to your name .... definitely heard and was communicating a bit with Scott till my kid came in the room (or wife came home) and I had to disconnect the headphones

I think you guys all went for a cup of coffee at the Tower's Starbucks because when we landed there everyone disappeared except Scott and I
the 4 of us are all east coast, so it was 12:30ish at that point and we all got off.
Old 09-17-14, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just did about an hour of farming at the spawn cave on earth patrol. Had a ton of blues drop, and one of them even became a legendary. Turns out it's a warlock helmet that I can't use.
Old 09-17-14, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
I just did about an hour of farming at the spawn cave on earth patrol. Had a ton of blues drop, and one of them even became a legendary. Turns out it's a warlock helmet that I can't use.
nice .... looks like I am traveling to earth (from earth) tonight
Old 09-17-14, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by musick

I sent you both invites to the party chat we were on. Didn't mean to leave you in the tower, just thought that was a good neutral place and you'd see us dropping off.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.