Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-15, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Originally Posted by Obey The D
I think it's about time that we pop your Oryx Raid Cherry.

Translation...bend over, grab ankles, jump and say a prayer....I guess I'll be regulated to being "Bubble Boy" which is fine....

I have no idea why the last few days about 85% of my drops are turning into lower level stuff. I'm getting level 260-275 stuff. I've had a couple of legendary turn into level 270-275 and I have all my maxed gear on at 285 when I see the Cryptarch. I'm just not landing high enough engrams to infuse anything which are in the 272-288 range.

...and I don't hate you Musick.....of course what's worse are the ones that pop in and just stand still waiting for the other two to carry their sorry ass...to me that's even worse.
Old 12-07-15, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, just letting you know there are semi valid reasons why people do drop out
but like Scott said, the true @sshats are the ones that start the strike but drop out midway through assuming they aren't disconnected or there isn't an emergency such as a fire alarm
Old 12-07-15, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I have no idea why the last few days about 85% of my drops are turning into lower level stuff. I'm getting level 260-275 stuff. I've had a couple of legendary turn into level 270-275 and I have all my maxed gear on at 285 when I see the Cryptarch. I'm just not landing high enough engrams to infuse anything which are in the 272-288 range.
If you're 285, the cryptarch method slows way down. It works really well when you're just starting out, but eventually there will be a point where you have to start acquiring 300+ gear (i.e. Raid stuff) to make any progress. It's practically impossible to get much higher than you already are without doing higher level activities. The odds of the cryptarch decoding in the 295-300 range are VERY slim, and even when he does you'll only get minimal gains from infusing as you close the gap to 300.

I'm pretty sure the recommended light for the first few parts of the raid is only 280, so you should be ready to take the next step.
Old 12-08-15, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck with the Golgoroth challenge guys.

Looks like everybody has to grab the gaze, and you have to use every pool as well. And that is in the same round. Meaning you have to keep grabbing the gaze 6 straight times.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nMmexRbHB7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by TheKing; 12-08-15 at 05:58 AM.
Old 12-08-15, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I deleted my previous post because it was long and wrong and too much to edit, but now apparently all you need is all fireteam members grabbing the gaze before the timer expires after the initial gaze has been taken.

People are reporting completing it with only 1 or 2 bubbles/puddles being used. Which puddles you use doesnt seem to matter, but all fireteam members have to take his gaze at least once during the DPS phase before the respective timer runs out.
Old 12-08-15, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What's sad is that I have a Golgoroth checkpoint on hard, but I can't see the daggers getting it done on hard.

Maybe we'll do it on normal, with less of those balls. But jeez, with all the moving parts that have to go on here, it's gonna be rough even there. It's not just the first round where everyone has to take the gaze, it's every round.

Cruz, Ice and anybody else that hasn't done the gaze...welcome to the jungle...you're gonna die!
Old 12-08-15, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks Meatpants for the info.....

I grabbed a Heart of the Praxic Fire chest yesterday with a 3-of-coin drop and the Warlock is starting to get solid in the armor area with it, The Stag helm and Voidfang Vestment chest. I squeezed a bit more out of some other pieces and finally hit the magical 290 with Warlock and Hunter...Titan is right at 289.5

I got help from a friend doing that daily with the Pulse Rifle mission...good grief that was rough. He knew where the ghosts were and with my lackluster jumping skills that was half the mission...but we finished and waiting on the second part today.

...so I guess it's that TIME...Trail By Fire....RAID...
Old 12-08-15, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheKing
What's sad is that I have a Golgoroth checkpoint on hard, but I can't see the daggers getting it done on hard.

Maybe we'll do it on normal, with less of those balls. But jeez, with all the moving parts that have to go on here, it's gonna be rough even there. It's not just the first round where everyone has to take the gaze, it's every round.

Cruz, Ice and anybody else that hasn't done the gaze...welcome to the jungle...you're gonna die!
6 Hunters and Shade Step!

I'll be on right around the time the update drops. If we have a 3rd at that time we can run the nightfalls.

Last edited by Obey The D; 12-08-15 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-08-15, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I grabbed a Heart of the Praxic Fire chest yesterday with a 3-of-coin drop and the Warlock is starting to get solid in the armor area with it, The Stag helm and Voidfang Vestment chest. I squeezed a bit more out of some other pieces and finally hit the magical 290 with Warlock and Hunter...Titan is right at 289.5

I got help from a friend doing that daily with the Pulse Rifle mission...good grief that was rough. He knew where the ghosts were and with my lackluster jumping skills that was half the mission...but we finished and waiting on the second part today.

Yeah, I was going to ask if you were doing it the ghost way. Glad you got it done.

Did you happen to do or have The First Firewall? It comes around on the 7th of every month, so you'll have a chance to catch it again if you didn't.
Old 12-08-15, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"The First Firewall"...not even certain what that is...first I've heard of it.
Old 12-08-15, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd be up for a normal Oryx run tonight if we have enough interest.

Scott, Cruz and I ran Paradox last night as well. We can team up and run VOG together after everyone completes the next part (kill a taken minotaur).
Old 12-08-15, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finished the golgoroth challenge this morning. I can confirm you can still use the 1 bubble method. All that matters is each person grabs the gaze during each DPS phase.

We ran it the same way you would do it normally, except the second gaze grabber has to jump out of the pit a bit earlier than everyone else to get the gaze before the timer runs out. By the time the 2nd guy gets the gaze, the puddle has disappeared and everyone else is jumping out. Then you just need to pass off the gaze to the remaining 4 players. You only have to hold the gaze for a few seconds before the next guy can grab it. You dont need to drop anymore puddles or do any more damage to golgoroth for the remainder of that phase, just pass off the gaze until everybody has had it once.

Then just repeat the process, until he's dead.
Old 12-08-15, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK, so I completed the Golgoroth challenge on hard, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

It's not easy, you really need a lot of coordination, and everyone needs to know what their job is and when to do it. The guys I did it with had already finished it twice, so they had the system down. They did a round of damage during the first gaze and then another one during the sixth. We ended up killing the bastard at the end of the second round.

Killer, sorry about leaving you hanging there.
Old 12-08-15, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I might need to jump in a party to do this second part if possible if my friend is not on or doing the RAID...he already has the gun anyways.

I saw this video on the Golgoroth RAID and wanted to ask does this strategy sound about right? This is the first I've seen this and trying to get an visual idea as to what's involved. Some comments, tips agree or what....before I actually jump in clueless....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d6-QT8ZisvU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-08-15, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Was off today, so finished the Golgo challenge on all three characters.

Really not that bad, as long as nobody dies. Just number up with evens on the right and odds on the left. After DPS, 3 and 5 head left and 2, 4, 6 head right.

2 grabs gaze, and as soon as he has it and Golgo turns, 3 should grab it, and the same for 4, 5, and 6. Need two decent gaze runners, number 1 to grab for DPS and number 6 that has to hold it for 20 seconds and avoid the orbs he shoots at you.

Can get Warlock to 318, Titan to 317 and Hunter 316.
Old 12-08-15, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pop those 3 of C tonight while sparrow racing. Exotics can drop after the race.
Old 12-08-15, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Pop those 3 of C tonight while sparrow racing. Exotics can drop after the race.
just read you can complete the Jolly Holiday quest by equipping TLW and completing SRL matches ??!!!
Old 12-08-15, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

also from patch notes

3oC now applicable in Crucible playlists at match completions

Frontier ghost shell can now be infused

heavy ammo spawn moved away from center of map on Asylum
Old 12-08-15, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

and don't decrypt exotic leg engrams, if by chance you get one, as they are turning into nothing across all characters in some cases
Old 12-08-15, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
also from patch notes

3oC now applicable in Crucible playlists at match completions

Frontier ghost shell can now be infused

heavy ammo spawn moved away from center of map on Asylum
I knew I should have mentioned the Asylum tweak...
Old 12-08-15, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

just read you can complete the Jolly Holiday quest by equipping TLW and completing SRL matches ??!!!
Yep I am up to 10% after 4 races. Thats even with blowing up a couple of times. I should be able to finish this tomorrow
Old 12-09-15, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sparrow racing is a lot of fun. I should have stuck with that instead of running the NF. Talk about shitty drops.
Old 12-09-15, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does anyone know what the racing armor pieces actually do or worth besides the Helm? I'm getting Blue & Legendary but there are no numbers. For the heck of it I equipped my character with all of them and I was like Light level 203. The racing is fun and knocked out three of the bounties with my Hunter.

And thanks Scott for the last minute on grabbing me for the Daily...a minute later I wouldn't be around. That was also one of the missions I still had left. When do you all run the RAID at night...time wise/ I think most seem to be on the West Coast time and see you running it around 10pm and after my time? I think I'm ready to give it a go providing you have the time and a spot. But I might have to wait till the weekend like Friday if it's late. I guess we still don't have enough for a "B-Team"?
Old 12-09-15, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does anyone know what the racing armor pieces actually do or worth besides the Helm? I'm getting Blue & Legendary but there are no numbers. For the heck of it I equipped my character with all of them and I was like Light level 203.
cosmetic aside from their perks
Old 12-09-15, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

cosmetic aside from their perks
so far the only thing I saw drop with nice light levels were the helmet and the Class armor (285+ gear) everything else has been cosmetic.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.