Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Old 01-26-15, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

I think that is a great idea, doing an "educational" run.

I saw a map of sorts posted on the Bungie forums, I will see about borrowing it for posting here.
Old 01-26-15, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
only downside is, there is a cost of heavy ammo synth if none drops
Bungie really needs to fix that bug. And the one where you lose ammo if you swap heavies.
Old 01-26-15, 04:08 PM

Seems bungie has no desire to fix that bug, since they have already acknowledged that it exists for a while, but no era to actually fixing it.

If you are only doing a cold run, might be a good idea to take off any ammo bonus armor before rspawning.
Old 01-26-15, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody willing to run a normal crota raid with me? I'm currently level 30. Plenty of experience on Xbox One, but I recently repurchased the game for PS4 to play with family members. I was able to get to crota on one character, but didn't get any gear drops, only shards and energy. Would like to be able to get a drop before the reset so I can be 31 for next week.
Old 01-26-15, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, there's a lot of good info here already, so good work guys!

I will add some pre-game prep work:

Team Makeup: Titan bubbles are very important. So it helps to have a minimum of 2 Titans per round against Crota. Really the 2-2-2 method is probably best for the whole raid. It also helps to have one of those Titans to wear a Saint-14 helmet to blind enemies in the crystal room if one is being placed there. Obviously the Skullfort is also useful for its helth regen.

Heavy Ammo synth: Buy some. Buy several. Crota needs to be dealt with quick and hard for that second fall, and that means rockets.

Best rocket launchers: Gjallarhorn (duh), Hunger Of Crota, Truth, anything else that has TRACKING.

One more thing for now:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1OcHA8QjLw8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-27-15, 12:59 AM

Major accolades /props / kudos to avsfan once again this week for getting us through the lamps in Crota's End. I promise that, after this week's reset, I won't foolishly take my Blade dancer through the same time that you do.

We did good work on the bridge, too, I now have two of the hard mode auto rifles (still only one pulse rifle, but oh well), and Chase got both primaries on his welcome back tour / run.
Old 01-27-15, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, I just completed my 3rd run on Crota hard, taking my 31 Hunter through it. Got Glowhoo and a second helmet, this one with a better roll. It's shard worthy.
Old 01-27-15, 01:27 AM

Many of my exotic armor pieces have been at the exotic shard bubble for a bit now. It's just been a matter of having a reason to finish them off, and make them 36 light/maxed out. Now, there is a reason to have some of those pieces that have always been situational, since the Symbiote, Third Man, Armamentarium, and Obsidian Mind were what you would call "no brainers".

My Hunter is ready to go, she's at 32. I of course have Gjallarhorn, I just need an opportunity. Perhaps we'll have a collective Daggers group ready to run it soon enough.

Until then, bring on the dreaded Omnigul strike, we all know that it's been 3 weeks, and Bungie loves to shove it down our throats!
Old 01-27-15, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my poor Titan is cursed (though she doesn't explode)
nothing but shards at the lamps and bridge on hard

thanks again Avs for soloing the lamps

never did get my Hunter any hard mode CE drops for the week .... oh well
Old 01-27-15, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Emperor Charon
Until then, bring on the dreaded Omnigul strike, we all know that it's been 3 weeks, and Bungie loves to shove it down our throats!
I knew that it would be back for this week's Nightfall, I just didn't expect to see every damn burn in play. Oh well, this will be a painful week of gathering coins for weeklies, and repeat exotics / legendaries for the Nightfall.
Old 01-27-15, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

it's appears that Nightfall/Weekly and Xur are conspiring with each other to tick off Destiny Players....

Other than that I'd like to go ahead and throw my hat in the Crota Raid Run...and yea I'll do a Hard if need to. But I do need Shards since I spent a great deal on getting my Warlock up to 32.
Old 01-27-15, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I knew that it would be back for this week's Nightfall, I just didn't expect to see every damn burn in play. Oh well, this will be a painful week of gathering coins for weeklies, and repeat exotics / legendaries for the Nightfall.
Nightfall #1 - Helm Of Saint-14...again.

Oh, and that's in addition to getting my 5th Ice Breaker in the Crota Raid. More on those later...war is hell...
Old 01-27-15, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
Nightfall #1 - Helm Of Saint-14...again.

Oh, and that's in addition to getting my 5th Ice Breaker in the Crota Raid. More on those later...war is hell...
once you have pretty much everything what would you expect
Old 01-27-15, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K&AJones
it's appears that Nightfall/Weekly and Xur are conspiring with each other to tick off Destiny Players....

Other than that I'd like to go ahead and throw my hat in the Crota Raid Run...and yea I'll do a Hard if need to. But I do need Shards since I spent a great deal on getting my Warlock up to 32.
Doing your nightfallls usual time tonight? I should be on right around 7pm my time.
Old 01-27-15, 05:13 PM

Major accolades /props / kudos to avsfan once again this week for getting us through the lamps in Crota's End. I promise that, after this week's reset, I won't foolishly take my Blade dancer through the same time that you do.

We did good work on the bridge, too, I now have two of the hard mode auto rifles (still only one pulse rifle, but oh well), and Chase got both primaries on his welcome back tour / run.
my poor Titan is cursed (though she doesn't explode)
nothing but shards at the lamps and bridge on hard

thanks again Avs for soloing the lamps

never did get my Hunter any hard mode CE drops for the week .... oh well
You guys are welcome. Thankfully we got it on that last run. It really is all about how the thralls act once you activate the bridge part. If they are all hanging back by those rocks, not a good thing.

We ran into some wierd stuff. I have never seen lamps already blown up before anyone got to them before. Although I am surprised that bungie didn't add something like that into hard mode, a random number of lamps explode as everyone spawns. That seems like something they would do to screw over the player.
Old 01-27-15, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Doing your nightfallls usual time tonight? I should be on right around 7pm my time.

Getting ready to eat now...it's 6:20 Central and then I'll get on. Haven't seen kanji in awhile and hope she is on but I would like to run 1-2 Nightfalls and get them out of the way.
Old 01-27-15, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Getting ready to eat now...it's 6:20 Central and then I'll get on. Haven't seen kanji in awhile and hope she is on but I would like to run 1-2 Nightfalls and get them out of the way.
Thanks to both of you for understanding about me taking that work call during the Nightfall. Luckily it happened during a lull in the action. RNG must know I like the MIDA since I now have one for each of my three characters.
Old 01-27-15, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So here's my postmortem on our raids this morning...it wasn't pretty.

Gooter got up early this morning to listen in on the rest of us, and even helped me pass over the Oracle save for another week. VOG runs coming later this week.

Then it was time for the A team to tackle Crota on hard, together for the first time. It was decided to dive right in to hard, instead of messing around on normal. We didn't have too much trouble getting through the early parts, even getting the second chest and defeating Ir Yut. But with myself and Tosh-ka, our resident sword handlers not being well experienced in hard mode, it was a struggle.

We struggled to find rhythm, and at staying alive. Frustration was starting to build. So we decided it would be smarter to start from the beginning on another character. We get to Ir Yut again, and struggle there. That was it for Tosh-ka, as he decided to call it an early morning and left us a man short.

We decided to press on with our third characters, this time on normal. Once again, no real issues, and when we get to the second chest, 19K comes in and takes up our open spot. We finish off Crota after a few attempts. I was testing my Hunter to prepare for sword duty at first, and it wasn't going well as a 31. Meat took over with his Titan, and again it was a struggle at first as he wasn't used to the Titan jump for the sword work.

But we pushed through and finished it off. Then we went back and did Crota on normal a couple more times. Meat did the sword with his hunter and I with my Titan. Those runs went smooth and we had most of the drops.

At this point, we went back one more time to the beginning and knocked out the first two parts on hard with our third characters. We got through that again, and then decided to try and take Crota down on hard again. Well, all of us except careen, who decided he just wasn't interested in doing it. So we went to LFG and found a guy to join us.

It took a while to get our rhythm down. Meat was the sword handler, and after a few attempts managed to get the hunter method down pat. We managed to take out Crota on hard for once, and decided to try it one more time. This is where things really got bad.

I decided to do the sword work for this run, spending all my remaining shards to get my Hunter up to 32. But with little experience on hard, or wielding the sword with my weakest character, I struggled mightily. I think I got past the first sword once, and even that ended with Crota slicing me down as I left. The guy we brought in was decent enough, but he kept suggesting things that may work for him, but were not things I liked doing. It also didn't help that I was pretty tired at this point, and trying a new way to do things just wasn't working for me.

I think the straw that finally broke the camel's back was when he was showing us how he corrals the swordbearer by attacking him down below...as a warlock. I'm a fucking hunter who can't float away from enemies,and I'm supposed to shoot the swordbearer while having 20 thralls all around me, with only a double jump to save me?

After trying it once and getting slaughtered by the thralls as expected, I said I hated this idea, and he departed. We were done at this point. Our will had been broken by what really is a shitty boss battle. It's way too heavily weighted toward the skills and abilities of one one player over the rest. And it was frustrating as all hell to be the one that was dropping the ball over and over again. I will get it down, but this morning was not the time I should have been doing it.

In the end, I ended up with a few goodies. 5th Ice Breaker...sharded. My first Warlock helmet, which gave me the complete armor set for this raid. A second auto rifle and 3rd pulse. Still waiting on the black hammer and Crux Of Crota.
Old 01-28-15, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nightfalls thus far have once again been a joke
got 9 asscendent energy in my first and my second Coiled Hiss 1919 (are you f'n kidding me)

did the Abyss and bridge on hard with fellow Daggers and got my third set of Warlock legs (aka shards) and the Abyss Defiant AR ... one of the few times (and first on hard) where tailing back on the lamp posts worked .... avs died at the bridge as it was forming .... I made my way up to the bridge but was overcome by the horde of thrall and ogres by the activation plate ... sat on my radiance as pyrrhonist made his way up and caused a distraction ... popped my radiance and we were able to get over the bridge

also did the Abyss and bridge on normal with my Titan and got my 4th set of gauntlets (again shards) and we finished by beating the deathsinger on normal (used my Warlock)
Old 01-28-15, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, aggravating morning to be sure. That raid is the worst, but I feel like everybody will all be doing it the same way in a week or two and things will be less messy. And the drop rates seem high enough that I can wait for that. Maybe if I have some time, I'll hop in with some randoms and kill Crota a few times this week. I know how to do my job and stay alive with a very high degree of consistency, so I'll just look for a group with a solid swordbearer.

I was sufficiently frustrated with the raid stuff that I ended up rushing through the nightfalls with meat and was even struggling with those. So glad I did them though, because the rewards were...yeah.

I have to, at some point, come to terms with the fact that this is a really poorly designed game and move on. Every time I'm flying to the tower to switch weapons or losing ammo when I die, I wonder what the hell I'm doing with my time and why I ever gave Bungie my money.
Old 01-28-15, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ok Scott....after hearing you last night mention yesterday morning "Disaster of Crota Raids"...I stand by my remark....you need a vacation.

Still need two Nightfalls but will gladly jump in any "Normal" CR as at this time I don't need any more gray hairs. We'll all be fine as I think there is a solid bunch here.....Patience & Time my friends.

On a sad note in less than 24hrs I've learned of three friends losing their job; one being a online "buddy" I've played with the last 3-4 years and two other co-workers this morning. Say the least not in the best of moods. The on-line friend is one many here might have played with and still playing...for now.
Old 01-28-15, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nightfalls thus far have once again been a joke
got 9 asscendent energy in my first and my second Coiled Hiss 1919 (are you f'n kidding me)

That's weird. I got a Gjallarhorn last night from my first Nightfall...

Would definitely like to do some Crota runs tonight, hard or normal, first parts or whole run. Will try not to be "Last Guardian" to show up tonight...damn kids taking away from my Daggers of Destiny time.

Anyone interested in setting up groups and times like we have in the past? I will prob be on between 9:00-9:30 central, possibly a little earlier.

Last edited by SoonerDoc; 01-28-15 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-28-15, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
That's weird. I got a Gjallarhorn last night from my first Nightfall...
yeah, I heard
not bitter, congrats
Old 01-28-15, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Jumped into Crota and found the fiurst chest and shared with Slider and sauce. Ran the Nightfall and a weekly with them with my hunter and got her to 31. We then started running a nightfall with r2 while slider dissappeared. got all the way to the end and we wiped when we were rushed by a bunch of Knights/thralls. Nightfalls aren't too bad. The combination of Icebreaker and Patience and Time wrecks everything in the nightfall. Just gotta be careful to not get 1 or 2 shotted by wizard and knights.

Slider then messaged us that he was at the end of the lamps in Crota (on normal). So we jumped in with him and invited Soonerdoc who happened to join our chat. And what do I get for my Titan when we go into the light? My seventh(?) set of raid gauntlets. Bungie hates my Titan.

We then ran the bridge sequence and got it on the first try (learned from Scott) and did our run on the thrall hall. I then called it a night since I am on my early shift and needed to be up by 530 est

Still need to do nightfalls and weeklies on 2 characters and wouldn't mind doing the front halfs of crota on 2 more characters.
Old 01-28-15, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'll be on around 9 tonight to help with nightfalls/weeklies/lamp runs, but I'd like to have some shots at exotic weapons so if anyone wants to run some VoG or second halves of Crota, then I'm game for that too.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.