Reload this Page >

No Man's Sky (PS4, PC) (8/9/16)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

No Man's Sky (PS4, PC) (8/9/16)

Old 08-24-16, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts
Re: No Man's Sky (PS4, PC) (8/9/16)

Well the ship I have now was I think (3) or (4) slots of what I have...I believe (3) slots. If it's (2) or (3) slots I'll bite because like you say I think they made it like that so you have to take "Baby Steps" to upgrade. Multi-Tool I'm content with for now on but what's weird is on the planet I am now on, I haven't seen one single offer for a upgrade period. It's the race where they look like Toads. I'll just keep popping money away and keep shopping and looking for crash sites. the 42 slots in my suit is helping out big time.
Old 08-24-16, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Well not managed to grab Deus Ex yet, so another couple of hours on it. I managed to buy a better ship that had 30 slots (compared to the 21 I had before). Transferee what I could and dismantled the rest. About 5 mins after I found a crashed ship with one extra slot, and made the mistake of leaving it thinking I needed a resonator to power it up (had one in my inventory, but missed it). New ship cost me 7.5 million. But after checking out a couple of undiscovered planets in the system I returned to the Vector Cube planet (renamed to James Goldmine). I am gonna hang out and build cash back up significantly. With the extra storage space I can hold onto a good amount of the Vextor cubes. I could not get the who trip with hitting the boxes to stop sentinels, but cubes are generally all over so simply running and jetting makes it very hard to get hurt or killed.

Also something weird happened and not sure the outcome just yet. I tried transferring an Atlas Stone to the ship inventory, it seemed to disappear but didn't reappear in the ship inventory. I am not sure if it moved or not. I did see Atlas Stones for sale in the trader, so tempted to buy some at a later point just to be on the safe side.
Old 08-24-16, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 374 Likes on 279 Posts

After reading about the so called ending, I might be done with this game. It just doesn't seem fun anymore.
Old 08-24-16, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got the V3 pass at a Korvax Operations Centre. The dialogue said someone was watching me and I could either open up comms and talk back or shut them off. I opened comms and got the pass. Although, the V2 and V3 rooms that I've gone into so far haven't been that exciting.

I've been on the same planet for the past four hours looking for one last remaining animal. It's making me go crazy. Doesn't help that a storm blows in every 20 seconds.
Old 08-24-16, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
After reading about the so called ending, I might be done with this game. It just doesn't seem fun anymore.
spoiler it or link it. i will never have a ps4 so i will never have this game. just curious what the "endgame" is.
Old 08-24-16, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 435 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
spoiler it or link it. i will never have a ps4 so i will never have this game. just curious what the "endgame" is.
Spoiler:
"Good job, now here's a new game + mode. Have fun!"
Old 08-24-16, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,007 Likes on 800 Posts

Damn, I was hoping for a 2001 style finale, or at least an Interstellar one.
Old 08-25-16, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hit 6,000,000 last night on the same planet. I notice when the elite sentinels come the four legged one sometimes just walks back & forth in an area and ignoring me. I'll launch a grenade, take it out and the two flying ones will go over, look and scan, look at me and do nothing.

I do have question about placement of the Stamina Upgrades in your loadout. I got the +3 on and put it under a Radiation upgrade which is under the main suit icon but I'm not seeing a White Outline....like with the Radiation one under the suit icon. Health and upgrades get a Blue Outline....Does this get a boost or is it like the Water one where you just get extra air. And the Water one is next to a Radioactive and Toxic icon and it doesn't show a outline of any kind.

Last edited by K&AJones; 08-25-16 at 06:51 AM.
Old 08-25-16, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well i played a little this morning. I decided to move forward rather than keep making cash. Probably come across a similar style planet somewhere along the Atlas path, so prefer to try and keep plodding on. Still managed to leave with around 8 million, but would prefer to be around the 20 million mark.

I did read somewhere that unless you have all the Atlas Stones at the end of the Atlas Path you cannot finish. I wondered if buying replacements would bypass this?
Old 08-25-16, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 374 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Spoiler:
"Good job, now here's a new game + mode. Have fun!"
Basically. Except they
Spoiler:
take away your items and break your ship again.
which is total bullshit.

So repetitive.
Old 08-25-16, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 235 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Hit 6,000,000 last night on the same planet. I notice when the elite sentinels come the four legged one sometimes just walks back & forth in an area and ignoring me. I'll launch a grenade, take it out and the two flying ones will go over, look and scan, look at me and do nothing.

I do have question about placement of the Stamina Upgrades in your loadout. I got the +3 on and put it under a Radiation upgrade which is under the main suit icon but I'm not seeing a White Outline....like with the Radiation one under the suit icon. Health and upgrades get a Blue Outline....Does this get a boost or is it like the Water one where you just get extra air. And the Water one is next to a Radioactive and Toxic icon and it doesn't show a outline of any kind.
Maybe I'm not understanding your question right, but there is only going to be an outline if you have two of the same types of upgrades right next to each other. So your stamina +3 would need to be next to another stamina upgrade to get an outline.
Old 08-25-16, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I was thinking in terms of how everything is in line with your Multi-tool....like everything tied to the Laser is suppose to be together as the scanner and Plasma Launcher in order to get the benefits. I didn't see any outline with the Water or Stamina no matter I put it. But I did with the extra health and suit Deflectors like Rads, Toxic and Cold. So I assume with Water , Stamina and Shield Boost you can put those anywhere?
Old 08-25-16, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

Wait... what?

They have to be together and they don't let you move them... horse shit!
Old 08-25-16, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well...the main ones...your jetpack, health and Exosuit stay where they are and can never be moved. However all the upgrades can and from what I was told...you do need to string them together to get the bonus out of them. Much like the post I did asking about the Multi-tool which your loadout varies. I found this that sort of explains it though I've seen other discussions

http://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Upgrade_bonus

Old 08-26-16, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Music
Wait... what?

They have to be together and they don't let you move them... horse shit!
Yeah its a huge flaw in the system and an update needs to address it. Not being able to move upgrades in inventory is just stupid. You have to dismantle any upgrades and then rebuild in another spot if you want to place it elsewhere. I get they feeling they thought that doing this would somehow make the process feel more like a challenge that people would be happy to meet head on, instead of it being something seen as simply lazy by the developers and another flaw in the game design.

I could not help read the article about what is at the end of the game and to tell the truth its made me want to simply walk away from the game. I will probably just now play to get to the end of both paths as quickly as possible. I am really not seeing enough variety in the game to keep my long term interest anything other than an odd hour or two here or there. Unless some DLC gets released with major inclusion of journeys that lead to something, greater diversity in animals, buildings etc. and have more to invest the player it will only be kept as a thing to check out from time to time.
Old 08-26-16, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I didn't read the article about the end and frankly just feel like I'm stabbing at the game in terms of getting loot and scanning for new stuff while uploading the new finds.

I did hit $7 million...which is in thanks of this planet I've been on. I came here with around $4.1 million when I landed and about every time I think about leaving I come across more of those Pearl Pods. I still cannot find the ship I'm looking for...which is in the 29-31 slot range. I came across a used 37 slot one but that was over $12 million and these on this planet look weird. only two crashed ships so far as well.

On the Video Game deal's Doom is $20.00 at Amazon and I might bite on it even though I have Fallout4, Diablo and there was a huge Warframe update that I'll probably check out.
Old 08-26-16, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
On the Video Game deal's Doom is $20.00 at Amazon and I might bite on it even though I have Fallout4, Diablo and there was a huge Warframe update that I'll probably check out.
I would definitely grab Doom for that price. I rented it a few months back and really enjoyed it. Not GOTY great (as this year has had a number of great games) but it is certainly a game worth owning. I am gonna pick a copy up at that price. I also read a review of Battlefield: Hardline the other day and it sounds pretty good, and thats cheap as well at the moment. Still a number of great looking games and remasters coming out before the end of the year, so its gonna be a pricey few months.
Old 08-26-16, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I did grab Doom along with some Ortz Thumbstick covers and a OIVO Charging Station which was marked down almost 70%. I'll still play No Man's Sky and my thought when getting the game was play a little here and there anyways.
Old 08-27-16, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well,,,,this is probably a little late but Pologon has a really good in depth article on Resources, symbols, make of, descriptions and tips on finding them quicker....

http://www.polygon.com/no-mans-sky/2...esource-planet
Old 08-29-16, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apparently Sony is allowing refunds......

I looked on the official site>forums and some are asking how and of course all are claiming the same reason(s).....

...I'm sorry but I don't see it that way...the game incomplete, not what was advertise, DLC, no the type of game I thought, blah, blah, blah.....but some of these players are upset they put in 50+hrs and their claim is being denied. But some are getting a refund which to me is ridiculous.....the game came out three weeks ago and how many hours have some played yet complaining, crying a river, moaning like spoiled brats "I want my money back or I'll tell my mommy" BS.....the sad part is this has opened a huge can of worms for later games and if all these clowns think they're getting their money back after playing a game for FREE....someone will pay somehow like us legit gamers one way or another....
Old 08-30-16, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In this day and age a reason can truly see what a game is like before buying it. Most people have phones, and many of those have smart phone. Or a PC, or internet access in some form. Whenever I am curious about a game I will read through a lot of reviews or articles, discussion forums if I can find any and certainly watch videos of the game running on YouTube. I find it utterly stupid when people say they bought a game and it's not what they expected. There is simply no reason for it. And when people have pumped a tonne of hours into the game already I find it even more rediculous. It's people being cheap and realizing that between now and Christmas there are a load of AAA games coming out and they just want to try and con the company into paying a refund. Buyer beware should be the consideration with everything. I mean this excuse could be used for literally anything in life. I book a package holiday and when I return I say that Italy wasn't actually what I expected and I want my money back. Stupid morons.
Old 08-30-16, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea...I've had a few "lemons" I bought and just sucked it up with a slight sour taste in my mouth and disappointment and then traded the game in like a week or two at best while I could still get a decent amount of $$$$ back....

But to hold on a game for three weeks playing it and then come out complaining how bad it is and I want just some money back but all $60+ is just pathetic. It shouldn't take but a few days tops if you like or feel so-so or just don't like a game. And how many times I've seen where some said they were not going to buy and just rent it before buying....

I did break down and buy a ship last night....one with 27 slots compared to my 23.....and it at least looked good to. I hit 8.4 million...still on this planet full of those Pearls and Emeril that I just keep looting. It cost me like $3.2 million so no harm and I figure maybe save up and come across a wreck with 29-30 slots and continue to move on. I'm about to head backwards to some of the systems I skipped when I was getting the Atlas Pass/Stone. I'll keep playing this off and on between other games and my Doom copy will be here in the next few days...hopefully before the Labor Day weekend.
Old 08-30-16, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 435 Likes on 304 Posts

Entitled pieces of shit.
Old 08-30-16, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just been playing it as "Spaceballs II". Funnest game ever!
Old 08-31-16, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finally got off the loot planet I've been on for awhile and headed backward to the previous system which all I did was warp to and then out. I needed a change of scenery which this planet has about nothing...endless flat and hilly areas full of openness with hardly anything standing up...it is colorful with lots of purple and bright greens but next to nothing loot. I am finally able to use a Atlas Pass though which the previous system only had V2 and V3.....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.