Quantum Break (REMEDY, Apr. 5, 2016, Xbox One) - Time lords need not apply

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Quantum Break (REMEDY, Apr. 5, 2016, Xbox One) - Time lords need not apply

Old 04-08-16, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Quantum Break (REMEDY, Apr. 5, 2016, Xbox One) - Time lords need not apply

Originally Posted by OldBoy
is it that short of a campaign or have you just been playing a lot?
It's not a long campaign and I did a lot of exploring to find as many collectibles as I could, plus there was about 90 minutes of live action video. I'd say that the campaign is in the 10-12 hour range if you just focus on that.

I did play a lot, particularly last night. From 4pm - 1am give or take some breaks for food and drink. That was Act 3, Part 3 through the end.
Old 04-08-16, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't play as much as I wanted last night, but holy shit - when you are walking through
Spoiler:
Ground Zero
in Act 2 Part 2 and
Spoiler:
time is going apeshit
I was fucking giddy at how well that was developed and presented to us.
Old 04-08-16, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

I only got to the part where it turns into a shooter, I think I stopped at Act 1 part 3... when do the episodes kick in?
Old 04-08-16, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Soon.

The reason I played so much is because my kids come back this afternoon and I typically spend time with them rather than on the Xbox. So it was either now or in another week. I chose now.
Old 04-08-16, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Act 1 Part 3.
Old 04-08-16, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

PC version seems like a mess.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...antum-break-pc
Old 04-08-16, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Sounds about right. UWP is pretty awful. I'm staying far away from the Win10 store.
Old 04-08-16, 02:43 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

Yikes. I've seen some people say they didn't see any of these issues on their own PCs, but I trust the folks at eurogamer since they do this kind of thing for a living.

Good thing the W10 version was free with my XO purchase. If I had only bought this on PC, I'd be pissed off, too.
Old 04-09-16, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,227 Posts

I had a blast with Quantum Break, but geez, this is the most inessential upgrade tree of any game I think I've ever played. I wound up not even using the majority of my upgrade points. (I kept waiting to get stuck and redeem my points for something that'd get me out of that jam, but that never really happened.) Maybe it's more necessary on Hard...?
Old 04-10-16, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm kinda lukewarm on this one. I'm at the halfway point but to me this really feels like Bioshock: Infinite.....mechanically 5 years too late and graphically 3 or 4.
Old 04-11-16, 08:50 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

I'm definitely not in love with the controls. It feels kinda chaotic (not an observation of the plot) and I'm not always sure what to press.

That said... ACT 2 PART 2 was wonderful.
Old 04-11-16, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dan

That said... ACT 2 PART 2 was wonderful.
Right?!
Old 04-11-16, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
I'm definitely not in love with the controls. It feels kinda chaotic (not an observation of the plot) and I'm not always sure what to press.:
Right?! sons of bitches!
Old 04-21-16, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: PS4: 0 days without a DDoS attack

17 days since Quantum Break came out I still haven't gotten any of the Alan Wake codes or the Win10 version
Old 04-21-16, 01:17 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

I got my American Nightmare code after a few days. Got my Alan Wake and W10 codes last week.

You should contact MS somehow.
Old 04-21-16, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Dan
I got my American Nightmare code after a few days. Got my Alan Wake and W10 codes last week.

You should contact MS somehow.
I've called 3 times, posted on their support forum, tweeted and DMed with @xboxsupport, and have gotten nothing more than we're working on it. I'm never giving Microsoft another dollar, I've never felt more mistreated by a company.
Old 04-21-16, 04:16 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts
Re: PS4: 0 days without a DDoS attack

Originally Posted by cleaver
17 days since Quantum Break came out I still haven't gotten any of the Alan Wake codes or the Win10 version
probably a silly question, but have you checked your inbox for messages on the XBOX One? i had both waiting for me when i logged on one day...
Old 04-23-16, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just wrapped it up. It wasn't a bad game but it was instantly forgettable and clearly designed for 7th generation consoles. It might be worth a budget buy but frankly you wouldn't be doing yourself a disservice by skipping it.
Old 05-01-16, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by cleaver
I've called 3 times, posted on their support forum, tweeted and DMed with @xboxsupport, and have gotten nothing more than we're working on it. I'm never giving Microsoft another dollar, I've never felt more mistreated by a company.
Not saying you shouldn't be upset, but seems weird to feel "mistreated" by not getting some freebies when they say they're working on it. I haven't logged in to my XBox in awhile, but looks like mine were waiting for me back on 4/14. Did you ever get this resolved? Sounded like they were going out in waves -

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...break-preorder

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I'm kinda lukewarm on this one. I'm at the halfway point but to me this really feels like Bioshock: Infinite.....mechanically 5 years too late and graphically 3 or 4.
Originally Posted by starseed1981
Just wrapped it up. It wasn't a bad game but it was instantly forgettable and clearly designed for 7th generation consoles. It might be worth a budget buy but frankly you wouldn't be doing yourself a disservice by skipping it.
Are you saying it felt graphically last gen then? I just started Act 3, and while I agree with the earlier comments about the controls not being very intuitive (the powers feel kind of a mess so far) I think the game looks pretty good - especially the character models. Probably one of the better representations of "live" actors that i've seen in a game.

Last edited by fumanstan; 05-01-16 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-01-16, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts

I lost interest in this after act 2. I might just try and finish it this week and get rid of it. Definitely agree with the idea it's not memorable. Different but not memorable.
Old 05-01-16, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm in Act 4 now and enjoying the game, but I wish there was more gameplay. After getting the Time Rush power I'm enjoying the action sequences quite a bit, but aside from going place to place for a battle, there's not much else to it aside from cutscenes and videos. The plot is entertaining to me as I like the subject matter, I just wish so much of it wasn't contained to non-interactive pieces and things to find and read.

The time powers make me think it would be really cool in a comic book game.
Old 05-04-16, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 127 Posts

I started this last night and played up to the first episode of the live action show and it was a wreck. While most streaming seems to dock resolution if needed, this seems to keep the resolution and slow the frame rate. I have no idea how low it was going, but it was stuttery as hell and all but unwatchable. I made it through about a minute, quit out and reloaded to see if that would fix it. No luck. I tried Netflix on my Xbone immediately after that and it was streaming just fine in HD, so I don't think it was my internet speed. Anyway, I guess I'll be downloading the massive 75Gb video file to be able to play this. Kind of a pain in the ass.
Old 05-04-16, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Not saying you shouldn't be upset, but seems weird to feel "mistreated" by not getting some freebies when they say they're working on it. I haven't logged in to my XBox in awhile, but looks like mine were waiting for me back on 4/14. Did you ever get this resolved? Sounded like they were going out in waves -

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...break-preorder

Are you saying it felt graphically last gen then? I just started Act 3, and while I agree with the earlier comments about the controls not being very intuitive (the powers feel kind of a mess so far) I think the game looks pretty good - especially the character models. Probably one of the better representations of "live" actors that i've seen in a game.
Yeah, I agree that the facial modeling during the in game cut scenes was great but everything else kinda meh. Just imho anyhow.
Old 05-08-16, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Finished the game just now in normal difficulty. Didn't find all the collectibles, and didn't realize until half way through the marker to find all the upgrades. Oops I liked the story overall, but for all the time travel stuff the game still felt somewhat small in scale and I wanted more game play like I said before instead of so many cut scenes and reading documents and emails.

Probably a 7/10 for me... it was fun and original, but not particularly amazing or mind blowing. I did like the live action stuff, they were pretty well done even if it was about characters that didn't directly do much in the main game (Charlie, Liam, Fiona).

Originally Posted by pinata242
Nah, I finished that. When you get there, you can tell me if the game in any way prepared you for that battle! You jive turkey, motherf...
I died once since I wasn't paying attention to what was going on, but I didn't think it was that crazy at all.
Old 05-14-16, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
Nah, I finished that. When you get there, you can tell me if the game in any way prepared you for that battle! You jive turkey, motherf...
Wow, completely agree on this nonsense. I even made a conscious effort to use all the powers regularly through the game, figuring I'd eventually need to be good with them. Then the last boss fight was just full of cheap deaths that at least felt like they couldn't be avoided. I spent two hours failing and waiting on the reload screens until I finally just gave up and watched the end online. First time I've ever done that with a game. Anyway, I loved the story and thought the live episodes were integrated extremely well, but the gameplay itself was very lackluster. The powers never felt organic to use, they made the combat extremely easy throughout and then were pretty much useless in avoiding crap deaths at the very end. If they make a sequel, hopefully they polish up the mechanics, because there was a lot I liked here.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.