Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

No Man's Sky (PS4, PC) (8/9/16)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-16, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Re: No Man's Sky (PS4, PC) (8/9/16)

Stupidest thing ever. You can't rename your ship.

Also, sometimes I see a waypoint and it's say 14:38 away. I'll get closer to it, like 10:21 away then it starts increasing. And decreasing. And increasing. And decreasing.

Annoying.
Old 08-14-16, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

That annoys the shit out of me as well watching the time go down and then jump back up the next second. It seems to be a timer based upon your height, but it still seems to be faulty at best. It certainly needs fixing. Something else I would like is a portable trader. Today I collected a lot of Emeril (BAM!!!) and then spent literally an hour looking for a terminal to sell it at. And as someone suggested a portable land vehicle would be a great feature.
Old 08-14-16, 08:57 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got my plat on this...now I just need to get to the center...
Old 08-14-16, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
That annoys the shit out of me as well watching the time go down and then jump back up the next second. It seems to be a timer based upon your height, but it still seems to be faulty at best. It certainly needs fixing. Something else I would like is a portable trader. Today I collected a lot of Emeril (BAM!!!) and then spent literally an hour looking for a terminal to sell it at. And as someone suggested a portable land vehicle would be a great feature.
Sometimes random settlements have a trade bot. Also, there's always the space station.
Old 08-15-16, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Sometimes random settlements have a trade bot. Also, there's always the space station.
I know. For an hour I was going from one settlement to another, even using the scans to locate stations....and NONE of them had one in. It was always an Alien and a couple of things to give me credits and standing with an alien race. It did not help that I am in a system with no space station, so flying into space wasn't an option.

Last night I had my first serious bug occur. I found a huge tower of gold and was drilling it all out. Close to the bottom I actually fell through the ground. I landed being able to see the underside of the ground, but not in a cavern. The suit indicated that I was underwater, which I wasn't. I tried flying through the ground to get above surface but it wouldn't let me. I had no choice but to let myself die. Then on being resurrected I found my grave, had to dig to try and get to it but can't reach it because I hit a solid point you cannot blast through and my grave is literally just on the other side. So lost my inventory from that grave.
Old 08-15-16, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Well finally got out into space only to find out the planet I've been on is like Uranus with three small planets about like Mars or Neptune in size. So I know where I'll be for awhile. I did find a Space Station but nothing really special. I was hoping it would be the key to The Atlas Key which I guess I need to sit down and just see how to get it on my own and not following the path.

I'm up to 39 slots in my suit and already at 50% on my second planet which has water this time around. Thankfully I have the Underwater Blueprint which I'll need; one Ruin is literally in the middle of a lake underwater.

I did die my first time and the worst place possible; falling thru a small hole to a underground cavern full of water. I drowned and lost everything and due to the high light blue grass I couldn't find the hole but did. Swim to the point, got my stuff and used the Rocket Pack to shoot me out of the water.

Also came close to getting another ship; the one that looks like a X-Wing. It had 28 slots but I didn't have enough. One of those Trader Observatories had six ships circling so I just hung out waiting for each ship to land and then make an offer to see what it had.
Old 08-15-16, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really need to focus on getting more suit slots. I think I've only upgraded it three times, and I have a 25 slot ship. It's kind of painful. It's just so easy to get distracted in this game, so even if I go in with the gameplan of finding drop pods, it never pans out that way.
Old 08-15-16, 09:57 AM
gamer for life

I am not sure why, but getting the mask that lets you breath under water and then swimming around at the bottom of a lake or ocean, and then finding a base at the bottom is so amazing...it is like you really are exploring the unknown (though obviously alien life built that base)

Highlights for me...

Found a Planet that was completely void of life..dry...high winds. My in game guide said there was life, but I could not find it. I am about to leave when I find a cave. It leads to an underground lake with plants and huge amount of life...all living underground.

Water planet..I mentioned above. I came back after I had my breathing mask and found a bunch of life and other items at the bottom. This planet had almost no actual land...just enough really to land your ship.

Planet of midgets...all the animals and plants were small. Like really cute tiny small.
Old 08-15-16, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,195 Likes on 4,222 Posts

How do you upgrade the suit? I haven't even done that once and can't imagine if there are plans available to find that I haven't found any yet.
Old 08-15-16, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
How do you upgrade the suit? I haven't even done that once and can't imagine if there are plans available to find that I haven't found any yet.
I've only run across suit "upgrades" that add an extra slot to your suit - then you craft an upgrade into that slot.
Old 08-15-16, 11:16 AM
gamer for life

Space stations, after you get the level 1 pass will have a room to the left that has an upgrade station that unlocks additional slots on your suit. Be sure to upgrade every chance you get..the price goes up the more you upgrade..You can also find this upgrade stations on random drop pods and other places on planets..

As for plans, you will get them over time and then you can install these plan upgrades in free slots on your suit.
Old 08-15-16, 11:17 AM
gamer for life

love the game but this made me laugh..be sure to have audio on

twitter.com/Britbongreturns/status/765190830894317568
Old 08-15-16, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,195 Likes on 4,222 Posts

So I have to follow the Atlas storyline to get an Atlas pass right? I haven't done that. I just keep mining on my magic gold boulder planet.
Old 08-15-16, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So I have to follow the Atlas storyline to get an Atlas pass right? I haven't done that. I just keep mining on my magic gold boulder planet.
When you find out let me know...

on the suit about 1/2 of the Suit Upgrade Pods I found by accident and I believe the last one...39 costs me 200,000. I have not read anywhere if there is a limit but considering everything you can collect and make I'm sue you can never have enough slots. I got some recipe to make a lava looking rock...Magnox I think. You can sell one for like 32,000.
Old 08-15-16, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, just got it
Old 08-15-16, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

So how do you know if you're following the Atlas story line? At my first ships wreck, I interacted with the red ball which mentioned the Atlas, but in the subsequent 20 hours or so I haven't seem/heard of it again.
Old 08-15-16, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by lopper
So how do you know if you're following the Atlas story line? At my first ships wreck, I interacted with the red ball which mentioned the Atlas, but in the subsequent 20 hours or so I haven't seem/heard of it again.
Once you warp to your second (third?) new area, you'll discover a space anomaly. That space anomaly will allow you to choose Atlas path, center of universe path, or other. That space anomaly will also grant you v1 of the AtlasPass.

The particular space anomaly has returned for me as well a few systems later.

I just hit a really terrible bug. The game has stopped saving for me. I lost three hours of mining, upgrades, and story progression because it wasn't saving. I hit a bug where when trying to open a multi-tool thing, the game crashed. When I started back into the game it was from three hours earlier. And then I realized when I got in and out of my ship, it wasn't updating my save game (it'll save once or twice, but then stops). Have to stop playing until it gets fixed. :-(
Old 08-15-16, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well correction on my suit...I just hit 37 slots and the price was $220,000.....

So when you say Warp...do you mean like leave the system you are in and will it show up on the Galactic Map?
Old 08-15-16, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
So when you say Warp...do you mean like leave the system you are in and will it show up on the Galactic Map?
Yep! After you build the warp cell and hyperdrive and move on to a new galaxy or two, the anomaly should appear. It might show up on the galactic map, I can't remember, but it's certainly announced when you get to the galaxy.
Old 08-15-16, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
I am not sure why, but getting the mask that lets you breath under water and then swimming around at the bottom of a lake or ocean, and then finding a base at the bottom is so amazing...it is like you really are exploring the unknown (though obviously alien life built that base)

Highlights for me...

Found a Planet that was completely void of life..dry...high winds. My in game guide said there was life, but I could not find it. I am about to leave when I find a cave. It leads to an underground lake with plants and huge amount of life...all living underground.

Water planet..I mentioned above. I came back after I had my breathing mask and found a bunch of life and other items at the bottom. This planet had almost no actual land...just enough really to land your ship.

Planet of midgets...all the animals and plants were small. Like really cute tiny small.
Did you find Matt Damin or matthew mcconaughey yet?
Old 08-15-16, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Well finally got out into space only to find out the planet I've been on is like Uranus with three small planets about like Mars or Neptune in size. ...
So how many hours did you spend in Uranus?

Speaking of which, I don't see any time tracker in the game, just distance and other stuff.
Old 08-15-16, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

So what's the general consensus?

1. Worth buying right now
2. Worth buying when it's budget
3. Worth a rental
4. Worth skipping

Are there any planets with everything on a cobb or a screaming sun?
Old 08-15-16, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

I played for about 8 hours (PS4) this weekend and ran into zero problems.

I knew about the pre-order ship, so I waited till I got warp before I claimed that, and I've only had small bugs that would resolve quickly. I've no major bugs or even a single crash.
Old 08-15-16, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Music
So how many hours did you spend in Uranus?

Speaking of which, I don't see any time tracker in the game, just distance and other stuff.
I long, long time....I got 100% on the planet, at least 100 Alien words, at least 32 Suit Slots, upgraded my Multi-Tool three times, mined a ton of Emeril which you get the most of $$$$ wise so I could get my new "used" ship and a load of recipes for everything which I feel pretty comfortable with.

Rich....So what's the general consensus?

I like the game...it's like a Space Version of Minecraft I guess. Everyone see's something different, collecting, tagging, cataloging and frankly even though everything is being almost generated before your eyes there's some neat stuff...it's definitely not dull by any means. Seeing something, renaming and uploading something no-one has seen....and probably not even the Devs for all we know is pretty cool. I mean you cannot tell someone how to play a planet when they haven't seen it and it's all new to the person on it....
Old 08-15-16, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2
So what's the general consensus?

1. Worth buying right now
2. Worth buying when it's budget
3. Worth a rental
4. Worth skipping

Are there any planets with everything on a cobb or a screaming sun?
I would recommend anyone to rent it first. This is the kind of game you will either love or hate. No point taking a risk on a purchase if for a night at a buck fifty or so.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.