Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-14, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

I got Patience and Time from the first chest.
Old 12-29-14, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
please don't go away ever again
My young cousin got Destiny and I was hoping I could get him up to a respectable level before I left but we only got about an hour or two of playtime in.
Old 12-31-14, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After being officially accepted into the Clan by IceRat / musick almost 2 weeks, ago, I figured that it was time to take his advice and join the forum here, to be able to communicate with more of you than just him!

I am usually on between around 4:30/5 most weeknights, until around 9. The weekends, of course, are varied. I look forward to playing with more of the clan than the ones who have been helpful thus far (RoyFurious, lopper, SoonerDoc, TheScott), feel free to add me, so that we can play!

Also, following IceRat's initial post format:

Emperor Charon / Pyrrhonist / Pacific / Warlock (31) / Hunter (31) / Titan (30)
Old 12-31-14, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome to the board friend and happy new year's eve

didn't see you on last night when we were running Crota and we were done when I saw you on later
too bad you weren't with me ... you would have been guaranteed a Jellyhorn
Old 12-31-14, 03:07 PM

Happy New Year's Eve, man.

I signed off around 8:30 or 9 my time last night, and I had a feeling that you guys would probably start up after that...and it appears that I was right, ha!

I got back on to take advantage of the bounty reset "glitch/manipulation", so that's probably when you saw me.

I joined so that I can branch myself out to the rest of the clan a little, I know that it probably gets old hearing from me or Mike about running the raids....now, hopefully we won't have to just bug you all of the time!
Old 01-01-15, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone and fellow gamers!!!

I wanted to throw my name in the hat if there was going to be any CR cheese runs tonight after 7-8 central. I'll gladly take one opening but if some are going to do several runs I'm in for that as well.
Old 01-01-15, 09:58 AM

A happy new year to the other Daggers!

Piggy backing on the prior post, if anyone would like to run the Vault of Glass or Crota's End today, I should be on during the day, feel free to message or invite via PSN (or just post here)!
Old 01-01-15, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I need the two middle drops and the locked room chest on my three characters, so if anyone wants to basically cheese the entire raid, I would love to do so. Don't need the final drops from beating Crota, but would certainly be willing to help out whoever does.

Prob won't be on tonight until later, after the football games. Around 10-11 central.

And welcome Pyrrhonist!!
Old 01-01-15, 11:13 AM

Happy New Year everyone.

Let me start out by posting all the info.

avsfan21/avsfan2126/Eastern/Hunter(31)/Warlock(30)/Hunter(30)

I wanted to thank musick for letting me into the clan. I really appreciate all the help he and all the other members of the clan have give with the raiding so far. After our clan fell apart, it was part of the game that we wouldn't really get to do.

I am usually on most days between 7-11ish on week nights and weekends I am usually on more depending on what is going on.

I look forward to playing with everyone as well. If you see me on and need help with something, feel free to reach out to me. I am always up for helping people for nightfalls, weeklies, or raids.
Old 01-01-15, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
I need the two middle drops and the locked room chest on my three characters, so if anyone wants to basically cheese the entire raid, I would love to do so. Don't need the final drops from beating Crota, but would certainly be willing to help out whoever does.

Prob won't be on tonight until later, after the football games. Around 10-11 central.

And welcome Pyrrhonist!!
I'd love to do a full Crota raid cheese tonight. 11:30 central is probably the latest I can stay on, so hopefully we can get through it once or twice. I need the final battle though.
Old 01-01-15, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

So I read the previous few posts as "When is Scott gonna run us through Crota tonight?"

I'd like to get my weeklies done today (I have 2 left) before Xur arrives. But I'm sure I can lead you guys through Crota a few times if need be. And a VOG run wouldn't be bad either.
Old 01-01-15, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the welcome, Sooner!

Either way, Scott, if you're willing to carry! �� I would like to do a full run of Vault of Glass, though, if possible, having only recently run it for the first time (I know, sad). I want to perfect the mechanics, and, hopefully, get a Vision of Confluence, or Atheon's Epilogue.

Also, Scott, I need the weeklies still with an alt, I can help, if needed.
Old 01-01-15, 03:50 PM

I'd do VoG, too. I don't think I have any of the weapons from that raid yet, despite completing it a handful of times.
Old 01-01-15, 03:57 PM

Feel free to add me, man. I should be able to get two others on in the next twenty to thirty minutes, at the latest. Of course, we would still need 2 others!
Old 01-01-15, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I should be on later as well. Would love to run both raids.
Old 01-01-15, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Scott, I'm patiently waiting for this week's Xur report while on vacation. I'm hoping to read that he is selling an Icebreaker.
Old 01-02-15, 12:04 AM

Thanks for all the help getting through the raids tonight. Had a great time playing with everyone. It just shows me what we have been missing out on. Raids are probably the best part of the game.

Had one really good run through Crota got the gloves, chest piece and black hammer for my main. I would like to try and get a couple more runs through the VOG this weekend. If it wasn't for work in. Few hours, I would have stayed on to run it on hard.

I still need to get one nightfall and two weeklies done as well. I just am not a huge fan of the new strike. I hope they aren't going to continue to push it on us every couple of weeks.
Old 01-02-15, 02:44 AM

I second the sentiments from avsfan: Thank you to all of the Daggers at Christmas time, and again, tonight, for the runs through both Crota's End, as well as the Vault. We had this game in the beta, and since launch, and finally getting to do the raids, it finally feels like playing the game "for real".

The gear drops weren't the best, but I hope to be part of many runs in the future. Tonight, I got The Warlock arms from Crota's End, Hunger of Crota, the Helen Warlock helm, and the Aspect of Glass ship. Aside from that, a pure shards run. I don't know if it's really disappointing, or if landing the upgraded Gjallahorn last week in the first Crota chest has me jaded.

Thank you again to every Dagger tonight who helped, and thanks, also, especially, to Scott, for putting up with the two rookies that we brought to the early Vault of Glass run.
Old 01-02-15, 04:42 AM

I had a blast. Many thanks to Scott and everyone else. I had a lot of fun on Vault of Glass where I got a lot of shards and my third and fourth pair of Hunter boots (the only raid gear I've gotten from VoG). Got some raid boots from Crota, too, which was much more rewarding, and also the Multi-Tool primary exotic.

Also had a lot of fun running the weekly and the daily with Roy and Musick.

Only need the Nightfall now (I know, should have done that first).
Old 01-02-15, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Emperor Charon
Thank you again to every Dagger tonight who helped, and thanks, also, especially, to Scott, for putting up with the two rookies that we brought to the early Vault of Glass run.
Don't forget an entire team of relic virgins as well. Thankfully, I think Scott got teleported every run the last time. I would like to handle the relic sometime in the future in the event of being teleported with people that have no idea how to use it either.
Old 01-02-15, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ran through the Crota Raids with Scott and a few others last night -many thanks. My Warlock is now fully Crota geared up except for the helmet - level 32 is in sight. My titan picked up th 3rd Raid gauntlets from Crota but he also got his 1st Greaves. ( need a helmet or chest piece to get on the road to 32). Broke down my pre-Crota Supergood advice since I have the bounty for it again and got 3 shards and Weapon Parts not a bad deal. Instead of spending 7 strange coins to upgrade the Supergoodadvice I gained a value of 21 strange coins.

Also hit Xur this morning picked up an exotic engram and got No Backup Plans for my Titan. Upgraded my second Patience and Time and an Apothesis Veil. Picked up shards to upgrade a Knucklehead Radar and my Pocket Infinity at a later time. Took my 24 hunter to 27 with a couple of engram drops. Need to farm glimmer and run some weeklies tonight - If anyone is interested.
Old 01-02-15, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by avsfan21
Don't forget an entire team of relic virgins as well. Thankfully, I think Scott got teleported every run the last time. I would like to handle the relic sometime in the future in the event of being teleported with people that have no idea how to use it either.
Yeah, I was talking about that on the later hard run we did. The relic isn't all that hard to use, it's more the coordination/teamwork that needs to be learned by everyone. And like I said last night, for rookies, you all did a great job.

I could have been more of a teacher than a lead by example, but we did want to finish it

But the basic relic strategy is this:

Grab it if you feel confident, or you're the highest level player.
Call out which side you're on (Venus/Right, Mars/Left)
Run down and take out the enemies using Jump+R2, followed by an R2 bash if they need another hit. With Praetorian on Venus, you could do a second jump smash.
Run back to the other two and cleanse them using L1, holding it briefly. Repeat that 2 or 3 times as they shoot oracles.
Try and leave before the last oracle is killed and get to the center where your shooters can meet you to cleanse and start shooting Atheon.
Call out the time left on Time's Vengeance so a Titan can put up a bubble.

For the other two that get teleported:

Call out which side you're on (Venus/Right, Mars/Left)
Focus on the Oracles. That's your job.
On Venus, you can throw down a grenade or rocket if you have one to help kill the Praetorian. DO NOT DO THIS ON MARS! Hobgoblins put up that fire shield and become immune to the relic holder's attacks.
Stick together with the other shooter, each of you make slow, but steady progress forward. This is so the relic holder can cleanse you both at once.
Once you kill the last oracle, make your way to the center to get your last cleanse and lay into Atheon.
And remember, going blind isn't the same as being blind. You should have time to get to the center after final cleanse inside. You might have to make a leap of faith, but after a few runs you should have the route down well enough.

For any of the three teleported:

If you know you're in trouble, call out for help, don't be afraid. Typically the outside team can send someone in there to help with the oracles if you're slipping behind, but you need to call this out as soon as possible.
If only 2 get teleported, CALL THIS OUT IMMEDIATELY.
If one of the shooters inside dies, CALL IT IMMEDIATELY
If the relic holder dies, it's a wipe.
When going through the portal, do it one at a time. The game glitches if you're too fast here, and the second person won't teleport, but will be on the other side of the portal.

For those not teleported:

Listen for the away team to tell you which side they're on. Get over there and open the portal.
Stand in the center of the sync plate on the platform to avoid the Supplicants, as they will explode and kill you otherwise.
Try and keep the area close to the portal clear of supplicants so that the away team doesn't get blown up upon reentry.
Ask the away team if they need help. Send someone in if needed.
If you're a Titan, you can go to the center before the away team is back and put your weapons of light shield on the back of the platform as soon as Time's Vengeance starts. Then put another up at the end to protect the team.

For me, I'm a fast learner. When I started doing the VOG, I watched what the other people did as much as I could. I listened to what they had to say, and tried not to die. At the same time, I know when I need to step up. My third VOG run, I got teleported, and it was with 2 others who hadn't done relic duty. I grabbed it and did the best I could. By the end of that raid, I was solid with it, and it was shortly after that I started running more with the Daggers.

And don't ever forget that there's always something to learn. Doing the hard raid last night, our group struggled when we got to the Templar. One of the people in the group was a guy I hadn't played with before, and he suggested a method to get through it. So we gave it a try and we got it on the second attempt I believe. Now I have a better method for that part of the raid I can bring forward, instead of the haphazard methods I typically use when I'm leading.
Old 01-02-15, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sounds like I definitely missed out by watching football last night. Oh well, Bama-OSU was a great game to watch.

I still have a bunch of stuff to get through this weekend.

Need to run Weekly on 3 characters.

Need to run Crota cheese for the first two drops and middle chest on 3 characters (stayed up late couple nights ago helping group beat the final boss, so don't need final battle).

Would love to run VOG on hard at least once as I have never done it.

Can LFG if I need to (shudders) but would much rather run with the Daggers. Should be on tonight around 10:00 central. Will prob be on off and on during the day today.
Old 01-02-15, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing

And don't ever forget that there's always something to learn. Doing the hard raid last night, our group struggled when we got to the Templar. One of the people in the group was a guy I hadn't played with before, and he suggested a method to get through it. So we gave it a try and we got it on the second attempt I believe. Now I have a better method for that part of the raid I can bring forward, instead of the haphazard methods I typically use when I'm leading.
Originally Posted by SoonerDoc

Would love to run VOG on hard at least once as I have never done it.

Can LFG if I need to (shudders) but would much rather run with the Daggers. Should be on tonight around 10:00 central. Will prob be on off and on during the day today.
cut out your summary for this quote Scott but all great stuff for those learning the mechanics

That Templar method we used (suggested by Candy) was a great idea and I think our hard run went very smooth for the most part (more game glitches than anything with sending 2 through the portals if anything slowed us down)

I'd be down for running VoG on hard again tonight with a secondary character
would love to maybe still get my first Mytho or second Fatebringer
got the Warlock helm for the first time last night (useless now but cool) ... the raid sparrow, my third VOC, and lots of useless shards
Old 01-02-15, 12:30 PM

I would be up for a vog run on hard tonight if we can get one together. I am still a little green on it, but I think I have most of the raid down. Only part I still get a bit iffy on is where all the oracles are during the Templar fight.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.